essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect

Filtered by eye Color : Green
essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect
Lash Princess False Lash EffectLash Princess False Lash Effect

3.5

AQUA (WATER), CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), PARAFFIN, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PALMITIC ACID, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, POLYBUTENE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, STEARIC ACID, CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE, POLYESTER-4, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, TOCOPHEROL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PHENOXYETHANOL, POTASSIUM SORBATE, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).
[Discontinued in some countries.]
essence reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Can't say enough about how good this is for a $4 mascara! It reminds me of Lancôme definicils... BUY it!!! Lengthening and no running

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

My general go to mascara for day and night.
Pros:
* very cheap, $4-6AUD depending where you go
* very black formula
* increases volume
* cute packaging
* i appreciate the densely packed wand

Cons:
* doesn't hold a curl- my lashes definitely drop after applying this, the formula isn't light
* i only use this on my top lashes as it is prone to smudging on the lower lash line

I love this mascara and it's super cheap

on 3/9/2018 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Mehhh... I had heard so many people rave about this, and this was perpetually sold out everywhere, so when I spotted one in my local DS I grabbed it. For a minute I was hoping that this would be a good dupe for my much beloved So Intense by Sisley, but unfortunately for me this isn't the case... Packaging is practical & cute and holds a full 12ml, so no fault in that. The brush is basic and the colour is very black. Texture is very wet and thick. BUT: this clumps like hell. This is, what I like to call, a hard-work mascara. Yes, you can get a decent effect (BIG volume!) but it takes soooo long and soooo much work. Too long & too much IMHO. I even let it dry up for a few weeks but to no avail... And it crumbles quite a bit, I find black flecks everywhere when I have this on.

on 11/11/2017 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Given all the online hype about this mascara, I was fully prepared to fall in love with it. Which is why I'm so disappointed that it just didn't work for me, at all!

The mascara itself has a really, really, REALLY thick consistency meaning I did get noticeable results on first application. However, it takes an absolute age to dry and any subsequent applications just made my eyelashes clump together in a very unattractive and annoying way. The brush is a good size - not too big, not too small - but the consistency of the mascara meant it had a tendency to clump up at the end of the wand, making application at the inner corner of my eyes almost impossible without transferring quite a lot of product onto my skin.

The other issue with this is how much it smudges and transfers. Each time I wore it I wound up with serious panda eyes by mid-afternoon and it would also start to flake, which would then get into my eyes and irritate them. The result of this, of course, was that I would then rub my eyes which just made the panda eyes worse!

Finally, this was an absolute nightmare to remove. Even my go-to micellar water (Bioderma) which I can usually rely on to get most makeup off, struggled with this. It doesn't so much come off smoothly and cleanly as smear all over your face, leaving nasty black mascara trails which are difficult to wash off too. I took to using the micellar water as a first cleanse, then going on in with a cleansing balm, before finally going back in with the micellar water to make sure it had all been removed.

If you love very false, very black, very thick looking eyelashes and don't mind the very real possibility of smudging and transfer, then give this a go. At £3.30 it's certainly not going to break the bank, but in my opinion it's a total waste of money as you have to use twice as many cleansing products to remove it at the end of the day.

on 10/23/2017 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

UPDATE: I felt the need to come back and add on to my review. I've noticed my lashes falling out with this stuff, much more than the occasional fallout. This stuff is SO DIFFICULT to remove. I find myself trying to remove it before and after I wash my face. One of my eyes is much more sparse than the other and mascara doesn't apply well to it. That is the same eye I notice lashes falling out every time I try to remove it. I don't have this issue with other mascaras I have. I've given it a break and come back to this more than once and still have the same issue. This mascara is ruining my lashes.
-------------------------------------------------------
This mascara gives my lashes good volume and great length. One of the things I'm picky about is if a mascara can give me a tightlined look at the base of my lashes. I'm happy to say this does that for me with one coat. However, this mascara can get spidery in a hurry. I can do two coats, but any more than that and it looks clumpy leavings those little balls/clumps at the tip of my lashes. I have to be mindful of how I am applying and I can get nice separated full lashes. Especially at the outer corner of my eyes. The black pigmentation is great and makes my eyes pop. It lasts all day on me and doesn't run or flake on me so I really appreciate that. Removal isn't the easiest. I have to take extra time and effort to get it all off. Overall, I am pleased with this mascara and if the rest of the tube performs this well, I will probably be purchasing this again over the more expensive brands I've bought.

on 7/14/2017 10:24:00 AM

While I like this, I prefer the other lash princess. I always put one layer of Rimmel lash grow mascara as a base for any mascara. I apply one layer of this on the back of my lashes and 1-2 more when I open my eyes. I have a metal lash comb I always use but these mascaras definitely can clump if you don't wipe the excess off on the opening. Which I do and it doesn't bother me. I feel like this one can make my lashes look a little clumpy still and mostly just adds volume not so much any length. I felt like with the other one, in the black and orange tube, I got both. Still, these mascaras are $4 so you can't go wrong with at least trying them. No flakes or anything, but this isn't an issue I ever have with. Doesn't take forever to dry. I'll use this one up and either try another essence mascara or just get the other lash princess again. Paying $20+ for mascara is already unnecessary especially when they expire so quick but the fact that essence has great ones under $5 is such a win.

on 7/14/2017 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This mascara has rapidly become my go-to. For me, it offers volume and length -- just enough of both. For work days or days when I'm just hanging out, one coat is ample. I do comb through my lashes afterwards, but in all fairness, I have to use a lash comb regardless of which mascara I'm using. Two coats is more than enough for a night out. I like a few of the Essence mascaras but the reason this one is my go-to is because this one doesn't flake on me. If I'm outside sweating up a storm, I get very minor smudging with this formula, just a tiny bit on the outer corner of my eye. I find that I can just gently dab the pad of my ring finger over the smudge to remove it, so it isn't a big hassle and I don't foresee this happening once the weather cools off a bit. Really glad I discovered this one for four bucks at Ulta!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

At first I was a bit skeptical about this mascara due to the extremely low price. However, I was completely blown away by how beautifully it separates the lashes and makes them look gorgeous and flirty. I wouldn't say it has a complete falsh lash effect, but it does make the length of your lashes stand out - which is exactly what I was looking for. As I have very oily skin, I did notice some smudging at the end of the day, but that is normal for me. I will definitely buy this again because you can achieve such a great look without breaking the bank!

on 6/19/2017 9:20:00 PM

Warning: this mascara may ruin you for all others. It is gorgeous, but only if you like thick lashes with one or two swipes, and almost a teeny bit more on the side of "falsies" without looking extremely natural. It is 'natural enough' to wear to work in a business environment, and I am very conservative in my work appearance, for the most part. It wears well, and doesn't smudge or flake. It doesn't give that uber-over-the-top, blacker than average black that the top, high-end mascaras give (e.g.: YSL, IT Cosmetics, Benefit Rollerlash or the new one from TheBalm), but it is as lovely as you can get for non, high-end, and even rivals some of the high-end (like a certain over-pumped one from a favorite brand of mine, Too Faced). I think I pay $2.99 or $3.99 for a tube, so it is hard to believe that it is so good. Try it, and you'll quickly see what I mean. I only bought it because my boyfriend was with me and he thought the packaging was cute (I had him pick out my makeup for fun). I didn't take the mascara seriously at first before buying because the packaging was too cute and the price was so low. Wow! I cant stop using it and it has already been a year. I have a collection of high-end samples from the past few months, and they are all good, but this is honestly my "go to" favorite.