3.8

price range

Reviews

from

9 months ago

I love love love this eyeliner. Lasts really well on me, might smudge a bit if I'm exercising or in a serious downpour, but otherwise have no issues. Nice and black, doesn't flake off like the other waterproof Essence liquid liners. The best part is that the felt tip gives me a perfect thin line every single day; I find most liquid liner applicators too thick and I'm not a fan of big, thick winged liner, so this is perfect for me to get a thin simple line. The only major issue I have is the OUTSIDE of the packaging. The foil branding on the outside starts to flake off after a while, and these tiny little pieces of shiny film get stuck to everything - hands, face, other things in my makeup bag. For some reason, once they're stuck to something they are IMPOSSIBLE to remove, I have to scrap them off my face with my nails numerous times before they come off. So, I usually end up binning the liner when this starts happening, and buying a new one, which is irritating as the product inside is still half full and perfectly fine. If it wasn't so cheap, I wouldn't repurchase. So if Essence just sorted out the outer packaging, this eyeliner would be my ultimate favourite.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

from

a year ago

I read positive reviews for this and i'm always looking for an easy to use black eyeliner, but this doesn't do it. I got a nice black line, it was easy to use but then it smudges the rest of the day into my eyelid. it simply doesn't want to stay on my eyelid.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

2 years ago

I bought this because it seemed like it had the best reviews out of all the Essence eyeliners. When it actually works, it's great, but I find that more often than not the tip is dry and I can't get any product out... then randomly I'll get all the product in the world and it's awesome, but it's such a roller coaster ride with this eyeliner! Maybe I got one with crappy packaging, but I just don't think it's worth it for me to purchase it again. The formula itself actually seems pretty good, but I just don't want to struggle with trying to make a product work. Edit: I just watched a video about Essence products on YT from Sarah Therese, and she recommended storing the eyeliners upside-down to get the pigment to come out consistently. Because it's so cheap, I think I'll give it another try to see if that trick works for me, then I'll post another update.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Out of all of the eyeliners I've used, this has to be my favorite. It's super black and has a precise tip, making application easy. It doesn't run on the eyes and won't come off until the end of the day. The best part is that it's only $2.99! Essence has some great products, and this is definitely one of them.

About reviewer (201 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

It is a decent eyeliner, but I don't love it. I find it very hard to make a nice smooth line with it, don't really like the applicator tip. It's too big, and distributes the product weirdly, or maybe it's just me. It is definitely waterproof to the point where it is REALLY hard to remove. Decent intense black color. Very good for a drugstore liner and for the price, but I won't repurchase, prefer something easier to use and remove.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Definitely not the best eyeliner in the market but for drugstore and everyday looks it lasts quite well. I never actually wear waterproof makeup in water but for every day this liner isn't bad at all especially considering the price. I have quite oily lids but it wore pretty good throughout the day and application wasn't too difficult either.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

2 years ago

I saw a magazine article about this and found it at Ulta for about $2 and it works better or at least as good as very expensive eyeliners and it stays on well and doesn't smudge. I really love this and it is a great deal.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

Guys listen... I was just in my regular beauty supply shop that I buy my makeup in and I have faced the “should I buy a pricier brand because more money might mean better quality” dilemma but GURL. SHTAP. This liner is all you need! It’s so so good honestly I see it with any other brand out there value wise, this baby lasted me like a year and I love my liner, it’s dark, it’s long lasting and it doesn’t dry out (although you should always keep the cap on it!) love this one. Affordable and good. YOU SHOULD GET IT!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Other, Fine

EyesGray

2 years ago

Similar to Kat von D's Tattoo Liner and Nyx Epic Ink, but frankly I think this is a little darker. If you like that type of liner, this is worth a try, as it's dirt cheap, easily available at Ulta, and cruelty free.

About reviewer (361 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Other

2 years ago

While the skinny tip of this and waterproof claims intrigued me, i was upset to learn that neither deliver. I found that when i would try to go over a part of my eyeliner, i would have to let it dry for about a minute first or it would literally remove the product where i was drawing. The tip was awesome and sharp for my first eye but for my second eye it had already dried out and was giving me dull, thick lines. For the waterproof claim, that is absolute, utter bullshit. There is nowhere on this earth that this would be considered waterproof. I have watery eyes that normally destroy my eyeliner throughout the day, to the point that the notorious Stila Stay All Day can't even take it. I was really hoping that this product would be truly waterproof because the extremely low price... if only. The second I left Ulta with it, i swatched it on my hand and let it dry. I then got spit on my finger and ran it over it. It immediately smudged. Immediately. I figured I must not have let it dry long enough so I swatched it again and left it alone for 15 minutes. I tried the spit thing again with the same exact results. At only about 3 bucks, this eyeliner is worth a try, but don't expect much. It was a huge letdown for me.

About reviewer (160 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral