Shu Uemura Depsea water

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Shu Uemura Depsea water

sea water , methylparaben , linalool , parfum / fragrance,

on 1/31/2013 6:04:00 AM

I love the rose mist and have done for a while now. Its handy to put some into a travel-sized bottle in general but especially when you're facing a longhaul flight..

on 9/30/2012 7:38:00 PM

i got the rose mist as a gift with purchase today and while tonight is the first time using it, i must say it is highly moisterizing. normally the clarisonic dries out my skin and leaves me with a tight feeling and i need to pretty much slather cream over my face to get rid of the tight feeling. tonight after i "mia'd" i spritzed my face with the rose mist and then added a pearl size of my night cream on top. i must say it do not have that tight feeling right now. so far so good.

on 4/5/2012 4:38:00 AM

Performance: Used as make up mist and found it quite refreshing. After using oil blotting paper to remove excess oil on make up face, i will use this water to moist up the skin. Skin immediately feel the sensation of coolness and rehydrated.

Texture: Very fine mist that covers most of the skin easily

Scent: (in lavender) not overwhelming

Worthiness: It is just a marine water with some paraben and fragrance. However, it is quite amazing that it make skin feel cool in hot weather. I wonder if normal tap water did that too? Will repurchase because I like how it feels on my skin. But in the meanwhile i will like to try other brand (this is my 1st time using mist)

I got this in the lavender scent and it's a very pleasant smell that is not too strong. The scent goes away really fast so it shouldn't be much of an issue. I know that the product says to use it before moisturizer, but I use it at the end of my skincare routine. Before I used this product I would end up kind of sticky and wait it out to absorb into my skin. After I used the spray, the stickiness went away right away at the end of my routine. This product is great. I could've managed without it before, but now that I tried it, I refuse to go on without it!

on 5/12/2010 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is absolutely ridiculous. It is very very expensive water that does nothing, nothing for the skin. Don't buy in the hype. it doesn't make sense at all.

I love the bottle and the beautiful colors. That being said, this is not an extraordinary product, but a lovely indulgence all the same. The fragrances are extremely light and do not linger. The mist is perfect...not too heavy and quite refreshing.

on 1/23/2010 5:59:00 PM

Packaging-ok. Would be nice to be able to have the option to pour OR mist like FRESH's Rose Marigold.
Price ok for what you get.
I bought 3 diff ones. SA was insistent I needed all of them but no way. Not when I haven't even tried 1. I'm still a moron cause I bought 3.
Hammaleis. The SA was so persistent about this one and apparently I have a problem 1. w/ enlarged pores and 2. w/saying no.
It is pretty irritating/drying. Don't let that stop you though. My skin is pretty much irritated by everything and witch hazel can tend to be slightly astringent. That is the general point.
I bought it in unscented. Doesn't do much of anything. I asked SA what the function was and she was shocked by my utter ignorance. Because your skin needs this precious sea water!!! OK THEN! I do think this would be nice to use to wet your eyeliner brush for dry shadow application since tap H2O will have chemicals and what not in it thus contaminating your product with who knows what.
I finally bought this in Chamomile. If I were to purchase again I would say this would be the one. The smell is ok, non offensive. It is slightly moisturizing and calming. I do not like to use it on my face and leave it there or I get big pores, congestion and break out. Nothing earth-shattering but very noticeable. I do like to soak a cotton pad w/it and use it to remove my clay mask before a shower.
It is also ok to put on my body if I want my body lotion to spread better.
Worth a try but don't be an idiot like me and go all in unless you really are a nut for toners.

on 12/24/2009 11:48:00 PM

I bought this for a very long international flight (17 hours) in order to keep my skin from getting too dried up from the harsh airplane air. I sprayed it obsessively on the flight and I must say, my skin felt and looked a lot better than it ever has on a flight that long. I kept on using it everyday, a couple sprays at night before moisturizer and I'm almost positive it improved the texture and tone of my skin. I recently started using jojoba oil as my nightly moisturizer, so now I spray 2 sprays of this water on 2 drops of jojoba oil and mix it all together and apply it to my face. It makes the jojoba oil sink into my skin easier, makes it more luxe feeling because it smells so nice (I have rose) and I'm getting all the benefits of both products. So far, this combination has given me the best skin I've *ever* had since before puberty! I haven't tried the jojoba oil without the depsea water, but I figure why stop if I found a combo that is perfect? I also use it from time to set makeup that looks a bit too powdery to give it a more dewy finish. All around a good, multi-use product. One lippie off because I always feel absurd for paying $24 for essentially water. But I swear it has magic in it!!

on 2/4/2009 3:17:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE the Shu Uemura line and every one of their products purely for the amazing ingredients and quality. They leave your skin like the fountain of youth and why so many people all over the world use them. This Depsea Water Spray is my all time favorite HG product. Alot of peopel msitke this for a toner which is not in any way. It is like Evian or any other REFRESHER sprays out there, however the ingredietns in this are soo superior in all the ocean minerals it contains like all teh other product in the SHU line. This water is the purest of anything you could ever put on your face and if only oru water supply from our faucet was this good no one in America would have skin issues. Anyhow unless your face is perfect (those lucky few) you need to use a toner(always alcohol free) that deep cleans and balances your face after your cleanser. Then I recommend following with this spray on your face. Then follow with your serum or moisturizer after which will truly sink in and work so much better after using this spray.

The real secret of this spray working absolute miracles and wonders on your skin is to not let it completely dry and while it is still slightly damp (you only have a few seconds) apply your serum or moisturizer and rub it in. What that does is trap the moisture from this water and lets all the amazing minerals of this water along with your moisturizers sink in to the deepsst layers of your skin. No matter what skin type you have using this spray in your routine will truly fix or make any problem better.

I have combo skin (looks normal) which is oily and blemish prone and ever since using this mist in my routine (applying moisturizer while my face is still damp from it) my skin absolutely looks flawless all day and I don't breakout anymore. even when I go out with friends all I wear is eye liner, mascara, and lipgloss and everyone I run into aks me what makeup I am wearing to amke my skin look so flawless and that is how I know this is my HG product in my skincare routine!

My favorite scent is the lavendar which is so relazing and refreshing. Love the bottle too which are so great to throw in your purse and take with you as refreshers throughout the day.

on 10/17/2008 4:36:00 PM

It's a great facial mist for giving an extra boost when you're tired and irritable. There are two scents, and I haven't tried the soothing ones (lavender doesn't agree with me, so I tend to stay away from those scents), but the energizing ones really do energize you, and your skin feels nice and smooth after it dries. Currently using Hamamelis.
It's a little expensive, but I think it's worth it.

Popular Face Skincare Products