Shu Uemura Depsea water

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Shu Uemura Depsea water

sea water , methylparaben , linalool , parfum / fragrance,

on 9/30/2012 7:38:00 PM

i got the rose mist as a gift with purchase today and while tonight is the first time using it, i must say it is highly moisterizing. normally the clarisonic dries out my skin and leaves me with a tight feeling and i need to pretty much slather cream over my face to get rid of the tight feeling. tonight after i "mia'd" i spritzed my face with the rose mist and then added a pearl size of my night cream on top. i must say it do not have that tight feeling right now. so far so good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm ashamed to say that I would buy this product again lol... it is absolutely not a necessity... but I love it to bits!
I bought it in the rose scent and it is beautiful! not too strong at all
Its really nice to use during the day when you want to refresh your make-up, or just over your moisturiser.

Everybody should just buy it from Strawberrynet because its heaps cheaper ^_^

on 2/18/2011 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Seriously, I don't know how you can extract DEEP SEA water into a bottle, but I still bought it after the reviews. I use it after applying my makeup routine, and it does make my skin glow because I feel less cakey. My skin is quite dry, especially around the nose & cheeks and the water seems to help in terms of providing moisture. I work in airconditioning all day, so that was why I decided to give it a try.
I purchased Chamomile (yellow), the scent is light, and doesn't linger on your face. I find it better than Avene water, which is supposed to have been derived from France spring waters(?)
I cannot be 100% if this ACTUALLY works or it's just a placebo effect because I spent so much $ on a bottle of water. I have used 30% of the bottle now, and I am not sure if I will re-purchase.

I got the bergamont bottle. It is extremely refreshing. I also want to try the mint for the summer, there is something intriguing about putting this product in the fridge , then using it. Some of my friends thought it was funny to see me use this for my face. it is also nice to freshen up your hair, or after a work out.

I love the bottle and the beautiful colors. That being said, this is not an extraordinary product, but a lovely indulgence all the same. The fragrances are extremely light and do not linger. The mist is perfect...not too heavy and quite refreshing.

on 10/14/2009 8:08:00 AM

This actually felt a bit greasy after application. Not the fresh feeling you should get after using a "toner". I can't stand the smell either. Gave me minor breakouts... As much as a fan I am of shu uemura products, this one isn't for me!

EDIT: Woops, that review was for the Depsea water LOTION. They should have made it more clear that this was for the facial mist. Anyway, I just tried the facial mist... It feels like heaven! Super refreshing :D

on 9/29/2009 1:32:00 AM

I was using the rose mist. I must say that this product dries out my skin after each spray. I don't know why. I gave it to my colleague who is sitting next to me.

on 2/4/2009 3:17:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE the Shu Uemura line and every one of their products purely for the amazing ingredients and quality. They leave your skin like the fountain of youth and why so many people all over the world use them. This Depsea Water Spray is my all time favorite HG product. Alot of peopel msitke this for a toner which is not in any way. It is like Evian or any other REFRESHER sprays out there, however the ingredietns in this are soo superior in all the ocean minerals it contains like all teh other product in the SHU line. This water is the purest of anything you could ever put on your face and if only oru water supply from our faucet was this good no one in America would have skin issues. Anyhow unless your face is perfect (those lucky few) you need to use a toner(always alcohol free) that deep cleans and balances your face after your cleanser. Then I recommend following with this spray on your face. Then follow with your serum or moisturizer after which will truly sink in and work so much better after using this spray.

The real secret of this spray working absolute miracles and wonders on your skin is to not let it completely dry and while it is still slightly damp (you only have a few seconds) apply your serum or moisturizer and rub it in. What that does is trap the moisture from this water and lets all the amazing minerals of this water along with your moisturizers sink in to the deepsst layers of your skin. No matter what skin type you have using this spray in your routine will truly fix or make any problem better.

I have combo skin (looks normal) which is oily and blemish prone and ever since using this mist in my routine (applying moisturizer while my face is still damp from it) my skin absolutely looks flawless all day and I don't breakout anymore. even when I go out with friends all I wear is eye liner, mascara, and lipgloss and everyone I run into aks me what makeup I am wearing to amke my skin look so flawless and that is how I know this is my HG product in my skincare routine!

My favorite scent is the lavendar which is so relazing and refreshing. Love the bottle too which are so great to throw in your purse and take with you as refreshers throughout the day.

on 1/12/2009 9:39:00 PM

I'm one of those people who said they'd never buy into the mineral water spray hype. It's just water in a spray container for God's sake. But there was so much hype around Shu Uemura's Depsea Water that I finally broke down and gave it a shot, figuring that I'd return it to Sephora and get my money back when (not if, WHEN) it didn't do anything for me but make my face wet.

It's been about a month now and I haven't returned it. And I'm not going to. I have to admit it. I like this stuff. I ended up buying the lavender scented variety. I wanted the unscented (because I have a finicky nose and sensitive skin and try to avoid scented skincare unless I know it won't cause irritation), but it was sold out along with most of the other scents and lavender was both the most appealing to me (of what was available) scent-wise and seemed the most appropriate for my needs (it's supposed to calm the skin).

I generally spritz my face with Depsea water before applying my serum, argan oil and moisturizer or if my skin's feeling dry and tight, but I also spritz my makeup sponges before applying foundation/tinted moisturizer to help reduce the amount being absorbed by the sponge. I could just use regular water, but I figure some of the Depsea water will end up on my face and I prefer not to use our (hard) tap water. It does seem to relieve some of the tightness/itchiness I get from my skin being dry, but it certainly doesn't replace my moisturizer. I do find that it seems to help my moisturizers sink in better and maybe calms a little of the redness in my sensitive skin.

It's not really a skincare necessity, but the bottle will probably last quite a while and I do enjoy the whole pampering aspect.

PROS: (1) nice, natural herbal lavender scent in the kind I got; (2) feels refreshing on the skin; (3) seems to help my moisturizer sink in better; (4) might help with sensitive skin irritation (I've made other changes in my skincare, so I can't say for sure that the Depsea Water is responsible).

CONS: (1) expensive for mineral water; (2) not really a skincare necessity; (3) doesn't completely relieve the tight/itchy feeling of my skin being dry (but it does help).

on 10/17/2008 4:36:00 PM

It's a great facial mist for giving an extra boost when you're tired and irritable. There are two scents, and I haven't tried the soothing ones (lavender doesn't agree with me, so I tend to stay away from those scents), but the energizing ones really do energize you, and your skin feels nice and smooth after it dries. Currently using Hamamelis.
It's a little expensive, but I think it's worth it.

Popular Face Skincare Products