Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation

Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation
Ultra HD FoundationUltra HD Foundation

3.3

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), PEG-10 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlhexanoate, Talc, Mica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Propanediol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sucrose Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Alumina, Cyclohexasiloxane, Proplene Carbonate, Pentylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Glyercin, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tin Oxide, BHT, Tocopherol [ /- CI 19140 (Yellow, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarine), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Oxide)].

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Finish - Natural. Neither too dewy nor matte. It definitely blends well and looks very beautiful.

Coverage- Light-Medium. This would not completely cover acne/hyperpigmentation and dark scars but gives enough of a coverage to even out skin tone and moderately cover acne.

Staying Power- poor. By the end of my 8 hour work-day, this foundation had just faded off my skin, even with a primer underneath. I don't have especially oily skin either. I have combination skin (oily in the t-zone, leans towards dry everywhere else).

Good on acne-prone skin: This foundation didn't break me out or irritate my skin.

Because of the poor staying power, I would not repurchase. I actually just ended up returning mine to Sephora because I found it just too average of a foundation for its hefty price.

on 10/15/2017 3:49:00 PM

I have used this for three weeks now. This is a really incredible foundation. When I have it on, it looks so natural that I cannot tell I'm wearing foundation, and it makes my skin look perfect and gives it a healthy glow, nothing over the top but just gorgeous and subtle. On top of that it has great lasting power, it lasts all day on my skin and I don't need to put on more during the day. It doesn't cling to dry patches or go oily. I have dry and sensitive skin, a little bit dull at times, but this makes my skin glow. This is really a fantastic foundation, and I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 10/7/2017 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I rotate between 10 foundations as I'm one of the biggest foundation junkies I know, but I've noticed recently I reach for this more than any other. For me, this is fail proof. It never breaks me out, it looks like flawless satin on my skin, and nothing looks as good as this 14 hours after I put it on. I can trust it to last and look flawless for 14+ hours. It's also the best for photography (which is what it was designed for).

I buff Hourglass luminous light on top to finish and I'm set!

on 10/10/2017 4:04:00 PM

This foundation is not bad but considering the price, one can find much better. I think its good dry skin as it does not dry the skin, regarding the coverage, does not do enough for me.

on 9/21/2017 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My mom tried it and liked it at first due to the natural finish. She got a second bottle but this time the formulation seems way too watery. It's really expensive considering what it does. I have to use two pumps at least for a basic coverage so not only it's expensive but you have to use double of the amount. ( most foundations I only need one pump) Mom uses it only a dozen times a year when she needs to take pictures ( cuz it has no sunscreen) . For now we use it but we are looking for a better foundation that gives us more value. This is not for everyday use. We use the Korean BB creams as they are way more affordable, you get sun protection and a nice sooth finish

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION AND IT IS MY HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION! It is part of my everyday routine and I simply cannot live without it. I don't mind paying $42 for this product because I definitely see results out of it.

This foundation lives up to its name. It's ultra HD formula looks amazing in pictures with a healthy, natural finish. I either apply with my fingers or with a beauty blender. I love how it's buildable so I tap a little bit on my acne spots with this foundation and it virtually disappears without making my skin look cakey or thick. It's a nice lightweight formula that feels like a second skin and the color match is spot on. It doesn't oxidize and is pure perfection.

Just a tip: make sure to follow the instructions and shake the bottle. The pigments are so fine that it tends to sit on bottom. Without shaking, it can come out a different color. Shaking it just makes the foundation come out perfectly.

MAKEUP FOREVER has outdone itself with this foundation. I am definitely IN LOVE with this foundation.

on 9/19/2017 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation. I did not try the original formula (Make Up For Ever HD) so cannot compare, but the formula of the Ultra HD is great. It is a fairly thin consistency but gives medium but buildable coverage. I have normal skin which can become dry and dehydrated. I find that the finish of this foundation is satin however borders on dewy. I dust MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in my t-zone to eliminate any shine. I don't have an oily skin type however those who do may find they need to powder throughout the day with this foundation as it can begin to look slightly shiny if I skip powder. For reference, I am NC20 and like shades Y245 or Y245. This is my go-to foundation for when I want something reliable and to last throughout the day. It lasts extremely well on the skin and looks pretty much the same when I remove it of an evening.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried countless foundations for the past 5 month's now and i didn't seem to really love anything.... until i tried this again. Years ago i used this foundation, but never repurchased it because i didn't love it enough. But thats totally changed!!!! I have been using this for almost a month now, and I love it!!!!! I swear it last's allll day on my skin, its not super heavy, it has just the right amount of coverage however is build able and it doesn't make my skin oily... i honestly think it controls oil super well actually. Over all, this is a foundation that i can wear all day, and not be wondering if i need to re touch or make sure that my skin look's okay still. I love this so much :) highly recommend. The price is a tad expensive, but in my opinion it's worth it.

This may not be my HG foundation, but it is the foundation I've gotten the most compliments on. This foundation is a great medium coverage, but you can sheer it out or build it up depending on your preference. A lot of foundations look obviously like you're wearing foundation, but this just looks like a better version of your skin. I have dry skin, and it doesn't cling to dry patches at all. I've also got a bit of a mustache (one of the less painful but more annoying side effects of PCOS) and unlike a lot of foundations, when I don't wax, it doesn't cling to and emphasize it.

on 9/9/2017 10:40:00 PM

Somehow a cheap drugstore foundation from several decades ago found its way into a fancy bottle where it was sold as a high end product from France. If you want a dreary pink-toned, dull finish to your complexion, this is the product for you. If you want to spend countless extra time trying to smooth it on with a wide range of brushes and sponges so that it will provide some semblance of coverage, then again, run out and buy some right away.