essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect
Lash Princess False Lash EffectLash Princess False Lash Effect

2.8

AQUA (WATER), CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), PARAFFIN, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PALMITIC ACID, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, POLYBUTENE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, STEARIC ACID, CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE, POLYESTER-4, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, TOCOPHEROL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PHENOXYETHANOL, POTASSIUM SORBATE, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).
[Discontinued in some countries.]
essence reviews, photos and discussion

on 10/16/2018 3:24:00 PM

I love the way this looks on my lashes. It is very black and thickening on me. However, it smudges like crazy, to the point I cannot wear it without tubing mascara over it. I have long lashes, so it smudges where my top lashes hit my brow bone. I haven’t even attempted on bottom lashes! If you have shorter lashes, it might work better with less smudging.

on 7/24/2018 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love the look that the Lash Princess gives - it truly is a false lash effect, and it's very black. But unfortunately it crumbles and I end up with flakes under my eyes by lunchtime and then panda eyes by evening. It's such a shame because when first applied it looks so good and the price is amazing.

on 6/28/2018 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

It's so cheap (£3 in UK) and had such good reviews on here I had to try it. It does make lashes thicker but tends to be wet and clump very easily so lashes always need combing after applying. I just don't have time for that so won't buy again.

on 11/11/2017 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Given all the online hype about this mascara, I was fully prepared to fall in love with it. Which is why I'm so disappointed that it just didn't work for me, at all!

The mascara itself has a really, really, REALLY thick consistency meaning I did get noticeable results on first application. However, it takes an absolute age to dry and any subsequent applications just made my eyelashes clump together in a very unattractive and annoying way. The brush is a good size - not too big, not too small - but the consistency of the mascara meant it had a tendency to clump up at the end of the wand, making application at the inner corner of my eyes almost impossible without transferring quite a lot of product onto my skin.

The other issue with this is how much it smudges and transfers. Each time I wore it I wound up with serious panda eyes by mid-afternoon and it would also start to flake, which would then get into my eyes and irritate them. The result of this, of course, was that I would then rub my eyes which just made the panda eyes worse!

Finally, this was an absolute nightmare to remove. Even my go-to micellar water (Bioderma) which I can usually rely on to get most makeup off, struggled with this. It doesn't so much come off smoothly and cleanly as smear all over your face, leaving nasty black mascara trails which are difficult to wash off too. I took to using the micellar water as a first cleanse, then going on in with a cleansing balm, before finally going back in with the micellar water to make sure it had all been removed.

If you love very false, very black, very thick looking eyelashes and don't mind the very real possibility of smudging and transfer, then give this a go. At £3.30 it's certainly not going to break the bank, but in my opinion it's a total waste of money as you have to use twice as many cleansing products to remove it at the end of the day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Love the product although it's wet it grabs the lashes perfectly and coats them evenly. Lasted me a work day (9 hours) with no clumps nor smudges. Lenghtens and volumizes my lashes and for the price it's an outstanding product. Remember to take out the excess from the brush and you'll be fine.
Recomend

on 2/8/2017 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This has been one of my most hated mascaras of all time, which is horribly disappointing because the price is right and the packaging is adorable.

I have difficult lashes, to put it nicely. They generally don't like holding a curl and they naturally point down a bit. They're average length, but not very thick, and they're blond (not white blond, but still quite light). I scoured videos and blog posts for weeks trying to decide on a new drugstore priced mascara to test out, and this one seemed promising. The wand looked nice, the claims got my attention, and it had reasonably good reviews.

Unfortunately, this basically does everything I DON'T want a mascara to do. It clumps (not in a good way), it weighs down my lashes immediately (I can't even got one coat on before my lashes look worse than before I started), it smudges, and it flakes into my eyes after a couple of hours. I left it slightly open overnight to dry it out a bit, but that didn't seem to do anything at all. I've wiped off excess product from the brush, no luck. I applied this both under and over waterproof mascaras (not the same day), after curling my lashes, and either way it had the same effect. It also gives my lashes a horrible crunchy feeling that hurts and makes removal challenging because it feels like my lashes are being ripped out, no matter what I use or how gentle I am.

This is a very wet, very clumpy formula, and I'm sure it works great for some people, but I am not one of them and I probably won't even try to finish this tube before tossing it.

on 9/26/2016 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I don't really like this mascara because it smudges so much. my HG mascara, covergirl lash bloom smudges a BIT but this is just crazy smudgy. The smell is also pretty bad, and i don't really like bristle brushes. After this I'm going to go back to trying rubber brushes.

on 4/9/2016 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is great!!! After a viral eye infection (gruesome) I have decided to take eye hygiene much more seriously and threw out all my makeup. (To be fair, a lot of it was ancient). Replacing the lot is very expensive, so I fell upon this super-cheap option after hearing a good review on YouTube. So glad I got it! Cute packaging, lovely, fluttery eyelashes and it doesn't irritate my eyes! For €3.95 it's a great find and I won't think twice about throwing it out in three months.

on 3/4/2016 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Neutral

Hm, I am not convinced. Bought this after I read the raves here.
Pros:
- does not sting in my eyes
- blackens my lashes (but that's about it, either I am spoiled by my current go-to-mascara by Avene or this mascara just doesn't do the trick for me)
- the brush is nice

Cons:
- smudges after a few hours. Funny thing: with this mascara, I don't see stains under my eyes but above on my eye lids. (Disclaimer: I do not have exeptionally moist skin.)
- The packaging. My inner snob felt strongly ridiculed.
EDIT: Tried it one more time (just to make sure we hadn't met on the wrong foot): build up is not possible. Far too much product on the brush and everything more than one coat results in basically one big black lash. I am sorry, but I need to take down one more lipstick. I leave two because when I had the time and patience to work with this, it looked quite nice (even held the curl of my lashes quite long, though it did not give them volume).

Conclusion:
This is probably an okay-ish mascara for the price that doesn't live up to my expactations. Also, it smudges. Won't buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I do love this mascara. It is one I plan to keep in my rotation. It is very affordable ($4-5 at Ulta) and works very well for such a low price. I think the packaging is super cute, but I really wish that Essence would seal their mascara so they can't be opened in store.

This mascara made my lashes nice and fat without compromising length. I liked that the brush is a more traditional mascara spoolie because sometimes that just works best... so many brands have gone to elaborate lash combs and gimmicky brushes but I find that the hundreds of little bristles have stood the test of time of separating lashes and distributing the formulas evenly.

This mascara is neither too wet or too dry but probably leans more towards the dry side. It's a nice rich black. It probably is one of the few mascaras that promise a false lash effect and gets close to actually delivering... very impressive.

My biggest gripes are:

1) It is very difficult to remove. Even with a dedicated eye makeup remover. I didn't like how harsh I had to be on my eyes to get it off and if you try to be lazy about it you'll still have raccoon eyes the next morning. Even after a shower. This stuff is intense. But on the plus side... it's not going anywhere while you don't want it to.

2) It dries out fast. I can use some mascaras and it seems like it takes months for them to dry out. This one seemed to go pretty dry within a month or so. It's cheap enough to repurchase monthly if you had to, but it seems like it should last at least 7 or 8 weeks.

Other than that, this is a pretty impressive mascara and I plan to repurchase it often.