MAC Cosmetics Matte Lipstick - Stone

MAC Cosmetics Matte Lipstick - Stone
Matte Lipstick - Stone

4.5

on 3/21/2019 7:40:00 AM

I am a forever fan of Stone lip pencil which is the best lip liner on earth. If you use it lightly it makes lips look so pouty! ❤️
so anyway I finally bought the Matte Stone Lipstick... Love it!!
I can be lighthanded or heavy and it looks amazing both ways
BTW i am light/ med skin, dark green eyes & dark hair and my sister is olive skin and Bronde and it looks great on both of us!
I can use it very faintly and then top it with Mac Wildy Lush plush glass... (now discontinued but any nude gloss would be great) or apply heavier for a more madeup look!
highly recommend!

on 11/6/2018 6:46:00 PM

This is something that will look amazing on women of color... It's a great shade but a little too daring in fair skinned people. It looks kinda grey on me, but I'm nc20-25, so it's not really for me. It's a great color, but not for me. Still keep it on my stash, maybe I can find a way to neutralize it one day..

I’m obsessed w colors like this!! & This is an interesting shade. Ever since I got my deck of scarlet 06 palette & I saw the lipcolors—be still my beating heart! The blackberry was amazing (dupe alert: Vic Secret Runway lipgloss) I wanted to dupe the griege (the other color) & I asked for rec’s on Facebook for the perf griege color (MAC telephone operators so stupid I swear I asked for a rec’d for a griege said I wanted to order & the girl said they didn’t have griege ffs they have blue & green! Smdh lost my money that day). But fb concurred that Stone was the best griege l/s & I have to totally agree! It’s a dupe for that color I wanted from that palette. I wear a full face ev single day which is what u need w Stone. it’s a little edgy *very* “in” a little goth a lot 90s I wear it w MAC stone lipliner I’m obsessed w Brown lipstick. This 2 swipes is bold, velvety matte it’s a bit similar to MAC antique velvet but AV is darker almost nearly black on me like Ariana Grande Viva Glam 1 lipstick another brown more reddish I don’t really care for [stone is more grey & lighter] but I lurve Stone. Sooooo Obsessed. This was sold out at my MAC counter so must be popular—I had to order online.

Obsessed with this colour! It's so in right now and I was worried it would look strange on me since I'm quite pale (NC30) but it is gorgeous. I use it with the matching lip liner and I like it best with a smokey eye for a night out since it's a bit much for the day. It lasts a long time though can be a bit drying and I find that it ends up in the middle of my lips after I've eaten, etc. but I just reapply.

on 8/23/2017 10:55:00 AM

Love this shade and the formula as well. About me NW20, blonde hair, green eyes, very cool undertones for reference. This shade works really well with my colouring. The formula itself is not drying at all. It lasts but not super long like other mattes. I find that with the lip pencil it does last a very long time. It's enough where I am very happy with it. I love the shade it reminds me of the 90's and it's a great shade that works with a lot of eye looks so I'm very pleased. I like to use this when I use my Naked Heat palette. The shades in the palette compliment this lipstick well imo. it's a great shade that doesn't dry out my lips at all. Nor does it emphasize texture on me so I'm very happy with this lippie. Definitely a repurchase for me.

on 12/18/2016 8:14:00 PM

Love the color, dislike the formula. I have several different MAC lipsticks, most of them matte, and this is by far the worst of them. It barely lasts anything, even after three layers of lipstick covered by thin layers of translucent powder, fading around the middle of my bottom lip after about 15 minutes, which is unusual and disappointing for a MAC product. I've been solving this issue by putting on another layer of a neutral coloured matte lipstick on top of it, which isn't a huge problem, but alters the color slightly and it's a bit troublesome.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love love love this colour. I am an NC15 with blue eyes and it absolutely make my eyes pop. I get so many compliments when I wear this beauty, favorite MAC lipstick ever. I love the 90s Vibe it brings 😍

on 4/5/2016 12:33:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was intrigued by the greige and nude lip colours for awhile now, so I figured why not? Although, on most people it would appear like corpse lips, on my NC30-45 skin tone it doesn't look half bad. It's a very interesting shade and not one that most people would like to wear but I am usually draw to the strange and unusual, as I myself am strange and unusual. I usually just wear the lipstick with eye liner on my eyes.
For this lipstick, I use it in conjunction with the MAC prep & prime, stone lip liner. It does last a bit longer with these extra steps but the middle of the lips do need to be touched up after drinking or eating.
Overall, I do enjoy this lipstick and would repurchase if i finished the tube.

on 11/24/2015 3:29:00 PM

I didn't think this would look good on me but it does. For reference I have medium olive skin (runs cool in winter, warmer in summer) and dark hair/eyes. It's a unique (some might say scary...) deep brownish taupe shade but I really think a lot of ladies and gents could pull it off.

In my opinion this looks best with a medium to full face of makeup. You don't necessarily have to cake it on, but a little balance on the eyes and cheeks takes the look from 'holy weird lipstick' to 'damn she's working that weird lipstick.' I like it with a little contour, a done eye, and not-too-matte skin. However, you do you.

The formula is a rough one though...Stone applies creamy-matte and opaque, but it's one of the chalkier MAC mattes and it's pretty high-maintenance. Highly recommend a liner, either MAC Stone or the NYX dupe. I still haven't picked one of those up and have been using a matchy eyeliner but I definitely need to upgrade. Back to the lipstick - if it doesn't fade quickly, it'll dry your lips right up and look like garbage. So be aware of these caveats! Even so, it looks SURPRISINGLY GOOD and you should at least try it on next time you're at MAC :)

on 11/7/2015 5:25:00 PM

Pretty color I fell in love with styled in sepia and since it was LE I now purchase stone as a replacement it looks good on all skin tones.