Shu Uemura Depsea water

Shu Uemura Depsea water

sea water , methylparaben , linalool , parfum / fragrance,

on 6/9/2012 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I hesitated at first when buying this, but now I don't regret it. I do have acne-prone skin...And most of the products I use to subdue the breakouts and pimple all are drying on my skin. I noticed flakiness on my skin too, and all the moisturizer I was using did not do much. I spray this on my face right after cleansing or other times when I need a little "refreshing", and I'll say that I love it.

Once I bought this facial mist (bergamot...though I think I should have gotten Rose or Chamomile instead...), I realized that I need to apply less moisturizer after, and my skin has been feeling much more softer. My skin feels less irritated these days too. I don't see the flakiness I used to have. Spraying this is quite refreshing too. Yes this product is quite expensive ($25 usually...But I got it on sale for $20 on Shu's website), but I don't regret buying it at all. (I don't mind buying it for the original price either.)

This product is also a great combo with the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil~ (I use the Fresh Pink one.)

on 4/5/2012 4:38:00 AM

Performance: Used as make up mist and found it quite refreshing. After using oil blotting paper to remove excess oil on make up face, i will use this water to moist up the skin. Skin immediately feel the sensation of coolness and rehydrated.

Texture: Very fine mist that covers most of the skin easily

Scent: (in lavender) not overwhelming

Worthiness: It is just a marine water with some paraben and fragrance. However, it is quite amazing that it make skin feel cool in hot weather. I wonder if normal tap water did that too? Will repurchase because I like how it feels on my skin. But in the meanwhile i will like to try other brand (this is my 1st time using mist)

I got this in the lavender scent and it's a very pleasant smell that is not too strong. The scent goes away really fast so it shouldn't be much of an issue. I know that the product says to use it before moisturizer, but I use it at the end of my skincare routine. Before I used this product I would end up kind of sticky and wait it out to absorb into my skin. After I used the spray, the stickiness went away right away at the end of my routine. This product is great. I could've managed without it before, but now that I tried it, I refuse to go on without it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Despite saying that this is a luxury that you dont need, I still fork out the money to buy it, and will always repurchase mine.
All it does is refresh your skin during the day, I dont spritz this on my face when I've got a face full of makeup, cause lets be technicial here, with that much makeup on, nothing can penetrate my skin underneath, so spritzing this on my face is a useless cause. However I do carry mine around with me, when I'm on a long day out to spritz on my body, just to refresh my skin and it also leaves a very light rose scent which I love to death. All it really is, is just a very light toner.
I got mine in the pink bottle the Depsea Rose water, at $46AUD, It's pretty much a useless buy, I could just fill the bottle up with Biore toner and it pretty much would do the same thing. But despite saying that it's unnecessary, me being me, I love it, and will always repurchase mine. It actually last quiet long for me, out of the whole year, I only have to repurchased this once.

on 5/12/2010 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is absolutely ridiculous. It is very very expensive water that does nothing, nothing for the skin. Don't buy in the hype. it doesn't make sense at all.

on 4/23/2010 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm very positive about this product. I feel that my skin looks clearer, almost radiant and transparent after I corporated this into my AM/PM routine. I spray this on my cleansed/dry face in the morning, let it sink in for seconds then put on sunscreen. At night, I use it along with my Estee Lauder ANR serum. It's been 2 wks now, and my skin never looks so good. No irritation or pimples whatsoever. Will continue to purchase.

on 1/23/2010 5:59:00 PM

Packaging-ok. Would be nice to be able to have the option to pour OR mist like FRESH's Rose Marigold.
Price ok for what you get.
I bought 3 diff ones. SA was insistent I needed all of them but no way. Not when I haven't even tried 1. I'm still a moron cause I bought 3.
Hammaleis. The SA was so persistent about this one and apparently I have a problem 1. w/ enlarged pores and 2. w/saying no.
It is pretty irritating/drying. Don't let that stop you though. My skin is pretty much irritated by everything and witch hazel can tend to be slightly astringent. That is the general point.
I bought it in unscented. Doesn't do much of anything. I asked SA what the function was and she was shocked by my utter ignorance. Because your skin needs this precious sea water!!! OK THEN! I do think this would be nice to use to wet your eyeliner brush for dry shadow application since tap H2O will have chemicals and what not in it thus contaminating your product with who knows what.
I finally bought this in Chamomile. If I were to purchase again I would say this would be the one. The smell is ok, non offensive. It is slightly moisturizing and calming. I do not like to use it on my face and leave it there or I get big pores, congestion and break out. Nothing earth-shattering but very noticeable. I do like to soak a cotton pad w/it and use it to remove my clay mask before a shower.
It is also ok to put on my body if I want my body lotion to spread better.
Worth a try but don't be an idiot like me and go all in unless you really are a nut for toners.

on 10/24/2007 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I use this product after I use the cleansing oil and I must say the results have been drmatic. The combination of the two have taken away the redness in my cheeks and generally evened out my skin tone.I spray it on by itself and it rejuvinates me as hydrates my face. I have noticed a dramatic change in the way my skin feels and looks. I love this product

everyone is right, this product is DEFINITELY a luxury over necessity. you could do the same trick buying a spray bottle and spraying some scented mineral water on your face.

however..

i keep buying this. first of all, i've had this bottle for a year and a half and it's still not empty. second of all, i love the way it feels when i spray my face. the mist is perfectly fine and feels incredible on my face. i use it primarily for a setting spray on my makeup in the morning. but on occasion, i do use it on my brushes, sponges and to re-vive my makeup at the end of the day.

it might be improtant to admit that i originally got this when i bought the tokyo lash box (a rather, er, um, expensive purchase). but i still love all the products i got with it!

on 12/6/2005 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Finally plunked down my cash for this. Used to use Evian Brumisateur before makeup application. But this seems to work better in prepping skin for moisturizer, primer and foundation. Smells great, too (I got the Mint). I like that the nozzle sprays a very nice, fine spray. I end up with droplets of water with Evian. Will get Lavender next.

Popular Face Skincare Products