Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation

Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation
Ultra HD FoundationUltra HD Foundation

3.3

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), PEG-10 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlhexanoate, Talc, Mica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Propanediol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sucrose Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Alumina, Cyclohexasiloxane, Proplene Carbonate, Pentylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Glyercin, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tin Oxide, BHT, Tocopherol [ /- CI 19140 (Yellow, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarine), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Oxide)].

I've seen and heard alot of good things about this foundation, so I decided to give it a try. What would I say? Not only is it overhyped, it's actually fucking bad. Well, at least for me.

I have a medium to light neutral-warmish skin. I have to agree with everything with what harmony10 has said (you can read her review a few posts below), the colour selections are either too pale for cool shades, or too ashy and yellow for warm shades. I was really excited when I first discovered the huge range of colour selections but none of them seemed to work for me.

I tried really hard to like it initially given the price I have paid for, tried many different ways to apply this foundation, but nothing worked. It looked so blendable and beautiful when I first swatched it on my hand but when applied on my face, the finish looked so off and unhealthy. Yes, deadly is the word to describe the finish. I looked like as if I have malnutrition problem. It also accentuates textures, despite prepping with a mask and priming my face before it. And it felt tacky on my skin too. It was my first foundation back in 2016 and it gave me a really bad impression of what a foundation would look like on skin.

I haven't used it after trying all the solutions, and up till now it still looks new and unused in my drawer. lol. Such a waste of space.

If you really want to try, just get a sample and try first. Don't splurge for nothing. But I would straightly tell you to not waste your time on this foundation. There are many better and cheaper foundations out there.

This is my go to foundation! I have been using for years. I switch shades from winter and summer. I have combination skin and doesn't look too dewy. I do like to put some bare minerals viel powered over it. Just a little and it works great!

on 1/1/2018 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't get the hype over this foundation. This is honestly one of the worst I've tried. And I've tried a range of different foundations, from Laura Mercier, Diorskin Airflash, Revlon Colorstay, Elf, Estee Lauder and many more. Thankfully, I found my holy grail in MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15, which is my new go-to, but I digress.

First, the shade range is awful because of a strange paradox: the cool shades are almost too light, while the warm shades are almost too dark. Neither range imparts any glow. I'm more of a neutral warm olive, but I'm also pale. The warm shades were too dull and dark, and oxidised quickly. NONE of them were vivid, vibrant, "alive" shades. All dull, ashy browns with a TINY hint of yellow (not enough.) So I tried the cool shades to see if that would be better. Those turned out just as ashy with dull red undertones or too light powdery pinks. I wasted literally HOURS trying on different colours, and ended up buying THREE expensive bottles of different shades (thinking that by mixing and matching it might work.) Expensive, horrible mistake.

Moving on. The texture. This is really wishy-washy. It's neither matte, nor is it creamy/ hydrating. It doesn't give good coverage at all, so you end up applying MORE to compensate -- which just looks cakey. However, if you don't apply much, there's no point in even using this. It won't even out skin tone, DOESN'T cover anything, doesn't airbrush pores, doesn't impart glow....doesn't seem to do anything apart from giving you an unflattering, deadening colour! There's no winning with this.

Not to mention, spreadability and application is a total nightmare, even with the best damp beauty blender. It's not comfortably buildable, it's too wet and yet dry-looking (?) at the same time, it accentuates pigmentation/pores, and it FEELS gross on the skin. I'm glad this worked for others, but I really can't find anything positive to say, except I like the pump packaging.

EPIC FAIL.

After a little bit of searching and sampling, I think I found a foundation that I believe will be a suitable replacement for the Tarte Amazonian BB cream that I had been using. As much as I love it, I don't think that my shade produced anymore, plus I wanted something that would provide a little extra coverage should I need it.

From personal experience - and watching others review this product - it's especially essential to exfoliate before applying this product as it will cling to any minor dry patches. It also dries a little bit quicker, so you don't have as much blending time which could make this look streaky and patchy. Otherwise, I think it's a decent foundation.

The wear on this is extraordinary, as it lasted 8+ hours on me without flaking or wearing away. It felt comfortable on my skin, and I didn't feel like I had a thick layer of something covering my face. "Breathable" would be the closest possible descriptor than I could use to describe it.

So if you have relatively decent skin, to begin with, I'd say buy it.

on 1/1/2018 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a lovely foundation with great color choices, for those with oily skin. As I age, my skin has transitioned from oily to combination. With this foundation, by mid-afternoon, the foundation on the sides of my nose has dried out and has started to flake off. So, it used to work for me, but doesn't anymore.

on 12/30/2017 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't believe this cost me $63 and the quality was worse than the $15 foundations I own. This foundation was almost impossible to blend, the finish was pasty/plaster-like and highlighted my dry patches even if they were tiny and few! I feel like you can only use this with a beauty blender to achieve ok results. I didn't feel my flash photos were that much better when wearing this foundation and to be honest, it was very short lasting! My skin felt naked again and red patches showed within a few short hours. I only wore it indoors in an AC environment too! DisaPpointing staying power. I know not to use this for either photos or for events where I need it to endure time + heat now. I feel pretty ripped off. Kept rewearing it to give it a second chance but it kept disappointing me again.

on 12/29/2017 12:13:00 PM

I'm giving this foundation such a high review for 2 reasons:-
1. The shade range is amazing. I am 9/10 the palest shade in a foundation. I am impressed if I am the second palest. This is the first foundationI have found EVER where I am not the palest 2 shades. Furthermore, there are multiple undertones available, making Y225 Marble easily the best foundation match I have ever had.
2. This is the most natural, your skin but better, looking like you drink plenty of water and eat a lot of vegetables kind of foundation. The finish is a not-too-dewy-not-too-matte satin, the coverage is a light-medium that still allows a bit of life to the skin. You could dupe someone whilst wearing this that you aren't wearing anything at all, even if they got close.

Now the caveat: you're looking for something for something with great coverage, this is not for you. I have cystic acne and this foundation does very little to cover it up, and if I go out on a chilly day wearing just this you can see a red nose peeking through. That is the price you pay for having something look so incredibly natural, and I think a lot of the disappointed reviews are unhappy with something with the coverage offered. This is simply not a high glam foundation, and I'm pretty okay with that once I've done a bit of spot concealing for a very natural look, however that if you are someone with a lot to cover (loads of redness for example), this is not the one.

Very natural and glowing skin like finish when applied with a damp beauty blender. Lasts at least 8 hours requiring very minimal touch up (I live in Asia so touch ups are needed).

This photographs so well. The camera absolutely loves you when you have this on. I have tried products that probably can win over this (when you do a face to face assessment) but when I am photographed, my skin doesn't glow as it would if I had the MUFE Ultra HD on.

So if you work on TV or love selfies, this should be your go-to

on 12/16/2017 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

If you like a light weight foundation that gives buildable light to medium coverage, then this fits the bill. Using a beauty blender I found the finish to be rather natural rather than airbrushed. I have dry skin and this didn't accentuate any dryness. I read somewhere that this contains hyaluronic spheres for time-released hydration. Wear is decent within 8 hours and they have an extensive range of shades. I don't have much to say about it because I wasn't knocked off my feet for the price point but overall, a good foundation.

on 11/20/2017 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Great foundation for my combination skin, doesn't accentuate any dry patch, and doesn't slick in my Tzone. I feel it gives a nice satin finish. I just set my Tzone when I wear this foundation. Wears well all day with a variety of primers that I use. Blends like a dream with a beauty blender sponge.