MAC Whirl Matte Lipstick

Whirl Matte LipstickWhirl Matte Lipstick

4.3

on 1/16/2018 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

just tried a tube of this in the "baby MAC" offerings. nice-sized mini for $10. LOVING this color on my lips! i have lips that are two different colors (upper lip is deep mauve and bottom lip is a watermelony-pink/brown). whirl is a beautiful neutral on me and acts as a perfect nude for my NC45 caramel brown complexion. it's a matte formula ... i would prefer it in a creme sheen, but it isn't overly drying. nice color for us brown women! will definitely have this in my arsenal from now on.

on 10/30/2017 9:38:00 AM

I love this shade to me it reminds me of a 90’s colour I used to wear. About me NW20, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones for reference. Whirl goes so well with my skintone. The lipstick itself isn’t drying on my lips and it lasts. This shade also makes my eyes stand out. I really like the formula it’s pigmented and for a good lippie I don’t think the price is too bad at all. I think this will be a great shade for me for Fall/Winter as well because it will be a nice shade to wear when I’m not wearing berry colours. Very happy with this lippie I also like to use this with the liner it lasts so long that way. Recommended.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I had high hopes for this colour as I was looking for a low-maintenance nude lipstick (i.e. no lip liner req'd) and read all the rave reviews for it. While I like the matte texture of it and don't find it too drying, it washes out my NW35 skin and makes me look a bit corpse-ish. Taupe is a better colour for me.

on 5/15/2017 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A great slightly pink-nude for my NC45 skin complexion, I'm so glad it doesn't wash me out. It's a tad drying, so before I start my makeup routine I put on some lip balm since I always do my lipstick last. The price of MAC lipsticks keep going up which makes me a little hesitant to buy more products from them but I really do enjoy this lipstick for everyday wear. This color on my skin tone is a perfect everyday, my lips but better color.

The SA at the Times Square store recommended this for me when I asked for a nude-ish lipstick. For reference, I am about NC20-25 with dark hair and eyes.

Unfortunately, if I wear Whirl full strength, it looks like a 1990's rum raisin shade on me... not at all nude. My lips are naturally quite pink, and I do not get any of the pink tones in this lipstick... it pulls really brown.

Anyway, I haven't decided if I wanted to keep it, or if I should just return/exchange for something more suitable.

on 5/2/2017 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought whirl lipstick hoping it would give me the same shade as the pencil, unfortunately on me it doesn't. It appears darker, more brown and too intense. It looks lovely for a night out but I prefer the pencil's shade for a daily look. I won't be repurchasing as taupe gives me the same dark intense look but not as dark as whirl lipstick. For reference I'm tanned with warm skin tone and pigmented lips.

on 3/29/2017 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

So glad I stumbled across this lipstick. I'm south Asian, so my dark skin doesn't take many colours well. I generally go for red's and dark pinks but I needed a natural looking soft colour to wear during the day. This one is the best! In terms of colour, if your dark, it doesn't wash out your face. Its neutral with a touch of pink.
I don't need to comment on MAC lipsticks because we all know they are far superior to others. This is my 2nd MAC colour and I have only tried their matte range. Staying power is great, lasts a long time, even after eating and drinking. A tip that was given to me by one of the MUA is to line your whole lip with the lip liner prior to applying the makeup. it gives a smooth finish and the lipstick last longer. The mac lip primer helps too!

This has been my go to lipstick on a daily basis! It has its own spot in my purse. This is the color i go for when im on a only mascara and brows kinda day! I love it! Like other mac matte lipsticks that i own, the formula is matte but comfortable and has a good staying power! Even though it is more on the pricier side i would totally justify it because you get what you pay for which is a good quality lipstick! I hope i would never run out, but when i do i will repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can't say enough good things about this lipstick. I love everything about it - texture, pigmentation, staying power. I am sure it can fit any skintone perfectly. It is a nice darker nude for every day look. It's my go to whenever I can't decide what to wear.

on 1/17/2017 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This lipstick is a great nude-brown-pink shade for everyday and suits a variety of skin tones, but ... it pulls slightly grey on my lips if i do not wear a mauve lip liner on my lips and therefore i do not think i will repurchase as with the pinky lip liner it looks great for everyday, no makeup days and with a wing this just looks heavenly ,but i'd rather not have to wear a lip liner on my lips every time i wear this as it is unflattering without it. Plus, i have found a more flattering alternative in kat von d lolita which is also a brown dirty rose colour ,but more flattering ,matte and longlasting