Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation

Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation
Ultra HD FoundationUltra HD Foundation

3.3

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), PEG-10 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlhexanoate, Talc, Mica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Propanediol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sucrose Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Alumina, Cyclohexasiloxane, Proplene Carbonate, Pentylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Glyercin, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tin Oxide, BHT, Tocopherol [ /- CI 19140 (Yellow, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarine), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Oxide)].

on 5/21/2017 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This personally pains me a little to write this review because I had such high hopes for this product! I would pass it in Sephora and finally splurged to wear to an event in which I had gotten a spray tan (I wasn't about the flashback in photos that my beloved L'Oreal Infallible Matte gives me) I will say, the shade selection in this line rocks and I appreciate the different undertones. This went on like a dream and let me build the coverage up to full, and my makeup looked great all night. However, my gripe with this foundation is that it just doesn't last! Yes, it holds up pretty well, but once I hit that 8 hour mark or so I can see the oil peeking through on my nose, forehead, chin, etc. - even with setting powder and spray. And by oil I mean a slick, not the "dewy" touch of oil. I won't throw this away but will probably continue to use this for special occasions where I won't be running around doing every day errands in 80% humidity. I think there are better alternatives out there if you're on a budget like me.

on 5/21/2017 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I really, really wanted to like this but this made my face look like a greasy mess. Even after blotting 4-5 times, my face looked so greasy you could cook eggs on it. I'm giving this a 2 because it is one of the few foundations that did NOT dry out my skin, but this is going back ASAP.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

So far yes, I FINALLY HAVE A SHADE IN THIS LINE. Everyone always talks about how wonderful this foundation is but I didn't have a shade in this line and was unwilling to buy two different color to make my perfect shade. BUT I am shade y345. I have to admit the Y and R in this line helps take a lot of the guess work out of the line but I still recommend you go get color matched in this line. I am shade y345 and now I see what people mean about the way this foundation photographs I set it with my Kryolan yellow powder and it looks quite nice. I don't know if I will use this for a everyday foundation since I prefer something a little more dewy, but I think for special occasion or times where I am going to take a lot of photographs this is a really good choice.

I had high hopes for when I bought this foundation after seeing reviews. I was extremely dissapointed, not only is the product expensive but not worth it for my skin. I have issues with finding the right colour which, giving credit where it's due was great with this foundation but that'll all. All it did was cake and cling to any dry areas and after taking the foundation off it fully dried out my whole skin which took a week to fix. I would not recommend this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Despite having super greasy, acne-prone skin I picked this over the Matte Velvet+ because I wanted a foundation that looked natural instead of a drying cake face the way some matte foundations can be; granted I didn't want to be super shiny either...so rather balanced I would say. First of all, I have no idea how people can say that this is super shiny. I wore this throughout a 12hr+ day with changing clothes, going to work and a dog training class while only touching up 3 times max with blotting sheets and dusting of powder. Second of all, I have no idea how this claims to be medium coverage; I have redness and dark, purple acne marks galore and this completely evened out my skin tone while soft focusing my texture to make everything look smooth. I apply this with my fingers and literally nothing streaks or drags. For $43 this is a great selection that also caters to yellow AND red undertones all in the same formula.

I may have found my "HG" foundation- or at least the one I will wear daily to work or functions.

I have mature skin, which borders on dry. I take pretty good care of my skin, so I would say for the most part it is normal. My nose is my "problem" area as I suffer from allergies, so foundations do have a tendency to cling to the dry bits.

I purchased this in Y225. The MUFE website said Y225 has yellow undertones. I would say I am a fair to light complexion with a fairly neutral undertone, so as long as the foundation isn't leaning too warm or cool, I can wear it without it looking weird. This worked beautifully.

I prep and prime my face, and work in small sections on my face as I do believe it sets quickly. 1-1/2 to 2 pumps total for whole face. Some may think working in sections is too fussy, but I promise you the end result is totally worth it.

I do find this coverage to be a good medium coverage, possibly full if you built it up more, but I didn't feel I needed to. The most amazing thing to me is how unbelievably natural this looks on my face! It seriously looks like my skin! It just looks seamless. It is longwearing, which is something that is on my MUST list for a foundation.

I have Estee Lauder double wear, which is another longwearing foundation. ELDW has more coverage and is definitely more matte. Down side is that I makes me look unnatural. I wore it on my long 12-14 hour shifts. I actually like the product, but I do think it ages me and who wants that?!?!

I know this foundation is either a hit or miss. It seems those with oily skin don't like it because their oil breaks through after a short time. Those that have a lot of blemishes they want to cover do not like this foundation because they felt the coverage wasn't sufficient enough. I have also read that those with dry skin didn't like it because they felt it clung to dry patches. I exfoliate, hydrate, and then use a primer. I had no issues. I think also using no more than 2 pumps is key, too.

I honestly believe it is really just one of those foundations you have to get matched and try for yourself. For me this fit a long list of must haves for a foundation!! I am happy with the purchase.

on 5/5/2017 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

These are my first impressions.

I put this on the first time at the end of the day over my skincare, no makeup or anything. I have never used a high end foundation before, but I could really see a difference. It looked so skin like, just like my skin but slightly better and color corrected. I could easily see why I was worth more money. My skin wasn't embellished, but it just looked really healthy too. I don't know if I would spend $43 regularly on foundation, but I would spend $43 on this to start and also get a basis of what to expect for other foundations. In that regard, I consider it a success. Seems to wear fine and surprisingly NOT crease or become too emollient on me, which I've always had a problem with, even when I was 21 years old.

I'm hating the shades though of this though. I have very pale skin and it's somewhat olive too. My skin is not really pink, yellow, neutral, green, or any strong color. The greenness of my skin simply "mutes" any tone from being too dominant or obvious. I first bought Y215 since I thought the lightest shade would be too white for me. I have very pale skin but it's not white, something won't work on me just because it's ultra pale. When I got this shade, I was like !@#$. This shade is just too dark and peachy, I mean swatching it on the back of my hand makes it look 100% wrong with it unblended. On my face, after blending, it's passable, but it's not light enough for my neck and the undertone alone makes it not worth $43. You know what Y215 is comparable to? Loreal True Match Lumi W1-2, but the true match is a little bit darker and a little more intense of an undertone.

So I then bought the Y205, even got a good deal on eBay for it. My worst fear came true, this stuff is TOO WHITE when you blend it out. It gives me a white cast, and not only that, it's somewhat pink, like the yellowness of it, where is it? Y205 is for people who are PASTY pale... and I don't identify with that. I've seen people who have more of a white component to their skin than me.

Also, unaffliated, but these swatches are incredibly accurate to compare Y205, R210, and Y215. http://freshbeautystudio.com/beauty/make-up-for-ever-ultra-hd-foundation-review/ You know how a lot of swatches are not true to life, but now that I can see two of those IRL, that is exactly how they look.

At this point I would love to try R210 and who knows maybe it would work, I'm probaby done with the foundation now. I think I would love it, but I can't even sample it like a normal person does IRL because there is no Sephora or JCPenny that sells Sephora in my state or any place at to sample it like a normal person. If I want to make Y215 work, I would need the Chromatic Mixer (oil) in either blue or white, maybe even both, which seems like a bit much work for one foundation.

on 4/24/2017 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love love LOVE the finish of this foundation. Depending on how you apply it, it has light to medium coverage (beauty blender: light, dense brush: medium) – but it’s very buildable! It looks like skin, it’s very lightweight, and of course, it photographs great! It unfortunately doesn’t last on my very oily skin, I can get about 5-6 hours out of this foundation. I’m OK with blotting mid-day, but this just starts rubbing off and looking patchy in certain areas, and it also creases around my mouth. It holds up better when I touch up, but that’s not realistic for me everyday. I don’t want to be "too aware" of my makeup when I’m in the office. I still love it very much because it looks great and feels lightweight, so I keep a couple of shades of this to use whenever I know I won’t need a more long-lasting foundation (think date night, dinner/drinks with friend, etc.) It doesn’t break me out or anything weird like that.

- It has a great range: a lot of shades and different undertones, I’m pretty sure most people out there will be able to find a decent match.

- The packaging is great: it’s light and good for travel, it has a great pump, and it doesn’t get messy.

This is my HG foundation...or at least it has been for the last two years. I will switch it up on occasion, but very rarely. My skin does not play well with all foundations and fortunately this one gives me no breakouts at all. The coverage is amazing, not too heavy and not too light, it IS buildable, it isn't super dewy or super matte..it's just right finish wise for my skin type (Combo, old acne scars, some pores). I have tried many, many foundations (highest of the high end and drug store, alike) and this one still wins the #1 spot for me.

on 4/11/2017 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I quite like this foundation actually.

+ The packaging is convenient
+ Comes in a wide range of shades,
+ Bends very easily without cligning anywhere
+ Looks natural, enhances the skin instead of covering
+ The finish is on the semi-matte/semi-satiny side
+ Holds on well throughout the day without fading noticeably
+ Doesn't irritate my skin

On to the cons:

- Not sure if it's worth the price
- Coverage is on the light side of medium and can be slightly built up but is enough for me only on good skin days
- Doesn't control oil at all

Overall it's a good everyday foundation for people with mostly dry to normal skin I'd say who don't need much coverage. Very pretty though.