no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I HATE that I’m giving this a bad review, because I seriously wanted to love it, but it gave me such horrible breakouts that I’ve been insecure about my skin at work for weeks, and stealing your confidence from you is really just the worst thing a beauty product can do for you. The packaging is gorgeous! I don’t agree with the reviews that the pearls are too glittery; I felt like the SLIGHT shimmer beneath my make up made my skin look iredescent. But that’s where it begins and ends. It made my skin break out horribly, and it’s flipping expensive (I don’t mind paying a lot for something that works but it doesn’t), and it not only didn’t do it’s job but made my skin the worst it’s been since I was 16. Utterly disappointed.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

from

3 years ago

I am loving it. It's so stunning and beautiful and looking expensive from the packaging. I have the very first breakout on my forehead (so hard to get rid of them urgh!) and making my forehead even oilier. I have very sensitive skin with dehydrated skin beneath and oily on my tzone. With the small but pretty a lot of pimples on my forehead, I took a chance and tried this serum out. This has ceramides and skin repairing ingredients [based on my research through alot of articles]. Those little pearls burst when i pump the serum. They look glittery but once i apply it on my face somehow i can't see the glitter anymore. They're there but it so unnoticable imo. The serum sinks into my skin so fast. Making my skin smoother and doesn't cause any breakouts or pimples. Giving me enough moisture for day time. So i just cleanse my face. Put some toner. And followed by this serum. I once put my sebamed anti pimple gel before putting this serum and somehow making my skin feel uncomfortable. So i always just use this serum alone. It does help even out my skin tone, making my skin feels smoother and reducing the acne spots i have on my cheek. My forehead breakouts is better to. [But i also taking zinc supplements.]

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

3 years ago

This product is very luxurious looking...that's about all you're getting from this 70$ serum. It gave me bumps all over my forehead which never happens to me. It did improve some fine lines but that's about it. It also has a disgusting amount of shimmer/glitter to it which I personally feel should not be in a skincare products...leave that with makeup. Overall there are way better serums out there for half the price of this. Waste of money!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

2.0

3 years ago

This looked so fancy and I wanted to like it. Unfortunately, it made my combination skin really dry which never happened to me with a serum that is supposed to moisturize the skin.

About reviewer (195 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

3.0

4 years ago

I really like this serum. I have been using it with the eye gel. In combination with the matching moisturiser during the day and Arden visible difference cream at night. I have never used Elizabeth Arden skincare, I usually use Philosophy or Estee Lauder skincare but I have just had a baby and my budget has been somewhat more limited while I'm on maternity leave and this was on offer in the January sales. I don't agree with the other review I find the illuminating particles undetectable after following with a moisturiser and I haven't had any sticky sensation. I find it has had a really lovely effect on my skin which seems illuminated and my dark circles and fine lines are visably improved. Although the results are not as dramatic as I would get from my old Philosophy or Estee Lauder regimen. But for the price I am very very happy with it. I don't think I would buy again at full price though.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesHazel

5 years ago

This was such a gimmicky product. The packaging is a clear bottle with caplets of serum (they look like small pearls) suspended in a clear fluid. The caplets break open when you use the pump, so the serum is fresh when it is applied to your skin. Unfortunately the pearly outer skin of the caplets also gets pumped out so you end up smearing silvery rubbery-looking goo all over your face. My skin is very dry on my cheeks and forehead, and very oily on my nose and chin. I have melasma on my forehead and cheeks, and fine lines around my eyes. This is sticky no matter how small an amount I apply and never really sinks in at all. It is advertised as having a weightless finish and improves skin tone and fine lines, but I can attest that this is incorrect. After using a bottle I have seen no difference in my skin whatsoever. There are so many glowing reviews of this on the Arden website that I originally thought there was something wrong with my application, or maybe I had a faulty product. But I guess that this product just doesn’t work for my skin. I usually find Arden products to work really well with my skin but this was a disappointment.

About reviewer (1232 reviews)

Age36-43