Aromaleigh Pure Rouge [DISCONTINUED]

4.8

on 11/2/2008 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love these blushes!
So far I've tried Romance After Dusk, Verve, Epitome, Glazed, and Pixie. The shade descriptions on the website are true to how the shades look on my skin. I love how easily the blushes blend on me.

on 5/29/2008 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This is an excellent line of mineral blushes! There is a huge selection of colors, warm and cool, light and dark, a little something for everyone!

I've always had a hard time finding blushes that looked good on my pale, peachy-warm skintone. Most brands would only carry one or two blushes light enough for me, and it was usually an unflattering cool pink. But I have several Pure Rouges that look great on me!

Nectar is my all-time favorite blush, it's just the perfect color for me! I actually find it quite similar to the discontinued Milani Luminous (which is supposedly similar to Nars Orgasm, though I've never tried Nars). This difference is that Nectar does not have the gold shimmer that Luminous had, which IMO makes Nectar even better! Nectar just has a very subtle shimmer that's about the same color as the peachy-pink base.

Aromaleigh claims that Verve is similar to Orgasm but I don't really think it is, Verve seems too reddish to me. However, Verve is a lovely color in its own right -- since it's a bit dark for me, I wear it under my mineral foundation or I layer Pure Rouge in Innocence over the top to tone it down. (Innocence is a pale peach with more shimmer than most of the Pure Rouges.)

Epitome, Glazed, and Ambrosia are great peachy colors for warm skin.

Cashmere and Myrtle are two pinkish colors that are surprisingly wearable on my warm skin! Rosette isn't too bad either.

Prices are reasonable -- start with samples, which are very generous and will last you a long time! If you like a color, a Mini size is really all you need (unless you wear the same color every day). You can also wait for them to go on sale for 25% off!

on 1/9/2008 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Before Aromaleigh i never left the house with blush on because it would always look awful on me no matter what color i chose...i tried pure blush in pink, peach, and rosewood and they looked wonderful i am considering buying full sizes but tried out their new gothic lolita line of rouges in Dolly and it is such a lovely pink makes you really look like a dolly, i get compliments whenever i wear this blush, this blush is highly pigmented so it took me a couple tries to get it too look good and the easiest way was to use it was to apply it with a fiber optics brush and build up the perfect color on my cheeks, they sell the fiber optics brush for around $5 on ebay, and this brush helps takes the guess work out of applying blushes, i'm not sure if it was this brush that makes the blush looks so good or if its Aromaleighs rouges...i'm just happy i can wear blush now...i highly recommend Dolly if you would like a youthful girly look'

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is the first powder rouge I have ever found that looks as good as a gel or creme! The powder just melts into your skin, so you just see color, not powderyness.

I bought this in the Pomegranite, and it just may be my HG color. Even though I'm very pale, I look best in a bright blush. This one is vibrant without looking clownish.

I prefer this product to the Pure Blush, because it looks the same when you put it on as it will later. It doesn't darken or oxidize.

I'm not a big fan of the shaker jars, but that's pretty much what you get with mineral makeup.

on 8/27/2007 7:15:00 AM

I have found my HG blushes..plural! I could never find colors that looked right, most turn bright pink/purple/orange on me and I had to settle for blah nuetrals. Aromaleigh pure rouges go on sheer, look great, have just enough shimmer to 'glow' and the color is buildable. I can't wait to try more. The color descriptions are really helpful on the site because I wouldn't have tried any of these otherwise (they look pink/light etc.) but when I put them on, perfect! I have sensitive, cystic-acne prone skin and these have never caused a break out or any other problems. (I'm a 2W/2WL with a bit of 3W when I have a little more color).

I have Aromaleigh full size Pure Rouge in Verve. This is their "copy cat" look to NARS Orgasm, and I have to say it is a gorgeous color. One of my signature blushes, and I would not hesitate to buy additional blushes from them as they have an extensive range of shades to suit anyone. Thumbs way up!

on 11/5/2005 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hands down the most beautiful blushes ever with tremendous staying power. The Pure Rouge blushes are HIGHLY pigmented so apply with a light hand. I've found that a contour brush provides better control over application than a fan brush or a regular blush brush. Pure Rouge has a silky matte finish with varying degrees of subtle shimmer. My favorite colors are Verita and Myrtle. Both are equally flattering with my coloring: 2Y/2W with black hair and eyes. I'm still working on my samples 9 months later! Of course, I don't wear blush everyday and I have lots of other blushes that I use but a little really does go a long way. My only complaint with Pure Rouge, as well as mineral make-up in general, is how messy they are especially when traveling.

on 7/10/2005 10:25:00 PM

I love the color that this gives! Usually I have a hard time getting blush to show up, but this takes very little to get the job done. The amount given lasts forever!! I have only tried Sable. My mother and grandmother both use it too. It's a great color if you are a 2N or 2W with dark hair and dark eyes.

I'm not a fan of shimmery make-up but Aromaleigh has completely won me over. Most of the Pure Rouge blushes have varying degrees of shimmer but my two favorite shades, Buff and Verita, have just a hint of shimmer. I personally prefer shimmer to luster or iridescence, which are also well-represented in the Pure Rouge line. These blushes are highly pigmented so use a light hand and blend, blend, blend! I also love how versatile mineral make-up is--mix a little powder blush with my favorite moisturizer and I have a cream blush.

Despite my moniker "MineralLover" I am not fond of mineral foundations because they dehydrate my skin. But used over another foundation, I absolutely love the glow I obtain from the Aromaleigh Pure Rouge line. I have rosacea and use a green primer on my cheeks to correct for the redness. So the last thing I need to is recreate that rosacea red or draw attention to broken capillaries. The Pure Rouges in Candy, Nectar or Innocence, used with a very light hand, impart a glorious glow that's never harsh or shiny. The very fine irridescence is subtle and youthful on any age skin. Sample sizes are generous and you can get a lot of mileage from a single sample. These rouges work as highlighters as well. They are very finely milled and do not emphasize pores. Even if you have a favorite blush in a different line, layer on one of these rouges for a glorious glow.