Lime Crime Venus palette

Lime Crime Venus palette
Venus paletteVenus paletteVenus paletteVenus palette

4.4

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

The Venus palette contains eight powder eyeshadows, in shades inspired by Botticelli's classical painting crossed with 90s grunge; VENUS: Eggplant (velvet matte), SHELL: Opalescent shell-pink (glow), AURA: Golden ivory (glow), CREATION: Rust brown (matte), ICON: Dirt brown (matte pearl), REBIRTH: Nectarine (matte), DIVINE: Dusty stone (matte) and MUSE: Deep burgundy red (matte).

This is me in a palette; the theme, the shades picked and range of finishes represent my favourite and most-worn looks, so if I ever got to make an eyeshadow palette, something almost identical to the Venus palette is what I'd come up with. There are only eight shades in the palette, but the pricing is reasonable enough to excuse this, especially considering the awesome product quality. The powders are a pleasure to work with; they apply and blend like butter, don't fade over the course of the day [no primer] and I've never had any creasing.

I adore using the Venus palette, but I've been strict and made myself remove a lippie, because these types of shades and finishes aren't particularly unique nowadays. However as the product quality is so good and the pricing is reasonable, I still highly recommend that people who like wearing warmer shades pick up this palette.

on 11/16/2017 12:31:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my first ever eyeshadow palette and I’m very satisfied with it! All the shades look great either alone or used together. I’m still a beginner with eyeshadow but I find them easy to work with and they blend nicely.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A work of art! I don't make use of this palette nearly as much as I should. I got it off eBay & it didn't come for the longest time so he refunded me AND sent a brand new palette! Talk about A++++++ service! The palette packaging alone let alone what's inside is a work of art & the shades run reddish think Chanel candeur et experience for reference. Or ABH mod Ren. So many burgundy palettes out Mac's got a X9, kylie cosmetics et al. I'd buy the venus II but I'm a broke butt sistah so no buying this month shop my stash etc I love my stash very much but it needs a good organizing so I'll work on that & rediscover old treasures this palette looks awesome w like ev. velvetine I own like 9 or ten. Loving the red shades all the companies are coming out w/!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE this palette. It's definitely one of my favorites, and the gorgeous packaging only plays small role in that. The pigmentation is superb, they're very buttery and easy to bland. It does have some fallout but that's to be expected from shadows this pigmented. The color palette is beautiful. I really don't have anything negative to say about it. If I were to think of something it might be that I'm not a huge fan of of cardboard packaging as it gets a little dirty and the letters tend to rub off a bit.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I adore this palette. This was the first Lime Crime product I ever tried, and I am impressed. At the time this came out, not many companies were on the warm/orangey palette train yet, so I find it to be pretty unique and fun. I can get subtle daytime looks or more dramatic, grungey looks out of this palette, and I consider it very versatile. My favorite shade is absolutely Shell, it is so pretty on the lid or buffed out as a face highlight. I wish they'd make big blush-sized pans of this because I love it that much. All of the shadows are pigmented and blend phenomenally, and I think the quality is amazing for the price.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i have oily lids and these stay on well. they're buttery and perfectly pigmented. i often use these shades as face makeup (blush, highlight, contour) as well as on my eyes for a pretty monochromatic (-ish) look.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

A few weeks ago, I bought this as part of the Venus I & II bundle on the website--gave Venus II to a friend for her birthday and kept this first beauty for myself. The plan was originally to give HER Venus I while I would make use of Venus II because the latter's shade range appeared (in online swatches) to be more personally flattering/less overwhelming than the former, but said friend actually convinced me to swap! And oh man, am I glad that I did.

Like the other folks on this page have said, the colors are extremely vibrant, but not so vivid that you'd be cursing yourself if you accidentally deposited too much color on a particular spot on your eyelid--this complete eyeshadow newbie has managed to blend away her mistakes so far without too much trouble. The 2 shimmery shades in this palette ("shell" and "aura") are definitely overshadowed by the mattes, but it's nothing a little spritz from MAC Fix+ can't liven up.

I was mainly afraid that the reds/corals/pinks around my eyes would emphasize the chronic lack of sleep I get every night (har), but they just...don't. It's mind-boggling. Instead, they simply *pop* on my face (especially when I use either "muse" or "venus" on the lid) in a very striking, statement-making way. Definitely not a palette for neutral or 'soft' looks, but that's not why I ordered the Venuses anyway.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this palette during a sale and it's beautiful. I'm obsessed with corals and reds so this palette immediately appealed to me and the packaging is to die for (main reason I wanted it to be honest).

The shadows themselves seem to be good quality, very pigmented and soft and the only one I really noticed the fall out with was 'Aura' but I don't mind as it's such a stunning, glowy highlight shade. Fave shades include 'Aura', 'Venus', 'Muse' and 'Rebirth'.

In my opinion, 'Shell' is the only disappointing shade. Whilst it is pretty, it applies quite patchy so I really have to layer it on to get decent pay off. Most of the time I'll just grab Mac's 'Expensive Pink' and use that as the lid shade with the only colours in this palette.

on 1/11/2017 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought my palette bundle through Amazon. (Make sure that the purchase is fulfilled by Lime Crime, and not anyone else, to avoid getting a fake)
This was one of the best makeup purchase decisions I've made! The pigmentation is superb, the shadows are soft, easily blendable, in fact, they perform similarly to Anastasia's shadows. It's very easy to pick up a good amount of product on a soft synthetic brush, do a couple sweeps across the lid and you're done! There is some fallout, just like with any greatly pigmented soft shadow, that's why I always do my eyes first before foundation. The shimmers are so beautiful, even applied dry, they deposit a solid opaque layer of color. The mattes are very intense, opaque, smooth, not patchy or streaky.

Venus 1 is red toned, like Modern Renaissance, and has at least two awesome different transition shades, so you can make a variety of looks, even a cool toned one. Venus 2 is extremely versatile. I've done at least 8 different looks involving from 4 to 7 shades from the palette. It also has two duochrome shades, one is a classic form of blue- brown pigment, and another is this insane greenish yellowish golden shifty color, that I can't describe. I don't have any dupes for it, and never seen any like it. You need both palettes, don't be fooled by seeming weirdness of Venus 2, it's amazing!
And did you see the packaging? OMG! Work of art!

on 3/4/2017 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought the Venus palette bundle, this is a gorgeous palette. The packaging is adorable and the shades all work well together. Aura is extremely pigmented and such a beautiful reflective shadow. The other shades are all nice and fairly pigmented but sometimes need a bit of work to blend together nicely.