Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Champagne Pop

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Champagne Pop

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I held off for a long time before buying another highlighter because I have so many already, HE and drugstore. I finally caved and so glad I did! I am NC25 with yellow undertones (Asian) and this highlighter gives me a gorgeous warm glow. After applying bronzer, I apply this on the top of my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose, and cupid's bow. I get the most beautiful subtle sun-kissed glow. If you like slightly warm/peach toned highlighters, give this a try. The only negative is that it shatters very easily. I accidentally dropped it on my bathroom counter from about 12 inches high and it completely shattered! I used alcohol to repack it into the compact but it didn't work very well. I ended up buying another compact.

This is a beautiful highlight that I use all the time. I even use it on my lids for a light wash of illumination. The shade is so pretty! About me NW20, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones for reference. This h/l suits me perfectly. I love the formula it's very soft and buttery. Plus I like the peach undertone it goes very well with my skin. I own a total of 4 Becca highlighters and I think it's my favorite brand to use when I want illumination on my face. This makes me look glowy not like a disco ball. The formula itself is very soft it could easily break so I try to keep them at home. I have traveled with them I'm just super careful. I would and will buy more shades this will last forever you get a lot for the price so I wonder how long this h/l will last since you get so much for the $$. Love this product! Recommended.

on 6/20/2017 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

A little goes a long way! I recommend applying with a soft fan brush and building up if going for a strong strobe, as it tends to emphasize pores if overdone but can be very natural on light-med skin. Delightfully luxurious and it will never run outbat this rate, feels like I haven't made a dent after 2 years. It has usurped Mary lou-maniser as my favourite powder highlighter but realistically if you own Becca Opal there's not a great deal of difference when applied, both are equally flattering on my NC25 skin. Surprisingly sturdy as I've travelled around the world with it thrown in suitcases and handbags but hasn't so much as flaked, yet product picks up easily on fingers and brush. If you're looking to splurge on a high end powder highlight, consider this. I

on 8/18/2017 6:36:00 AM

I really don't understand the hype! After hearing about this highlighter for years, how good it's supposed to be and suitable for all skin tones I finally tried it when Becca came out with the Collectors edition. I thought the packaging was beautiful and maybe that's my turn to finally buy it. The Price is high though. I'm willing to pay for good quality and if I really love something and it'll last me a good amount of time I'm willing to pay a higher price. But why is everybody so obsessed with this highlighter? First of all it looked soooo gold on my light-medium complexion. It was so obvious that I wore highlighter and I applied it with a very light hand. It was too shimmery for my liking and just looked weird. To be honest I also hesitated to buy it because I'm really not a fan of all those brands collaborating with YouTubers and Bloggers. I don't watch Jaclyn Hills videos but I thought if everybody and their mother likes it I would, too. Fortunately I could give it to a friend who really likes it, but for me it was a big no-no.

on 7/30/2017 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm probably the only person in the world who is not that crazy over champagne pop; the formula is blinding and the powder is so finely milled and does not look chunky or glittery at all. A little really goes a long way and it's layerable; it does emphasize skin texture but most highlighters do. I prefer opal or proseco pop over this because I feel that gold toned highlighters complement my medium yellow-toned skin; the color itself doesn't look very different from other highlighters such as the lighter shades from abh sundipped tbh. The shades look different when swatched but very similar once applied to the cheeks; if you wore champagne pop and another light highlighter on the cheek, no one would look twice. The packaging is luxurious and unique but it does get a little messy on the inside due to fallout; overall, this is pretty but I wouldn't repurchase since abh's formula and colors are very similar.

on 8/20/2017 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

For reference, I am a MAC NC30 with strong yellow undertones. I have normal but acne-prone and sensitive skin.

I like this highlighter but I'm not in love with it. It definitely gives that Instagram glow which is something that I've never experienced before with any highlighter I've bought previously. It's very intense so if you're not into a super intense highlight, it's best to use a fan brush and a light hand. I'm not rating it a 5 because it emphasizes skin texture and seems to fade really quickly at least on my skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I loooooove this!!!!! Last forever & such a beautiful color.

on 4/22/2017 7:09:00 AM

Such great pigment! You can tell it's high end. Everything from the packaging to the luxurious formula. Creates a beautiful warm glow. Brushes pick it up so nicely (and I even used a cheap Wet N Wild brush to apply, and it was amazing). A little goes a long way though...don't apply too much if you don't want to glow!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Did not like this on my skin tone whatsoever.... also, the pan is SO DELICATE!!! I bought this in Sephora on a trip to NYC. (No BECCA where I live.) It broke on the way home. But, I heard that SEPHORA gives refunds to broken products. So without swatching it, (I only opened it, saw the crack, brought it back) Then, my next Champagne Pop was again broken. All that I did was put it on the counter! PUT IT ON THE COUNTER! Ugh,,, and BECCA's Pearl highlighter would suit me so well, but the packaging or powder just is too delicate! Very annoyed at BECCA!!!

on 6/19/2017 11:12:00 PM

This product is great for highlighting, but make sure you get the shade with the right undertone. If not, you can end up with a greyish hue. The finish of the product is quite a nice, obvious highlight.

However, when I tried this product on others with darker skin tones/skin types, the highlighter ended up looking patchy. How I fixed this was used a creamy illuminator first on their cheekbones and then applying the highlighter. You can use this method to also make the highlighter pop more.

I know this is an high end product, which is why it is pricey. However, because of the current trend of highlighters, a lot more drug store brands are producing good quality highlighters (e.g Revlon). So I would probably have a look to see if I could find a comparable drug store highlighter before repurchasing BECCA's again.