Shu Uemura Depsea water

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Shu Uemura Depsea water

sea water , methylparaben , linalool , parfum / fragrance,

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Yes, it looks suspiciously useless but it's the farthest thing from a gimmicky product. I have tried almost all of their scents, my favourite being mint and bergamot. I'm now on rose and I love it just as much. My skin have never been better, less prone to acne, more moisturised, and gives a dewy finish every time I use it. I have no idea what kind of drug they put in there as they claim it is from the deepest ocean trench unharmed by the sun and pollution. Whatever is in it, I'm all for it.

on 2/18/2011 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Seriously, I don't know how you can extract DEEP SEA water into a bottle, but I still bought it after the reviews. I use it after applying my makeup routine, and it does make my skin glow because I feel less cakey. My skin is quite dry, especially around the nose & cheeks and the water seems to help in terms of providing moisture. I work in airconditioning all day, so that was why I decided to give it a try.
I purchased Chamomile (yellow), the scent is light, and doesn't linger on your face. I find it better than Avene water, which is supposed to have been derived from France spring waters(?)
I cannot be 100% if this ACTUALLY works or it's just a placebo effect because I spent so much $ on a bottle of water. I have used 30% of the bottle now, and I am not sure if I will re-purchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Despite saying that this is a luxury that you dont need, I still fork out the money to buy it, and will always repurchase mine.
All it does is refresh your skin during the day, I dont spritz this on my face when I've got a face full of makeup, cause lets be technicial here, with that much makeup on, nothing can penetrate my skin underneath, so spritzing this on my face is a useless cause. However I do carry mine around with me, when I'm on a long day out to spritz on my body, just to refresh my skin and it also leaves a very light rose scent which I love to death. All it really is, is just a very light toner.
I got mine in the pink bottle the Depsea Rose water, at $46AUD, It's pretty much a useless buy, I could just fill the bottle up with Biore toner and it pretty much would do the same thing. But despite saying that it's unnecessary, me being me, I love it, and will always repurchase mine. It actually last quiet long for me, out of the whole year, I only have to repurchased this once.

on 10/14/2009 8:08:00 AM

This actually felt a bit greasy after application. Not the fresh feeling you should get after using a "toner". I can't stand the smell either. Gave me minor breakouts... As much as a fan I am of shu uemura products, this one isn't for me!

EDIT: Woops, that review was for the Depsea water LOTION. They should have made it more clear that this was for the facial mist. Anyway, I just tried the facial mist... It feels like heaven! Super refreshing :D

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the Myrtle scented depsea water and I do love how it feels. It makes my skin moist and it leaves it feeling moist for some time. Too many sprays, I may even feel a bit oily afterwards. I can see why some ppl don't like the way it sprays out. It is not a light mist but a full on shot of water which can leave too much in one spot and make it drip. Better to move your hand while you spray to try to distribute the water evenly across the face. I am not thrilled that the second ingredient is Methylparaben. I use a lot of other misting products that do not contain a preservative so I may not consider buying this again unless there is a scent I really love.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like using this facial mist to help my skin transition from the winter to spring weather. I can't use creams in the springtime as they're too heavy and make my skin feel weighed down, but using a simple moisturizer is not moisturizing enough. My springtime routine is to wash my face, then lightly spritz on my cheeks and mouth area 2-3 pumps of the depsea facial mist, then immediately pat on my SPF moisturizer. The facial mist helps give my skin an extra boost of moisture without making my skin feel heavy. It's also great for using as a refreshing mist in the summertime when my face starts melting from the heat. At $24 for a 5 fl. oz. bottle, it is on the pricey side, but I find that a bottle can last me for a very long time. I've only ever used the fragrance free formula, which I enjoy very much.

on 10/17/2008 4:36:00 PM

It's a great facial mist for giving an extra boost when you're tired and irritable. There are two scents, and I haven't tried the soothing ones (lavender doesn't agree with me, so I tend to stay away from those scents), but the energizing ones really do energize you, and your skin feels nice and smooth after it dries. Currently using Hamamelis.
It's a little expensive, but I think it's worth it.

on 6/14/2008 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really ended up loving this stuff. I got it in orange blossom and all though I was expecting more of an orange scent its pleasent and nice smelling. It really really does help your moisturizer go on better if you spritz before. I use it only in the morning since its pretty expensive and thats when I want my skin to look its smoothest. I dont know if its a coincidence but since I started using this I have had no flakies (which I usually do since I use so many acne products) and have been getting a lot of compliments on my skin. :)
Like others have said, I don't know if its an absolute necessity but I will keep buying in fact I just ordered rose and can't wait to get it!

on 12/6/2005 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Finally plunked down my cash for this. Used to use Evian Brumisateur before makeup application. But this seems to work better in prepping skin for moisturizer, primer and foundation. Smells great, too (I got the Mint). I like that the nozzle sprays a very nice, fine spray. I end up with droplets of water with Evian. Will get Lavender next.

on 11/10/2004 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had this product in Rose...I thought it was supposed to be a nice, refreshing mist, but for me it is like a huge, sort of hard spray. The scent is nice, not overwhelmingly rose, and it is refreshing...I just don't use it enough.

Popular Face Skincare Products