Shea Moisture Create-Your-Palette Magnetic Tin

1 review

So, I purchased a bunch of eyeshadow singles when Coastal Scents had their shadow pots on sale a month or so ago. I didn't give much thought as to what I was going to do with them after they arrived. I happened upon this empty magnetic palette while shopping at Target and picked up (2). This worked fantastic to organize and store those 1" shadow pots. I purchased the larger size, which is about 9.5" x 5.5" and holds 48 of the 1" pots. The price of this was $9.99 for the large palette and they have a smaller one which about 3" x 6" for $5.99.

I am so impressed with the quality and sleekness of these tin palettes that I look out for them every time I shop at one of the Targets in my area that carry these. I am planning on depotting some NYX single eyeshadows, along with some Sephora blushes (bought the smaller size for blushes and bronzers), as this will really save some space and slim down my ever growing make-up collection.

The only drawback is that the lid is metal and not clear, so I am going to have to make labels for the outer part so that I don't have to open and shut every time I am looking for particular shades. That is a minor thing when I realize how much room this will save me as well as organizing my collection better.

UPDATE: I am loving these more than ever. I decided to take advantage of the tin lid and bought some magnetic sheets at Michaels, cut them to fit inside and I can now get twice the amount of shadows per tin, 96 at full capacity. I did this out of necessity since these have become harder to find at Target, they still carry them but are always out of stock and when purchased on-line, they arrived dented and bent to the point they were off kilter and didn't open and close properly. I do have to be careful when opening and closing, trying not to snap them hard as this will dislodge the shadow pots, but if I am careful everything stays in place.