Gucci Bamboo EDP

Gucci Bamboo EDP
Bamboo EDP

3.5

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It smells for masculine more like a cologne. Not very strong, but still sexy, mysterious and resort like.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in the travel sized special atomizer bottle (a bit bigger than the little spray bottle of 0.2oz for $33 this was 0.5oz for $39 much better deal). Ohhh the bottle is a beautiful unfortunately non refillable silver bottle tube that could make anyone proud to whip it out in public (I just got my first designer high end bag which is a pink Gucci what could be better than withdrawing a fancy silver tube proudly from your Gucci bag!??). This smells like a smooth woodsy creamy musk. The sandalwood is awesome in here. Smells like money. In a good way. No actually does smell like paper money. I happen to like that kind of thing. Money with Snuggle detergent. Like a freshly laundered legal tender $20 bill ran thru ur jeans by accident. And today's your lucky day!! :-)

on 5/26/2016 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Wearing it now, and I really like Bamboo. Recently gifted with a Gucci mini set, I dabbed on Bamboo EDP before bed one night. When I woke up the next morning, I smelled my hand and it smelled SO GOOD! Still quite strong -- the scent lasted well through the night.

Whoa, it smelled really good!!! I struggled to remember -- what IS that? What perfume did I put on last night? Mmm mmm! It was a soft, sensuous, floaty, warm, musky, skin scent -- just the kind I like (I love musks!) -- delicious!

Then I remembered -- Gucci Bamboo! Wow, when I tested it last summer at Dillard's, I had been disappointed and thought it was just light & boring & meh -- but it dries down fabulous!

Launched in 2015, an EDP in a gorgeous bottle -- here are the notes, from parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Bergamot
Heart Notes - Casablanca lily, Orange blossom, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes - Sandalwood, Tahitian vanilla, Ambergris

Bamboo dries down soft, smooooth, warm, musky -- almost creamily musky -- but it's *not* powdery. A skin scent. Very sensuous. Light, fresh, clean, warm, skin-musky (and I LOVE musks). It doesn't pop or punch or sparkle -- a minimalist, it keeps to itself -- yet it's very smellable and definitely there -- and this EDP can be quite strong, if you're not careful.

I'd put Bamboo in the same general ballpark as Calvin Klein Truth or Bulgari Omnia Crystalline -- a soft, fresh, smooooth, sensuous, floral-woody musk. For a soft scent, this EDP is strong & lasts very well. Serene, sophisticated, and quietly elegant -- it's a nice departure from the popular candy-sweets, fruity-florals, gourmands, and fruitchoulis.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Top Note: bergamot

Heart Notes: ylang-ylang, Casablanca lily, orange blossom

Base Notes: sandalwood, Tahitian vanilla, amber

This is a calm fragrance, fairly close to the skin. It's a little warm and sensual, like a flower floating lazily in a pond that's nestled snugly below and between wet bamboo trees.

It's almost aquatic, but it doesn't quite make it there, unlike the bold aquatic scents we're accustomed to, like Acqua di Gioia or Cool Water.

If you like Versace Crystal Noir or Bulgari Omnia Crystalline, you will probably like this.

on 6/4/2016 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is the first Gucci scent that has grabbed me. It smells absolutely divine on me and lasts the day. I find it perfect for spring/summer. At first sniff I thought nothing special, but I sprayed it on and the dry down is what is so unique and classy to me. I have been asked what scent I am wearing many times with this one. Love it..

this is such a strong and seductive fragrance, one spritz is good enough, u can apply Vaseline go where you'll spray your fragrance to make it last longer. I like to spray it either behind my knees or on my chest or back. I feel that as fragrance wears on the body, the scent will rise from the heat of your body. as strong as it is, it doesn't last all day :( as a bonus, guys love this scent, I've worn it on dates and they almost always ask what I'm wearing or tell me I smell good

on 11/27/2015 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am a total sucker for Italian bergamot. I can smell it in ANYTHING and I immediately need it. Well I actually regret it in this form because this perfume is pungent. It has such strong musky tones that stand out much more on me than the bergamot. Men love this fragrance though! My boyfriend loves it and so does my chiropractor (lol). When I wear this I MIGHT wear 2 spritzes. Never on my chest/wrists though.. I have to spray the back of my neck/hair and my lower legs/knees. Otherwise I die from the musk. It must be what my body chemistry pulls. Otherwise it's nice. I know how contradictory, but it's the truth. The price was high and the bottle is pretty. I wouldn't purchase again.. I doubt I'll even get through this bottle.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been so sick of the purfumes lately I usually wear original or 24k Michael Kors but wanted to switch it up. While on vacation I came across this Gucci Bamboo and it's so fresh and clean smelling! As other reviewers have said men definitely like this scent which is a huge plus! I'm kinda surprised about the low reviews on here but then again as my mom always reminds me everyone wears purfume differently due to our own body chemistry. For me I will definitely use this for a warm weather fragrance!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

If you want to get away from all the typical flower girly perfumes - i suggest this immediately! I have over 15 perfumes at any one time and this is in my top 6. It is not a floral perfume particularly, but don't let the name bamboo scare you away like it did at first for me! It contains notes of bergamotheart, casablanca lily and ylang ylang, (and what i think makes the perfume amazing) sandalwood. That sandalwood with the lily and bergamotheart makes it amazing. So sick of all the girly flower scents recently. This is just what i was looking for.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Gucci has been my favorite line of perfumes and colognes for over 30 years. I don't know what happened, but this fragrance is nasty. I got a gift set of Gucci for Christmas and they all smell fantastic but this one, which is beyond gross. I can't describe the scent but it does not smell good.

Popular Fragrances