Maybelline New York City Shimmers Brighten Up Base in Bare Shimmer

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Eyes: Violet

I just picked this up from a display of the Fairy Pretty collection at Wal-Mart. It's great for creating a multitude of looks. Although using it all over the face may be a bit much for a conservative/natural look, it can also be used as a subtle spot highlighter. It has a bit of color to it, but it seems to be sheer enough to work with many skintones- it looks great on my PPP skin. It does seem to have very tiny microglitter in it (hardly noticable at all), so I try to avoid using it on my nose. All-in-all, I like using this over foundation to create a great, glowing look!

on 12/14/2002 9:09:00 PM

This is a great & cheap liquid highligher to wear under or over foundation (or even alone if you don't need foundation). It comes in 3-4 colors that I saw at the store when I purchased it -- Bare Shimmer (the one I bought), Champagne-something, and Pink-something (I was in a bit of a rush and didn't remember the names exactly). I prefer this much more than the Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator -- the Maybelline is lighter and not greasy at all. It provides a nice subtle shimmer without glitter. Very pretty!