Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing "Cream"

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing

4.1

Water~Glycerin~Dimethicone~Petrolatum~Tridecyl Sterat~Tridecyl Trimellitate~Polyglyceryl~10 Pentasterate~Behenyl Alcohol~Dipentaerythrityl Hexcaprylate/Hexacaprate~Cucumber Fruit Extract~Barley Extract~Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate~Caprylyl Glycol~Proplyene Glycol Dicaprate~Sunflower Seed Cake~Peg 100 Sterate~Sodium Hyuronate~Cetyl Alcohol~Butylene Glycol~Tromethamine~Carbomer~Phenoxethanol~yellow 5-yellow 6-red 33

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The original DDM was not moisturizing enough for my very dry skin so the cream version is definitely right up my alley. Haven’t gotten around to trying it until recently, I guess because there are creams at the drugstores these days that are just as good, if not better than the baby steps Clinique has made when it comes to putting known beneficial ingredients into skin care. It does hydrate a lot and is reminiscent of the lotion, just thicker, a definite improvement over the “one lotion suits all” mindset. I am by no means wowed other than I’m a sucker for packaging and the little glass jar brings it up a notch as far as elegance and “makeup table” appeal, but I give it credit because I don’t have to pile a bunch on to feel hydrated and it plays excellent with my foundation.

on 6/1/2018 7:54:00 AM

such a find this cream. i got it bc my other cream was giving blackheads. i thought.... clinique wont do that.... just spend a little more money... buy it. well.... i have these fine lines on my cheeks when i smile. this cream makes them go away. nothing else seems to. i ran out of the cream.... the fine lines came back. needless to say i ran and got another jar. my skin is very sensitive which is why i like clinique. the cream has no fragrance and is allergy tested. its not overwhlemed with ingredients that can irritate skin. you know what causes skin aging? irritation. creams that irritate are actually aging the skin.... so i stick to the mild stuff. but this cream i found exceptionally effective in smoothing out those fine lines that seemed to be getting deeper!

on 4/4/2018 7:44:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I love the cream, I mostly use it as a night cream and the matching lotion as a day cream under my primer and makeup. It hydrates and does not make oily. About the packaging. I do not prefer cremes in a pot, since bacteria will easily slip in. I use a spatula when I apply the cream. However, an advantadge of the pot is that you can use all the product and nothing is left behind.

on 4/2/2018 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm on the fence with this one. I put this on each morning and night. I live in a super cold, dry climate, and this velvety cream just sinks in and my skin just drinks it all up. It does a wonderful job of moisturising. However after a while, I do get an oily film on my forehead and nose. Maybe this is better as a night cream?? The bottle is solid and feels nice.

on 3/19/2018 5:33:00 PM

My combination oily skin turn combination dry about 2 years ago. My mom swears by this stuff so I tried it and have used it religiously. I noticed a lot of clogged pores over the years and always attributed it to my foundation. Recently as part of my aging regimen, I started using retin-A (lowest dose). This has dried my skin out more than usual. Still bumps and clogged pores persist. About a month ago after cleansing....waiting to apply Retin- A....waiting another half hour to apply my Clinique moisturizer, I noticed my face was burning. It was burning when I applied the cream in the morning and the evening so I know it wasn't the Retin A or my foundation. I stopped wearing it for a week and the clogged pores cleared up slowly and the stinging went away. So bummed! But it is the best moisturizer for dry skin that i have tried to date. So it's a 3 star for me. If it works, it's awesome for dry skin.

on 2/9/2018 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

A really good moisturiser for very dry skin. No complaints.

I want to like this but I just can’t. It feels very rich and nice when I first apply it but as I rub it in it pills up. It doesn’t absorb and sits like a greasy film on top of my skin that I then have to remove. Yuck.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Unfortunately, this broke me out in hives. But before it did, I was very impressed with it. It moisturized my very dry skin and made it look radiant. I was surprised I had such a terrible reaction to it; I can usually put anything on my face and not think twice about allergic reactions. I let my skin heal and then tried this cream once more, just to see if it was in fact this product, and it was. Very disappointing that this works so well, yet I can't use it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have super oily skin that breaks out often. I only use this at night to help balance out my skin come morning time in which to reduce any oil throughout the day. It's very rich but doesn't cause any sensitivity or break outs.

on 7/1/2017 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I think I hear my skin say "oooohhh" when I apply this!
In the summer months I go full Clinique 3 Step (Soap, Clarifying Lotion, Dramatically Different moisturiser). I've been using the DDM Lotion during the day under SPF50, and got out a sample pot of the DDM cream which I've been using at night over serum (EL Night Repair or a couple from The Ordinary) for a week.
Clinique used to market DDML as a "moisture drink" and that's exactly how this cream feels. My dry/dehydrated skin feels quenched and comfortable straightaway on application, and in the morning feels and looks soft and supple. This is quite a rich cream so I only need a small amount compared to some other night creams that I use, and I add a little extra under my eyes. It is quickly absorbed and I don't find that it leaves a film.
If you're getting treatment benefits from a serum then a simple hydrating moisturiser like this is all that's needed. There are cheaper ones out there of course, but this has a very refined texture and seems to work perfectly for me right now. I'll definitely buy this in the full size.