MILANI Amore Matte Lip Creme

MILANI Amore Matte Lip Creme
Amore Matte Lip CremeMilani Amore Matte Lip Creams

3.2

Not tested on animals

Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Flavor (Aroma), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate. /- May Contain: , Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 6 Lake (CI 15859), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 (CI 45410), Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Great shade selection, amazing pigmentation and durability on the lips throughout the day. The major flaw with the product lies in it's dry down and texture. This is SO dry. But I mean SO SO DRY, continuous usage will be the death of my lips. And for almost $10... I can't justify it.
I even much prefer the $2 NiceFace liquid lipsticks from Wish, I love those.

Nice color selection, I got this in the color pretty, it was a nice, somewhat natural color, which is what I wanted, natural not too vivid. I liked the colors better than the wet & wild matte lipsticks, in my opinion the colors are a lot nicer than the wet & wild brand.
It stayed on well, I had to use baby oil to remove it, which is good.
It was very drying; I'm not sure if that's how all matte lipsticks are, I've only tried two different brands. I personally couldn't stand the feel of it on my lips & immediately had the urge to put on lip oil right after using it. But other than that I liked it.
I also liked how it came packaged in plastic over the top so you'd know if it had been used in the store/tried on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Got the shade adorable as a dupe for another liquid lip I tried and I couldn’t take the dry and flakeyness-which, mind you, was immediate. It didn’t really have a smell and I found the applicator difficult to use. Either way I’d recommend skipping if you have dry lips, as these will probably make them worse. The color was pretty, however the formula was poor. There’s better liquid lips out there.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lip color in Amore, it's amazing! The pigmentation is very good and the color is vidid. It lasts all day, better than other department store matte lips! I apply it in the morning and it stays on through the rest of the day. They are matte but not drying at all. I love these and at $8 each they are a steal. It's my favorite liquid lip color and also my favorite red.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really wanted to love this product, but it seemed like everything that could go wrong with a liquid-to-matte lipstick went wrong with the one I tried. It was way too thick, the applicator picked up too much product, yet somehow it still went on patchy. It also started flaking off as soon as it dried down. I know people love these, but they did not work for me at all. I tried to make it work several times, but something about this formula just did not mesh well with my lips or my chemistry or something.

I wanted to love this so bad... I've heard all kinds of hype surrounding these lipsticks and wanted to try them. I got the shade Loved at the store and when i first swatched it on my lips it was so beautiful so i wore it to work the next day. It stayed on for about 2 hours and then flaked off EVERYWHERE and left my top lip feeling very dry and irritated for two days afterwards. I tried just taking it off and reapplying but now when i use it it dries very quickly and shows every single crack and line in my lips. Very very very disappointing :(

I’d like to say liquid lipsticks are just not my thing - the drying texture, needing a mirror to reapply, I’d rather just reapply a matte lippie. These are pretty good for a liquid lipstick though, OPAQUE. I bought quite a few colors and must say if you are tan (I’m NC40) you HAVE to get Honey, Emotion and Obsession. I think the application needs a mirror because the application isn’t precise which makes retouching a hassle. I also don’t like how I can feel these on my lips but I think the reason I won’t repurchase i because they can be drying. After a meal, it looks like cracked lips- not a good look. If you really like a color/are into matte liquid lips, go for it! Now I use the deeper shades I have for special occasions, and it lasts a long time. But lipbalm is a must with these. But too much hassle for everyday wear!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am in love with these liquid lipsticks. I have them in the shades “loved” and “Fabulous”. “Loved” is more of a muted kind of red and I where that shade everyday and has become a staple in my makeup routine. “Fabulous” is a dark red I do not really like to where bold lip colors that much so I do not where this everyday, this shade kind of goes on streaky but with too coats it looks pretty good. I’m in love with the formula in dries down really fast and leaves a matte finish. I would definitely be purchasing this product again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I honestly can not believe that a lipstick like this can be bought for $7 in some places. I don't live in the US so I am not that lucky, but just knowing that some ladies buy it at that price boggles my mind. I can compare this lipstick, in terms of quality and formula, to Too Faced's Liquid Mattes, except those cost almost 3 times as much as the Milani. That is how good Milani's Amore is and it is hands down the best lipstick I have ever owned in terms of price-quality.

The formula is a bit runny but it is:
- super pigmented,
- easy to apply,
- dries down completely matte,
- feels super light on the lips,
- doesn't transfer,
- smells amazing and
- lasts up to 12 hours depending on how careful I am when eating and drinking.
Unbelievable.

The packaging is gorgeous, feels sturdy and looks expensive.
No two colors look the same or too much alike, so that's a great range too.

I am absolutely in love with these and consider them better than many more expensive lipsticks.

on 10/26/2017 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

okay. i DO like these, but tbh, i feel so much anxiety when wearing them that i honestly hardly ever do. to be fair i have two super dark shades (devotion + obsession) which means that they're naturally less forgiving in terms of wear, but the fact that it IS so conspicuous when they do wear coupled with the fact that they're so difficult to reapply directly over what product is leftover means that these are really not great for wearing virtually anywhere. if i leave my house, i am probably going to be eating somewhere in public at some point. or drinking at the very least. and these crumble so terribly on the inside of my mouth, even before i actually leave the house. :( to be perfectly fair these LLs were my foray into the world of liquid lipsticks, so i don't know if that's to be expected and liquid lipsticks just aren't my game, but i really dislike how high maintenance the two shades i picked up are. i do have some complementary shades in NYX's smlcs, so when i wear these liquid lipsticks from milani i touch up with the NYX because that formula is more hydrating and far less likely to cake up and crumble on my inner lip. that's been working for me so far, but maybe i just need to spend more time playing with the formula, moisturizing beforehand, applying thinner layers etc. i do hope i can get better results in the future.

onto some good things about these LLs! they are true liquid lipsticks yall. go on wet but dry in seconds flat. i love how they make my lips look, matte products make my lips look so much fuller and these achieve that result best of any matte lip products i currently own. the applicator is really nice and flexible, the doe foot is actually long and flat which i prefer for this type of lip product. also, the two colors i have as i mentioned before are quite dark, and yet, they are not streaky in the slightest!! they do seem to be pretty good quality and i'm inclined to believe that my negative experiences have more to do with the fact that i'm simply not used to wearing liquid lipsticks.

overall, i don't mind these and there are enough positives about the product that make me want to try to figure them out lol. i think the lighter shades would probably be totally fine and i'd really like to try a few of them one of these days. but for, what, $12 a pop...i will wait until i have first figured out how to wear these without hating myself 2 hours later hahaha