Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation

Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation
Ultra HD FoundationUltra HD Foundation

3.3

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), PEG-10 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlhexanoate, Talc, Mica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Propanediol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sucrose Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Alumina, Cyclohexasiloxane, Proplene Carbonate, Pentylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Glyercin, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tin Oxide, BHT, Tocopherol [ /- CI 19140 (Yellow, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarine), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Oxide)].

I got Y205 shade. The packaging is great, the pump works and very clean and easy to dispense.

I don't notice the scent.

I can't find a reason for anyone to buy this because it is very sheer foundation that doesn't cover the slightest imperfections. I have normal to dry skin with some combination in the summer season.
There are other sheer type of foundations like By Terry CC cream, but at least it blurs some imperfections once it settles and make your skin a little bit more perfect.

This MUFE can settle in some pores and when you apply more for medium coverage, it looks like it can sit on the skin and require powder.

The shade selection is excellent and no flash bouncing off this foundation, but that is it.

I will not repurchase even though the shade Y205 is excellent match for my skin.

I like this foundation with one caveat - the client has to have near to perfect skin. For the price, this foundation provides no where near enough coverage. Even on clients with great skin, I have to use three pumps to get the finish I want which doesn't make it particularly cost effective. For everyday clients with normal problems, MAC's StudioFix beats this foundation hands down. Also, this foundation can make some people look like death warmed over even in the yellow tones. If they have tanned skin, the yellow is not sufficient - it just comes out looking ashy. However, if they are fair olive, the colour comes out reasonably well. I think for the price and coverage, there are far more comparable drugstore options which produce just as good results.

I love, love, love this foundation. I have been using it for over a year, and I honestly cannot describe how happy I am to have it in my collection. It is my favorite foundation. I am not your average foundation user, I suppose. I have a variety of foundations I use according to the weather and my hormones. THIS one is a favorite. I like NO other foundation more than this one. I know the reviews are hit or miss with this one. Get matched and get a sample. Apply by sections on your primed and prepped face with a beauty blender using only ONE pump. Do your eyebrows or apply your shadow or under eye concealer- whatever your process. THEN decide if you need more. I love this finish- very natural. Sometimes I cannot believe how great this makes my complexion look. With that being said, I have nearly blemish-free skin. I get period bumps, etc, but don't have any major discoloration or blemishes I want to cover. With that being said, this gives me the ideal coverage- it lets my natural skin peek through while camoflauging my imperfections. My suggestion in making this work for you if your complexion is similar to mine is to make sure you have prepped your skin and then work in small sections with a damp beauty blender.

on 7/18/2017 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

One of the greats for sure! I wont say its high coverage like their HD foundation stick,but like MAC,it's one of the HGs for a quick flawless finish when you don't have alotta time to spend on your makeup. I find it ABSOLUTELY affordable being that i got a sample that lasted me a week! It was the size of a dime! And i used 2 coats! Didnt cake,didn't need a setting powder or spray..it just did what most of us want...flawless finish without the hard work...always will have a bottle on hand 😘

The Makeup For Ever Ultra HD Foundation gives you a really nice and even finish, however, the coverage is very light, so if you have any strong breakouts it wouldn’t cover the redness maybe if you have a shade with a yellowish undertone.

If you have a really nice skin then this is the perfect natural finish for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't get my right shade (that was my fault), apart from that this foundation broke me out and its really shiny. Overrated IMO :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Ok, there may not be words to adequately describe my disappointment with this, but I'm gonna do my monthly good deed and try to find some--just cause I care enough to save you wenches from purchase-regret. You are welcome. And someday you will return that favor, won't you? Mmm hmmm...

I tried this a couple of times in store and knew I would need to build it to get coverage, but geez! I just spent 30 minutes...on an off day...where I don't give a crap...trying to get this to look decent enough to go out of the house in. I'm still on the fence about that!

Coverage starts at BB cream level. I used all of my hefty sample trying to get it to a solid medium. I may or may not have succeeded. At $43 a bottle, building this up to my usual medium-plus to full would require taking out a loan, getting a second job, or selling a couple of cats. Also, I have stuff to do. It is fussy to work with--almost gummy. Slapping it on for light coverage would look like crap IMO. The pigment is not evenly suspended in the "liquid" (or gum), so it ends up looking patchy that way. You have to keep building and blending and blending some more to get even-looking coverage.

I know that some of you enjoy that kind of self-torture, so might I recommend Mac Face and Body or UD Naked instead. Both are far superior to this poorly-tested piece of puppy poo.

The real shocker here, though, is how horridly unflattering the finish is. It is matte. But in a bad way. Looks like death. And HD my left butt cheek--it highlights every bump, flaw, line and pore! It looks and feels like a thick cheap old-fashioned foundation. I can think off-hand of several better-quality options that are way cheaper: Bourjois Healthy Mix, Maybelline Matte + Poreless, Mary Kay Matte, Clinique Superbalanced Silk, Sephora 10 hour... I swear I think even the new W&W HD is better than this!

I can't comment on longevity cause I'm fixin to take this crap off rather than try to pretty it up. But since it feels precarious even on my dry skin, I can't imagine it would survive any oil.

This foundation is Ok for me personally. I did though, expect more because of the price and MUFE's reputation. Maybe it just wasnt what i expected it to be. I am happy with the shade, the coverage, the blendability and the packaging. The only thing im not so happy about was the finish. For some reason i thought it wasnt matte, but on my skin this foundation was matte. Now im not a fan of matte finishes, i like satin and or demi matte. Maybe the finish also depends on the skin condition? Idk. At the moment my skin is quite dry, maybe thats why it looks and feels matte.

on 5/21/2017 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This personally pains me a little to write this review because I had such high hopes for this product! I would pass it in Sephora and finally splurged to wear to an event in which I had gotten a spray tan (I wasn't about the flashback in photos that my beloved L'Oreal Infallible Matte gives me) I will say, the shade selection in this line rocks and I appreciate the different undertones. This went on like a dream and let me build the coverage up to full, and my makeup looked great all night. However, my gripe with this foundation is that it just doesn't last! Yes, it holds up pretty well, but once I hit that 8 hour mark or so I can see the oil peeking through on my nose, forehead, chin, etc. - even with setting powder and spray. And by oil I mean a slick, not the "dewy" touch of oil. I won't throw this away but will probably continue to use this for special occasions where I won't be running around doing every day errands in 80% humidity. I think there are better alternatives out there if you're on a budget like me.

on 5/21/2017 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I really, really wanted to like this but this made my face look like a greasy mess. Even after blotting 4-5 times, my face looked so greasy you could cook eggs on it. I'm giving this a 2 because it is one of the few foundations that did NOT dry out my skin, but this is going back ASAP.

Update on 6/11/17: Okay, I have to retract my previous entry. It was actually my moisturizer that was making me look like a grease ball, but I tried another moisturizer with it, and it looks good now. Haha, I really love this foundation!