Essence The Gel Nail Polish

Essence The Gel Nail Polish

4.1

on 8/4/2017 9:34:00 PM

These polishes are amazing, especially for the price point. I really like the flat, wide brush. It's easier to use than the Essie one, and the formula for these polishes never leave me with bubbles unlike Essie.

The coloured polishes are terrific, but the real standout here is the gel top coat. It dries fast, gives great shine, and prevents chipping for at least a week.

on 6/20/2017 5:38:00 PM

Contrary to some/many other reviewers, I quite like the brush. I prefer wide brushes to thinner ones, and this one is no exception, and I find it easy to work with. Essence gel polishes perform equally well, if not better, than most of the expensive polishes. The colour range is rather limited, but if you manage to find a colour you like, it is definitely worth trying. The design of the bottle is not impressive, but the polish itself is really very good. Excellent value for money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love finding products that work and don't break the bank. Essence's The Gel Nail Polish fits into that category.
I've bought high end polishes in the past and they weren't bad but not worth the extra money in my opinion.

The brush is rather thick and it's easy to get polish on the sides of your nails so if you're particular about this, take note. The formula is also on the thicker side too.
One coat gives me great coverage and colour. I usually apply two coats of polish regardless.

I bought #80 Jeans On which is a blue/grey shade and it has worn very well. (I used Essence's gel top coat) Polishes usually start chipping on me after 5 days and this is no exception.
Overall, I'm impressed with the quality of the polish and I highly recommend them.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Disagree with previous reviewer that said they chip - I have several of these and I find they last phenomenally well.

I pair with the essence nail hardener base coat and a top coat - I'm using Essie at the moment but the gel top coat from essence is brilliant too.

These products together I can easily get 5 days wear with these. Love them. They do tend to go gloopy quite quickly but I've experienced this with all 'gel but not gel' type polishes - that includes Essie, Sally Hansen and Nails Inc. For the price I'd rather just buy the same colour a couple of times than spend the price of four of these polishes on one high end one.

on 2/10/2017 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

It's a very very very ok naipolish.....
They are cheap and have a wide colour range, also if you like wide brushes this is also a plus to buy those nailpolishes. The staying power is avarage, but the main issue with these is that you need at least two coats and they need soooo long to dry on your nails! Way too long! I had to throw mine after some months away because the dried up. I would (maybe) recommended it to you If you a nailpolish junkie (like I was it the past) and you want to have as many colours as possible, but I limited my collection to fewer but quality higher nailpolishes.

on 3/14/2017 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

If you are looking for a colour you don't think you'll use every day, this one is the way to go. If you want to use it a lot, you might want to look in to more expensive brands (Essie, Ciate, Sally Hansen) since these tend to chip pretty quickly. But looking for that neon pink or greyish blue (whatever floats your boat man), hell yeah, go for it. I'm there right behind you.

on 1/14/2017 8:03:00 PM

Funny how I had snubbed this brand for so long until I tried a blush from my daughter in a pinch and decided to give it another look-see.
I really have been enjoying this nail polish for $1.99. I had been just using it alone with a nail bonder and have had good luck with it when it comes to longevity - about a week. Doesn't dry out my nails either. Dries vast, two coats have been sufficient for me. I went to buy another color and, silly me, learned there's a top and bottom coat to this product, so I splurged and will see how that goes. Good range of colors I think, and best of all, no animal testing.

on 1/10/2017 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I apply this on bare nails or with a Sally Hansen base coat, and I use the Essence gel top coat, but it chips easily. I'm not sure if it's my lifestyle: washing dishes, washing my hands very frequently, cleaning, so I can't blame the product by itself.
The range color it's amazing. It dries faster like normal polishes and the brush it's very easy to work with.
I will repurchase because I'm on a budget and it's not a bad nail polish, but if you can buy something more expensive and with better quality do it.

The formula of this polish is great considering its so inexpensive. I only apply two coats of this and the colour looks opaque without any streaks. However, I hate the brush applicator, it is way too big for my nails and it is practically impossible not to end up with polish around my nails. If they would change the brush, this would be a five star nail polish.

Lovely product for the price, similar to Barry M's gel nail varnishes but much cheaper.
Great range of colours available and gives a nice finish, fairly long lasting, doesn't chip too easily. Takes quite a while to dry but that's expected from a gel varnish. Great quality for under £2.

Popular Polishes