MAC Sheertone Blush - Breath of Plum

MAC Sheertone Blush - Breath of Plum

4.4

on 10/18/2017 12:06:00 AM

Kinda surprised. Thought this may be a bit too dark or pull too much red on me.. I have fair/med skin with a strong red undertone. This blush is so pretty but must use a light hand. I received lots of compliments. My favorites are Blushbaby and Melba for my warm undertones. Depends on what the season is. This is great for fall/winter and goes great with Brave lipstick. I have brown eyes and dark brown/black Hair. Looks stunning!! So happy I tried it!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Surprisingly disappointing but not terrible. This is a sheertone blush, there is no shimmer or glitter. I am a NC25 with combination skin with slightly dry cheeks. This is a pinkish plum color.

I don't reach for this blush often because it feels too dark for me. MAC's products in general are highly pigmented. When I wear the blush, I have to use a small amount. I also have to tone it down with powder after applying. I will add that I tend to do this with other blushes. I'm not interested in a dramatic look. Also, it could be due to my foundation, but the color doesn't look exactly as it does in the pan. It looks prettier in the pan.

There's a lot of product in the pan and I think the price is reasonable. If you're looking for a colorful blush, this could work. The blush doesn't suit my taste and it's not horrible but it's not great for me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love the color. The price seems a little high but maybe not because it should last a long time. The color lasts all day for me. I needed to train myself to have a lighter hand with this. Otherwise it was too much color. Overall glad I made the purchase.

on 11/24/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful plum blush that is sheer and pigmented at the same time. Goes on extremely natural with a matte finish that allows your skin to show through the color (like all of the sheertone blushes). I am between NC20 and NC25 and this looks extremely similar to Blushbaby on my skin, although slightly cooler - I would say if you own one you do not need the other, but I do love them both! Eczema friendly.

on 12/25/2015 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Gorgeous colour. I'm an NC20 and it's surprisingly flattering on my skin tone, a plummy mauve that also works nicely as an eyeshadow. As it is a sheertone it is very buildable, I can wear it as sheer or as pigmented as I want to. Love that there is no shimmer in it either. Only con is that I don't find it to be that long lasting (I have this issue with all MAC blushes).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite blush that I have ever tried! I honestly love it so much. I will probably use this blush for as long as MAC makes it.

Pros:
-A lot goes a long way for my skin tone. I don't have to use too much to get my desired look.
-I love the texture. It is so smooth, and it feels very light.
-The color is absolutely perfect. Not too pink and not too dark!

Cons:
It fell apart quite easily. I was about halfway through the product when the compact broke apart. I was on a vacation when the blush fell from the counter into the sink and all of the blush broke apart. I was devastated! I even tried a diy on Pinterest to try and save it (which worked surprisingly well, besides the point.)

Either way, it is wonderful, and I will continue to use this product as long as it can!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this, on my arm/hand, it can be a very soft pretty neutral pink. On my cheeks it's very dark, heavy, mottled, and doesn't lift my face like other blushes. I suspect it's because I have drier skin and prefer a more dewy look on my face (I would never use powder on my face), and the dewiness I work so hard to have, in turn, makes this dark on me. I could see where, on very light or very dark complexions, this would be a really fantastic color - particularly, if they wanted a soft, neutral look - but on me, it's mud.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This blush is beautiful on my skin and I'm an NC20 skin tone.

It's perfect for the fall and winter, but if I want to pull it off in the summer months I can definitely sheer it out. This is very pigmented and will last a long time. I've had mine for over a year and I haven't even hit pan on it and at a time this was the only blush I owned so I used it everyday for months. This is definitely a great value and an ideal option for someone who's looking for a cool-tone blush.

on 1/30/2015 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find blushes that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Breath of plum is gorgeous!!! On me it's a plum pink colour. The sheertone finish blushes are my second favourite mac finish (matte being my first). I love that they are pigmented and have no glitter or shimmer in them. Breath of Plum lasts about 8 hours on me and blends well. I love this blush so so sooo much and 100% will be buying this again when my current one runs out!!

Love this blush! Perfect everyday color. The only downside is that the packaging broke almost immediately (the top broke off) and the product broke up into pieces when I was about halfway through the pan.