Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme

Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme
Amore Matte Lip CremeMilani Amore Matte Lip Creams

3.2

Not tested on animals

Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Flavor (Aroma), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate. /- May Contain: , Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 6 Lake (CI 15859), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 (CI 45410), Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I honestly can not believe that a lipstick like this can be bought for $7 in some places. I don't live in the US so I am not that lucky, but just knowing that some ladies buy it at that price boggles my mind. I can compare this lipstick, in terms of quality and formula, to Too Faced's Liquid Mattes, except those cost almost 3 times as much as the Milani. That is how good Milani's Amore is and it is hands down the best lipstick I have ever owned in terms of price-quality.

The formula is a bit runny but it is:
- super pigmented,
- easy to apply,
- dries down completely matte,
- feels super light on the lips,
- doesn't transfer,
- smells amazing and
- lasts up to 12 hours depending on how careful I am when eating and drinking.
Unbelievable.

The packaging is gorgeous, feels sturdy and looks expensive.
No two colors look the same or too much alike, so that's a great range too.

I am absolutely in love with these and consider them better than many more expensive lipsticks.

on 10/26/2017 5:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

okay. i DO like these, but tbh, i feel so much anxiety when wearing them that i honestly hardly ever do. to be fair i have two super dark shades (devotion + obsession) which means that they're naturally less forgiving in terms of wear, but the fact that it IS so conspicuous when they do wear coupled with the fact that they're so difficult to reapply directly over what product is leftover means that these are really not great for wearing virtually anywhere. if i leave my house, i am probably going to be eating somewhere in public at some point. or drinking at the very least. and these crumble so terribly on the inside of my mouth, even before i actually leave the house. :( to be perfectly fair these LLs were my foray into the world of liquid lipsticks, so i don't know if that's to be expected and liquid lipsticks just aren't my game, but i really dislike how high maintenance the two shades i picked up are. i do have some complementary shades in NYX's smlcs, so when i wear these liquid lipsticks from milani i touch up with the NYX because that formula is more hydrating and far less likely to cake up and crumble on my inner lip. that's been working for me so far, but maybe i just need to spend more time playing with the formula, moisturizing beforehand, applying thinner layers etc. i do hope i can get better results in the future.

onto some good things about these LLs! they are true liquid lipsticks yall. go on wet but dry in seconds flat. i love how they make my lips look, matte products make my lips look so much fuller and these achieve that result best of any matte lip products i currently own. the applicator is really nice and flexible, the doe foot is actually long and flat which i prefer for this type of lip product. also, the two colors i have as i mentioned before are quite dark, and yet, they are not streaky in the slightest!! they do seem to be pretty good quality and i'm inclined to believe that my negative experiences have more to do with the fact that i'm simply not used to wearing liquid lipsticks.

overall, i don't mind these and there are enough positives about the product that make me want to try to figure them out lol. i think the lighter shades would probably be totally fine and i'd really like to try a few of them one of these days. but for, what, $12 a pop...i will wait until i have first figured out how to wear these without hating myself 2 hours later hahaha

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Writing this review to counter all the bad reviews because I 100% disagree with them. This is one of only two drugstore liquid lipsticks (the second one being Liquid Catsuit by Wet'n'Wild) that doesn't crack, doesn't flake, doesn't dry lips, doesn't look dry as it doesn't settle into lip lines (unlike NYX's lip lingerie which I do like but which does flake and settle into lines making your lips look like an accordion...). This stays put through eating, drinking, anything (other than oil, of course, but that is common sense). It looks so smooth for hours, even the dark colors. My favorites are Covet (very dark brown) and Stunning (light nude brown). Honestly if this looks/feels dry on you then maybe you aren't a fan of liquid lipsticks altogether....this is one of the best formulas on the market. The Mattalics are much more drying and flaky, but not these matte ones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are probably the best liquid lipsticks at the drugstore. The shade range is really great (even better online) that covers nudes, reds, pinks and deep brown and berry colours. They smell like vanilla cake batter which I really like. I have both the shades Adorable, Devotion and Pretty as well as a couple of the metallic colours.

The formula is hands down my favourite of all my liquid lip formulas. The rich colours just glide on and look completely matte and perfect. These have more pigment than my KVD ones and more of a creamy, opaque formula. They definitely give you a more "made up" look than a lipstick. You definitely don't need to layer it, and you only need a tiny bit. They can look a bit cakey if layered or with too much product.

They dry super fast and after that they don't transfer AT ALL.They are a little drying, as all liquid lipsticks are going to be, but they aren't as drying as other formulas I've tried. They do feel dry but they don't make your lips dry, if that makes sense. When I take this off, there's no real dry or flakey skin on my lips.

These last around 7 hours without eating greasy foods. I'd recommend using an oil to remove it at the end of the day. I would recommend these more for people who have tried liquid lipsticks or drier matte lipsticks before and liked them. If you only like lip balms and creamy lipsticks and can't stand the feeling of dry lips you will hate these.

on 7/26/2017 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

i don't know what exactly to feel about these. i have to put vaseline on before i put the actual product on, it's so drying i can barely stand having it on a full day, and it transfers a LOT. it also peels as the day goes on. but i love the way it looks on my skin tone, and it gives off the illusion that my teeth are whiter than what they actually are, which i like as well. not sure if i'd purchase it again though.

on 8/7/2017 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hi guys/ladies!

I'm fairly new to the make up world/community, so what I'm gonna say is just purely based off of how I liked this product while I was wearing it. Just gonna put it out there that I haven't tried a crap ton of lipsticks or liquid lips or whatever, but yeah here you go.

I bought the lip crème in shade "Emotion" (#32). It's a dark, red-toned brown. I have olive/medium skin that's yellowish in tone. It's a very nice lip product, I'd say, but a little bit drying. I live in Hong Kong where it's humid all year long, so it's not a huge issue for me and the drying-ness is not particularly noticeable either.

I'm quite satisfied with the product as a whole but one thing I really do not like is the transferability. It will get on a lot of stuff, mostly eating utensils and the likes. Most of the product that was on my 'lip waterline' came off completely after a meal, so I had to reapply.

It's easy to put on, with the long wand, I can see what I'm doing. It dries down completely matte and I do really like that about it, plus the price isn't too bad for the amount of product you're getting. If you live somewhere drier, like in the US or Canada or whatever, you could buy some lip balm and put it either over or under the liquid lip.

*My lips started tingling a little bit earlier when I put it on, but I might've just rubbed my lips too vigorously with sugar lip scrub. After a minute or so the tingling stopped and everything was fine.

The pigmentation is awesome, and it was quite opaque. It's my first bold (dark) lippie so maybe I'm just easily impressed, but you should try it out if you feel brave or if you haven't tried dark lips before!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Beautiful but drying. I wear baby lips lip balm under this. I love the packaging the gold top and the doe-foot applicator. It reminds me of MAC lipstick, but this one doesn't have a gloss to put over it. I have the nude colour. All you need is one swipe, a coating. Too much no good. Similar colour to the Maybelline Jolt lip paint (my HG) drugstore liquid lipstick. this is matte goes on like lip gloss, creamy texture and turns automatically into a lipstick in one minute to dry up as well. There no weard or good smells, not in the moisturizing department, and I prefer to wear something moisturizing either over or u der it, I'd say like a gloss over it. Honestly the darker colours show up the best. The pros are, pretty colours, great packaging. Long lasting, can get thru a passionate primitive kiss in this whithout getting it on my partners lips too like most lipsticks and lipglosses. This l/s lasts 7 hours total.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a good cheap liquid lipstick that dries fully matte. Bad thing about it is that if you wear it alone, it flakes off in patches. But if you apply a hydrating primer, like Anastasia's lip primer, it'll prevent the lipstick from flaking off. It may make it sticky but it makes it stay on well. I got it in Pretty which is a pretty soft warm pink which is a great spring color. Best when used with a hydrating primer beforehand. I plan on getting more colors.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

These are pretty, pigmented and matte. They crack and look dry after an hour. I now use them with lipgloss and it looks great and still lasts long. I reapply gloss again after eating.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Dissapointed in the quality. I'm honestly shocked by the many good reviews elsewhere, i believed the hype. Bummed out because it dries and flakes too early. I exfoliate and apply lip balm but it still manages to dry and crack so quickly, it won't even last 10 minutes. Sucks because the colors are gorgeous! Good thing i bought just one. Not worth the money. :/

Popular Lips Products