Shu Uemura Depsea water

4.2

sea water , methylparaben , linalool , parfum / fragrance,

on 8/28/2013 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Finally reviewing this after finishing both bottles. I have/had Chamomile (yellow) and Melissa Ltd Ed? (emerald green) Of the 2, my fav is Melissa. Found Chamomile very 'meh'. The scent was too mellow and hardly registered. Melissa is brighter and gives a energizing zip to the finished makeup routine. Makeup settles better onto the skin and doesn't feel sticky.

As I had 4 bottles of facial mists on table at the same time (2 Shu, Jurlique and a small pink Collagen mist from DAISO=> sticky!+ no smell= not so ok, but very cheap!) , it never occured to me how much I would miss Melissa when she /it finished.Not my favourite ( Jurlique still owns my heart) but will look into Shu's Rose or Mint when I need a new facial mist.

on 1/31/2013 6:04:00 AM

I love the rose mist and have done for a while now. Its handy to put some into a travel-sized bottle in general but especially when you're facing a longhaul flight..

on 9/30/2012 7:38:00 PM

i got the rose mist as a gift with purchase today and while tonight is the first time using it, i must say it is highly moisterizing. normally the clarisonic dries out my skin and leaves me with a tight feeling and i need to pretty much slather cream over my face to get rid of the tight feeling. tonight after i "mia'd" i spritzed my face with the rose mist and then added a pearl size of my night cream on top. i must say it do not have that tight feeling right now. so far so good.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Yes, it looks suspiciously useless but it's the farthest thing from a gimmicky product. I have tried almost all of their scents, my favourite being mint and bergamot. I'm now on rose and I love it just as much. My skin have never been better, less prone to acne, more moisturised, and gives a dewy finish every time I use it. I have no idea what kind of drug they put in there as they claim it is from the deepest ocean trench unharmed by the sun and pollution. Whatever is in it, I'm all for it.

on 6/9/2012 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I hesitated at first when buying this, but now I don't regret it. I do have acne-prone skin...And most of the products I use to subdue the breakouts and pimple all are drying on my skin. I noticed flakiness on my skin too, and all the moisturizer I was using did not do much. I spray this on my face right after cleansing or other times when I need a little "refreshing", and I'll say that I love it.

Once I bought this facial mist (bergamot...though I think I should have gotten Rose or Chamomile instead...), I realized that I need to apply less moisturizer after, and my skin has been feeling much more softer. My skin feels less irritated these days too. I don't see the flakiness I used to have. Spraying this is quite refreshing too. Yes this product is quite expensive ($25 usually...But I got it on sale for $20 on Shu's website), but I don't regret buying it at all. (I don't mind buying it for the original price either.)

This product is also a great combo with the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil~ (I use the Fresh Pink one.)

I got this in the lavender scent and it's a very pleasant smell that is not too strong. The scent goes away really fast so it shouldn't be much of an issue. I know that the product says to use it before moisturizer, but I use it at the end of my skincare routine. Before I used this product I would end up kind of sticky and wait it out to absorb into my skin. After I used the spray, the stickiness went away right away at the end of my routine. This product is great. I could've managed without it before, but now that I tried it, I refuse to go on without it!

on 2/18/2011 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Seriously, I don't know how you can extract DEEP SEA water into a bottle, but I still bought it after the reviews. I use it after applying my makeup routine, and it does make my skin glow because I feel less cakey. My skin is quite dry, especially around the nose & cheeks and the water seems to help in terms of providing moisture. I work in airconditioning all day, so that was why I decided to give it a try.
I purchased Chamomile (yellow), the scent is light, and doesn't linger on your face. I find it better than Avene water, which is supposed to have been derived from France spring waters(?)
I cannot be 100% if this ACTUALLY works or it's just a placebo effect because I spent so much $ on a bottle of water. I have used 30% of the bottle now, and I am not sure if I will re-purchase.

on 11/14/2010 8:23:00 PM

Have this is rose and unscented. Initially didn't want to pay SGD $39 for a bottle of WATER, but I sprayed it on my face at the counter and patted in. My face felt so AMAZING after that I just had to buy it. It really gives moisture which sinks in, even through foundation.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Despite saying that this is a luxury that you dont need, I still fork out the money to buy it, and will always repurchase mine.
All it does is refresh your skin during the day, I dont spritz this on my face when I've got a face full of makeup, cause lets be technicial here, with that much makeup on, nothing can penetrate my skin underneath, so spritzing this on my face is a useless cause. However I do carry mine around with me, when I'm on a long day out to spritz on my body, just to refresh my skin and it also leaves a very light rose scent which I love to death. All it really is, is just a very light toner.
I got mine in the pink bottle the Depsea Rose water, at $46AUD, It's pretty much a useless buy, I could just fill the bottle up with Biore toner and it pretty much would do the same thing. But despite saying that it's unnecessary, me being me, I love it, and will always repurchase mine. It actually last quiet long for me, out of the whole year, I only have to repurchased this once.

on 1/23/2010 5:59:00 PM

Packaging-ok. Would be nice to be able to have the option to pour OR mist like FRESH's Rose Marigold.
Price ok for what you get.
I bought 3 diff ones. SA was insistent I needed all of them but no way. Not when I haven't even tried 1. I'm still a moron cause I bought 3.
Hammaleis. The SA was so persistent about this one and apparently I have a problem 1. w/ enlarged pores and 2. w/saying no.
It is pretty irritating/drying. Don't let that stop you though. My skin is pretty much irritated by everything and witch hazel can tend to be slightly astringent. That is the general point.
I bought it in unscented. Doesn't do much of anything. I asked SA what the function was and she was shocked by my utter ignorance. Because your skin needs this precious sea water!!! OK THEN! I do think this would be nice to use to wet your eyeliner brush for dry shadow application since tap H2O will have chemicals and what not in it thus contaminating your product with who knows what.
I finally bought this in Chamomile. If I were to purchase again I would say this would be the one. The smell is ok, non offensive. It is slightly moisturizing and calming. I do not like to use it on my face and leave it there or I get big pores, congestion and break out. Nothing earth-shattering but very noticeable. I do like to soak a cotton pad w/it and use it to remove my clay mask before a shower.
It is also ok to put on my body if I want my body lotion to spread better.
Worth a try but don't be an idiot like me and go all in unless you really are a nut for toners.

Popular Face Skincare Products