Essence The Gel Nail Polish

No Image

on 6/16/2018 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought the base coat and the top coat, and this polish lasted all of one day--I wasn't washing dishes or working in the yard, so I don't know why the staying power was so atrocious

on 4/29/2018 3:29:00 AM

For the price point this is one of the best np, catrice is great too. The np brush is easy to work with , thick formular ( except for the lighter shades which are more patchy ) , lasts okay . Wish they had more shades

I was intrigued by these nail-polishes as my hair-dresser uses them and they look amazing on her. However, she is very good at applying make-up etc whereas I am rather clumsy. I found the consistency too thick and really struggled to apply it nicely. It looked horrible on me, however if you are good with application you might like it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The nail polish range is great. Doesn't last as long on my nails because I work with my hands alot but with a top coat it lasts longer. But on my toes - it just sticks. I change it every week just because I get tired of the colour. Good product and good price. And amazing colour range

on 3/17/2018 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Chips easily and gets clumpy in the bottle. The brush is too wide.

on 8/4/2017 9:34:00 PM

These polishes are amazing, especially for the price point. I really like the flat, wide brush. It's easier to use than the Essie one, and the formula for these polishes never leave me with bubbles unlike Essie.

The coloured polishes are terrific, but the real standout here is the gel top coat. It dries fast, gives great shine, and prevents chipping for at least a week.

on 6/20/2017 5:38:00 PM

Contrary to some/many other reviewers, I quite like the brush. I prefer wide brushes to thinner ones, and this one is no exception, and I find it easy to work with. Essence gel polishes perform equally well, if not better, than most of the expensive polishes. The colour range is rather limited, but if you manage to find a colour you like, it is definitely worth trying. The design of the bottle is not impressive, but the polish itself is really very good. Excellent value for money.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Disagree with previous reviewer that said they chip - I have several of these and I find they last phenomenally well.

I pair with the essence nail hardener base coat and a top coat - I'm using Essie at the moment but the gel top coat from essence is brilliant too.

These products together I can easily get 5 days wear with these. Love them. They do tend to go gloopy quite quickly but I've experienced this with all 'gel but not gel' type polishes - that includes Essie, Sally Hansen and Nails Inc. For the price I'd rather just buy the same colour a couple of times than spend the price of four of these polishes on one high end one.

on 3/14/2017 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

If you are looking for a colour you don't think you'll use every day, this one is the way to go. If you want to use it a lot, you might want to look in to more expensive brands (Essie, Ciate, Sally Hansen) since these tend to chip pretty quickly. But looking for that neon pink or greyish blue (whatever floats your boat man), hell yeah, go for it. I'm there right behind you.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love finding products that work and don't break the bank. Essence's The Gel Nail Polish fits into that category.
I've bought high end polishes in the past and they weren't bad but not worth the extra money in my opinion.

The brush is rather thick and it's easy to get polish on the sides of your nails so if you're particular about this, take note. The formula is also on the thicker side too.
One coat gives me great coverage and colour. I usually apply two coats of polish regardless.

I bought #80 Jeans On which is a blue/grey shade and it has worn very well. (I used Essence's gel top coat) Polishes usually start chipping on me after 5 days and this is no exception.
Overall, I'm impressed with the quality of the polish and I highly recommend them.

Popular Polishes