4.2

price range

Reviews

3.0

3 months ago

Reviewing "On the Cusp" a gold champagne. Not so good applied with a dense brush. Goes on well with fingers. Not so blinding, more diffuse. Good dusted all over using one of those spiky synthetic bristle brushes, but nothing special. Price is low, but I prefer Maybelline to this formula and the packaging is a simple screw cap pot. And it's smaller so a big brush has issues. Good points, possibly a good substitute (not a dupe) for MAC "Soft and Gentle." Bad points, just not all that. Or as the current slang is today "I'm not living for it."

About reviewer (241 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

5 months ago

I have this highlighter in the shade Lunch Money. I'm an NC20 and this shade suits me well, and would also work in lighter skin tones, but I wouldn't reccomend it ir your skin is deeper than that, since it'll probably look ashy. This product is meant to be used with your fingers. You swirl your finger on this and then tap it onto your cheekbones and any area you want to highlight. Once applied, you can blend the edges with your fingers or with a beauty blender. I love this highlighter because it gives my skin a natural, dewy, healthy glow, without any chunky glitter. It's definitely buildable, though, and can be pretty intense if you like that, but it's nice because it gives almost a wet look, not glittery le powdery. The durability could be better. On my skin, it doesn't last all day. Eventually, it starts to move and fade. For a full glam, I don't think this is a good product, except to apply it under a powder highlighter to make it pop or last longer. But for everyday use, I think this is really nice!

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

7 months ago

I really liked using this -- I just chose the wrong colors! This highlighter's bouncy texture is certainly unique and fun to use. It's almost therapeutic swirling your finger around in the pan, and it definitely applies best with fingers (brushes and sponges just don't give the same effect). I've got two tiny little gripes, though: it does kind of accentuate large pores if you don't fill them in, and if you apply it over powder and focus too much on one area, it may lift what's underneath. But back to the colors! Stole the Show was too blindingly white and warm for me with too much visible glitter. Teasecake was more shimmery, really the perfect intensity that I wanted, but the peachy-pink color looked more like a blush on me. I'd hoped the shade would work better in the summer, but it just ended up looking out of place where I normally put highlighter. I think I'll repurchase a different shade someday when I've worn down my other highlighters.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

7 months ago

i have one in Flextarian. Really creamy and pretty. most of all, cheap!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

a year ago

I have "over the moon" which is a sparkly-lavender.. best applied with your fingers (if you don't have a setting brush at present, like me). It gives a glorious shimmer that lasts all day! I have just purchased another called "high five".. I'm sure hoping I won't be disappointed ;-)

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

a year ago

Shade: Flexitarian This gives me a nice lit within glow with no powderyness. I also love the creamy texture. There’s no glitter and it gives the skin a nice sheen. I like that I can apply it like a powder highlight with my Sigma F03 brush. It’s all I’ve been using since I got it!

About reviewer (118 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

a year ago

I have the shades Flexitarian, Over The Moon, Stole The Show and Counting Sheep. This highlighter is so stunning and glossy. It's quite blinding and doesn't emphasize texture. It melts into the skin beautifully. This product has a creamy formula and it's best applied by pressing it in with your finger (the brushes I've tried didn't pick up any product and removed the foundation). I would definitely recommend this.

About reviewer (192 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

a year ago

Fantastic! Got mine in the shade "Lunch Money" at Ulta for my pro kit. I used this on a bride recently and it worked BEAUTIFULLY as a body highlight for her decollete in a plunging gown. Very silky, but not greasy. Great pigmentation. Just dab a little anywhere you want to glow!

About reviewer (81 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

a year ago

For the price, these are just as functional as any high-budget highlighter out there. You really don’t need to splurge on the luxury brands. I own Smoke ‘n Whistles and Flexitarian and both are strikingly beautiful. Super creamy, endlessly buildable and the pots are completely packed to the brim with product. I’m extremely pale and pink-toned (Fair 10 in No Filter liquid foundation, for reference) and both shades bring soft, glowy flashes of pinky rose gold to help pull my entire face together. Flexitarian leans more ‘white gold’ and really shines alongside cool-toned or metallic eye looks. If I absolutely had to choose, I’d recommend Smoke ‘n Whistles for fellow pink-toned pale girls. It adds this gorgeous, doll-like reflective flush to the cheeks and Cupid’s bow that really makes your makeup really look special.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Other

a year ago

For the price-point this is a great highlighter. It is very easy to build up if you want more of a glow, but also easy to keep at a minimum. Some fallout, but nothing outrageous. I would 100% buy more highlighters from Colourpop.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29