MISSHA Time Revolution Clear Toner

3.0

on 7/15/2017 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This toner is okay. Not a bad product. I just didn't see a huge change in my skin. It's VERY watery. It's clear and has no fragrance. I would just put some in my hands and pat it in. It takes some time to soak in. I would fan my face with my hands to help it absorb quicker. This would add some extra hydration to my skincare routine, but not much else. I do have dry skin, so maybe this would be better for someone with oily skin who needs less nourishment and hydration.

on 12/5/2015 1:59:00 PM

I really wanted to like this toner. It was one of my first Missha products. There's quite a lot to like about it: it isn't fragranced (or if it is, I can't smell it); the packaging is lovely,as it comes in what looks like a frosted glass bottle that is actually heavy plastic; the pH is around 3.5 - 4.5 (according to Missha's website) which is decent for a pH-adjusting toner, although doesn't exfoliate much at the higher end of that range; it has nice ingredients, including fermented saccharomyces; and it left my skin feeling clean and hydrated and helped bridge the waiting time gap between washing and applying tretinoin so my skin didn't feel tight or parched. I think the price is a tad high, but I used it night and day for two months and only used half of the generous bottle.

Unfortunately, my sensitive skin didn't like it. I didn't spot test this. I figured it's toner, what could it do, and jumped right in. What it did is kept giving me a little pimple here and a little pimple there for months. When I finally used it in conjunction with the Missha FTE or Nature Republic STE, the breakouts became worse, which forced me to look closely at the common ingredients and find yet one more thing that my skin doesn't like (probably propanediol).

I'm sure this product will work well for the majority of the population and if it weren't for my extremely picky skin, I'd likely continue to use it.

on 7/7/2015 6:57:00 AM

This isnt a bad product, I just havent seen any difference in my skin since I have been using it.

Other Missha toners are thicker and more moisturizing (almost like a lightweight serum) and in some cases can be used instead of a moisturizer. This is watery, no fragrance, and no alcohol (which is fantastic for me as I like to avoid alcohol as much as I can in products.)

Some toners, especially Asian ones, are meant to be patted onto the skin like a lotion, but this one should be applied on a cotton pad and wiped all over the face.

I can attest that this removes any leftover makeup on your skin after cleansing, even when you think you have done a thorough job of cleansing! I use just this in a morning to wipe over my face and remove any night cream residue. I also like this after using a cream cleanser to give my skin a fresh feel.

The lactic acid in this toner is a great exfoliant and in just the right amount to not leave my skin feeling irritated. I have used a lot of toners in the past and although I dont really think they are a necessary step (rinsing with water may be just as effective), this one is not bad.

The bottle is simple and elegant, clear plastic but quite heavy.

I probably would repurchase this, but the bottle is huge and will last me a long time. For reference, my skin is very dry on my forehead, cheeks and undereye area, and extremely oily on my nose and chin. This did not cause breakouts or any skin issues whatsoever.

Ingredients:
Water, Saccharomyces Ferment, Propanediol, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Piper Methysticum Leaf/Root/Stem Extract, Camellia Oleifera Seed Extract, Gaultheria Procumbens (Wintergreen) Leaf Extract, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract, Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Betaine, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Cellulose Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Disodium EDTA, 1,2-Hexanediol, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Malic Acid, Glucose, Acetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate