Lime Crime Venus eyeshadow palette

Lime Crime Venus eyeshadow palette
Venus eyeshadow paletteVenus eyeshadow paletteVenus eyeshadow paletteVenus eyeshadow palette

4.4

on 3/16/2018 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have both palettes (Venus I and II)...and i love them. I feel the colors are wearable and have great staying power...

I love this so much more than Anastasia's Modern Renaissance. Both are supposed to be inspired by art, but Lime Crime did a better job. The corals and reds in this one are from Botticelli's Venus Rising. They make my eyes look beautiful and awake. When I wear Modern Renaissance, I look sick or dead. Lime Crime's shadows are very pigmented and I don't have any trouble working with them. I use Wet 'n Wild eye primer with all my palettes. The only thing I don't like is the cardboard but Modern Renaissance is in cardboard, too. I like sturdier packaging. That is my only complaint. Great palette. Tempted to buy the sequel.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The Venus palette contains eight powder eyeshadows, in shades inspired by Botticelli's classical painting crossed with 90s grunge; VENUS: Eggplant (velvet matte), SHELL: Opalescent shell-pink (glow), AURA: Golden ivory (glow), CREATION: Rust brown (matte), ICON: Dirt brown (matte pearl), REBIRTH: Nectarine (matte), DIVINE: Dusty stone (matte) and MUSE: Deep burgundy red (matte).

This is me in a palette; the theme, the shades picked and range of finishes represent my favourite and most-worn looks, so if I ever got to make an eyeshadow palette, something almost identical to the Venus palette is what I'd come up with. There are only eight shades in the palette, but the pricing is reasonable enough to excuse this, especially considering the awesome product quality. The powders are a pleasure to work with; they apply and blend like butter, don't fade over the course of the day [no primer] and I've never had any creasing.

I adore using the Venus palette, but I've been strict and made myself remove a lippie, because these types of shades and finishes aren't particularly unique nowadays. However as the product quality is so good and the pricing is reasonable, I still highly recommend that people who like wearing warmer shades pick up this palette.

on 11/16/2017 12:31:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my first ever eyeshadow palette and I’m very satisfied with it! All the shades look great either alone or used together. I’m still a beginner with eyeshadow but I find them easy to work with and they blend nicely.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE this palette. It's definitely one of my favorites, and the gorgeous packaging only plays small role in that. The pigmentation is superb, they're very buttery and easy to bland. It does have some fallout but that's to be expected from shadows this pigmented. The color palette is beautiful. I really don't have anything negative to say about it. If I were to think of something it might be that I'm not a huge fan of of cardboard packaging as it gets a little dirty and the letters tend to rub off a bit.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i have oily lids and these stay on well. they're buttery and perfectly pigmented. i often use these shades as face makeup (blush, highlight, contour) as well as on my eyes for a pretty monochromatic (-ish) look.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I adore this palette. This was the first Lime Crime product I ever tried, and I am impressed. At the time this came out, not many companies were on the warm/orangey palette train yet, so I find it to be pretty unique and fun. I can get subtle daytime looks or more dramatic, grungey looks out of this palette, and I consider it very versatile. My favorite shade is absolutely Shell, it is so pretty on the lid or buffed out as a face highlight. I wish they'd make big blush-sized pans of this because I love it that much. All of the shadows are pigmented and blend phenomenally, and I think the quality is amazing for the price.

A work of art! I don't make use of this palette nearly as much as I should. I got it off eBay & it didn't come for the longest time so he refunded me AND sent a brand new palette! Talk about A++++++ service! The palette packaging alone let alone what's inside is a work of art & the shades run reddish think Chanel candeur et experience for reference. Or ABH mod Ren. So many burgundy palettes out Mac's got a X9, kylie cosmetics et al. I'd buy the venus II but I'm a broke butt sistah so no buying this month shop my stash etc I love my stash very much but it needs a good organizing so I'll work on that & rediscover old treasures this palette looks awesome w like ev. velvetine I own like 9 or ten. Loving the red shades all the companies are coming out w/!!

on 3/4/2017 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought the Venus palette bundle, this is a gorgeous palette. The packaging is adorable and the shades all work well together. Aura is extremely pigmented and such a beautiful reflective shadow. The other shades are all nice and fairly pigmented but sometimes need a bit of work to blend together nicely.

on 1/11/2017 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought my palette bundle through Amazon. (Make sure that the purchase is fulfilled by Lime Crime, and not anyone else, to avoid getting a fake)
This was one of the best makeup purchase decisions I've made! The pigmentation is superb, the shadows are soft, easily blendable, in fact, they perform similarly to Anastasia's shadows. It's very easy to pick up a good amount of product on a soft synthetic brush, do a couple sweeps across the lid and you're done! There is some fallout, just like with any greatly pigmented soft shadow, that's why I always do my eyes first before foundation. The shimmers are so beautiful, even applied dry, they deposit a solid opaque layer of color. The mattes are very intense, opaque, smooth, not patchy or streaky.

Venus 1 is red toned, like Modern Renaissance, and has at least two awesome different transition shades, so you can make a variety of looks, even a cool toned one. Venus 2 is extremely versatile. I've done at least 8 different looks involving from 4 to 7 shades from the palette. It also has two duochrome shades, one is a classic form of blue- brown pigment, and another is this insane greenish yellowish golden shifty color, that I can't describe. I don't have any dupes for it, and never seen any like it. You need both palettes, don't be fooled by seeming weirdness of Venus 2, it's amazing!
And did you see the packaging? OMG! Work of art!