essence The Gel Nail Polish

essence The Gel Nail Polish

on 11/8/2018 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I heard this polish well-hyped up so I purchased the lightest beige color "Dream On" along with the brands' base and top coat. I did not find that this polish lasted very long at all. Mine chipped in 2 days. The polish is extremely goopy: it is unpleasant, thick, and somehow chunky before I get to the final nail on one hand. I'm not sure how it dries out that fast, but I am reminded it is not worth any perceived "good for the price" value as it stands. As it stands I would not venture out into trying any of their other colors.

on 8/22/2018 10:59:00 AM

I like this better than Essie. Applies beautifully, good coverage and lasts days without chipping. Wish there were more colors but am loving 'Rock My World', a deep grey.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using this brand for a few years now along with regular gel polish as a comparison. I also use Essence The Gel Top coat and their Base Coat in conjunction. I'm thoroughly pleased with this product. One lippie off because one of the brushes fell off into the bottle-could be a fluke tho; and after some time-maybe a year, they sometimes do thicken and become gloppy. Other than that, cost is minimal, selection of colors is great, brush application is excellent, no bubbling and my manicures last at least a week, perhaps longer. I do use gloves when washing dishes to keep the manicure good and always hydrate my hands.
I like to decorate my nails with designs using sticky strips that I later take off after I've blended multi colors and I find this polish works excellently for that purpose. It seems to work best in decorating with a variety of colors for lasting versus a straight one color manicure. I've experimented with my UV lamp to see if that makes this polish last longer or work stronger-and it gives it a few more days. The final product looks like a gel finish without the work of a gel application. For those who enjoy decorating nails but don't want to use gel, yet want something a tad more lasting, this might be a choice for you. Also, I've noticed not to shake the bottle before I start, I just roll it gently between my palms for a minute or so to mix it well. That seems to keep it smoother for application. Lighter colors might need an additional coat, but that's to be expected. Smell is a normal nail polish odor. Would recommend definitely.

on 6/16/2018 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought the base coat and the top coat, and this polish lasted all of one day--I wasn't washing dishes or working in the yard, so I don't know why the staying power was so atrocious

on 4/29/2018 3:29:00 AM

For the price point this is one of the best np, catrice is great too. The np brush is easy to work with , thick formular ( except for the lighter shades which are more patchy ) , lasts okay . Wish they had more shades

I was intrigued by these nail-polishes as my hair-dresser uses them and they look amazing on her. However, she is very good at applying make-up etc whereas I am rather clumsy. I found the consistency too thick and really struggled to apply it nicely. It looked horrible on me, however if you are good with application you might like it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The nail polish range is great. Doesn't last as long on my nails because I work with my hands alot but with a top coat it lasts longer. But on my toes - it just sticks. I change it every week just because I get tired of the colour. Good product and good price. And amazing colour range

on 3/17/2018 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Chips easily and gets clumpy in the bottle. The brush is too wide.

on 8/4/2017 9:34:00 PM

These polishes are amazing, especially for the price point. I really like the flat, wide brush. It's easier to use than the Essie one, and the formula for these polishes never leave me with bubbles unlike Essie.

The coloured polishes are terrific, but the real standout here is the gel top coat. It dries fast, gives great shine, and prevents chipping for at least a week.

on 6/20/2017 5:38:00 PM

Contrary to some/many other reviewers, I quite like the brush. I prefer wide brushes to thinner ones, and this one is no exception, and I find it easy to work with. Essence gel polishes perform equally well, if not better, than most of the expensive polishes. The colour range is rather limited, but if you manage to find a colour you like, it is definitely worth trying. The design of the bottle is not impressive, but the polish itself is really very good. Excellent value for money.

Popular Polishes