essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect
Lash Princess False Lash EffectLash Princess False Lash Effect

3.5

AQUA (WATER), CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), PARAFFIN, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PALMITIC ACID, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, POLYBUTENE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, STEARIC ACID, CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE, POLYESTER-4, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, TOCOPHEROL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PHENOXYETHANOL, POTASSIUM SORBATE, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).
[Discontinued in some countries.]
essence reviews, photos and discussion

on 7/13/2018 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Amazing price, amazing quality. For all in one false look effect, I'll reach for this one. Doesn't clump even after several layers, gives a dramatic false effect, if I have time I usually use another mascara to seperate/ add to the effect. This one delivers on its claims while not a lot of other mascaras can. TIP: I have hooded oily eyelids, so normally wearing primer and waterproof stuff wouldn't even prevent any mascara from smuding. UNTIL I tried the trick of patting setting powder all around my eyes especially wear the lashes would hit. Works like magic, SMUDGE FREE ALL DAY!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Meh. Was hoping for more since the reviews were so good. I have short and straight lashes with a decent amount of volume so I look for more lengthening and defining mascaras. This went on clumpy. The wand doesn't help deposit product evenly. It seems to get everywhere when I apply it. It weighs down my lashes and loses curl fast. It lengthens ok and volumizes in a clumpy and chunky way. It does help to clean the brush very well before you use it, but why bother when there are better mascaras with less work involved. The formula isn't too dry or too wet. It smudges and flakes badly and I don't usually have any problems with Lash Blast, Lash Sensational, or Lash Paradise. The only other Essence mascara I've tried was the Volume Stylist 18h Lash Extension Mascara and that didn't smudge or flake as bad as this. Probably won't buy this again but I'll use it up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I mostly need a mascara that will hold a curl, doesn't smudge under my bottom lashes, and add a little volume and length to my lashes. The price is great on this at under $5 retail (cheaper if you can get it BOGO 50%).

Pros:
Cheap
Nice wand shape
Washes off easily

Cons:
Did not hold a curl
Smudged
Giant Tube, hard to travel with

The want is nice because I can get into the inner and out corners easily. It also added some length and volume and it was not clumpy. As far as consistency, it was right in the middle (not too dry and not too wet). However, this mascara did not hold a curl for me. It also smudged under my bottom lash line, where I did not apply the mascara. The smudging happened as I was blinking all day and transferred to the bottom. I will not be repurchasing.

This mascara is fine if you don't need something that holds a curl and will not be blinking all day.

on 11/9/2017 12:39:00 PM

Cute but bulky packaging, great price, and gives beautiful long curved lashes. Removes easily with Micellar water. It does smudge a bit, for the price I can live with it while I keep searching for the mythical non smudging, easy to remove, extra oomph mascara.

on 7/14/2017 10:24:00 AM

While I like this, I prefer the other lash princess. I always put one layer of Rimmel lash grow mascara as a base for any mascara. I apply one layer of this on the back of my lashes and 1-2 more when I open my eyes. I have a metal lash comb I always use but these mascaras definitely can clump if you don't wipe the excess off on the opening. Which I do and it doesn't bother me. I feel like this one can make my lashes look a little clumpy still and mostly just adds volume not so much any length. I felt like with the other one, in the black and orange tube, I got both. Still, these mascaras are $4 so you can't go wrong with at least trying them. No flakes or anything, but this isn't an issue I ever have with. Doesn't take forever to dry. I'll use this one up and either try another essence mascara or just get the other lash princess again. Paying $20+ for mascara is already unnecessary especially when they expire so quick but the fact that essence has great ones under $5 is such a win.

on 6/12/2017 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

My very first impression of this mascara is that it is truly amazing. The price is probably the lowest for any eye-safe functioning mascara that I can think of and for the price the packaging is so cute too. If the material of the packaging was slightly different and in a world where no one knew about the brand Essence from before, you could assume that this is a high-end mascara.

I've gone on by believing that I need to use another almost 30 euros on my Benefit Roller Lash mascara and upon trying this 4 euro mascara I've concluded that I am so happy I bought this one. I feel like mascaras are such a personal thing and honestly work different for anyone and I feel like both, with a whopping 20 euros of difference in price, each work just as well for me. I feel like the Lash Princess has not irritated my eyes in the slightest which for me lately has happened with other mascaras.

I will return to this review after gaining more experience with the product, but as of now, I feel like it does the job. My lashes look black, curled, separated (and surprisingly they did not clump at all) and the mascara has not transferred or flaked in a bad-looking way, anyway. It has also held the curl for a very good amount of time. Then again, I could be a lucky one with my lashes and a lot also depends on the way you apply your mascara and the climate you live in and also how many coats you prefer to apply. I usually apply one to two coats, so I'm not the best one to say on how it layers.

If you're contemplating a purchase, I say do it. The pricing is amazing and if your lashes are in a good condition and all, I do not really see a reason to pay much more for a mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a great product, with some caveats:
1) It does give volume and length. However, it has a wetter formula that takes a while to set and you can't comb out clumps without it flaking and losing that volume.

2) You have to let the product dry out for a while (open it once or twice a day for two weeks or so) before it really starts doing what it claims without extreme clumping

3) Not as black as some higher-end mascaras

I have longer lashes that tend to clump together when I apply mascara, so this was not the mascara for me. It does what it says it does: it adds length and volume in spades. I loved the shape of the brush. It's great for a "one and done" application. It's just not for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Ugh, not worth the $5. For background, I look mostly for lengthening in a mascara. This one didn't do much for length, was clumpy and stuck some lashes together, and for its grand finale, smudged on my lower eyelid in just a few hours. I don't understand the differences between the essence mascaras, they sound like they are all volumizing mascaras under different silly names.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

For the price, this is a pretty good mascara although I don't know that I'd repurchase. It provides an average amount of length and volume, but can get clumpy pretty easily - make sure to wipe excess off the brush. The formula is pretty dry which makes it more prone to clumping, I wouldn't put more than 1 or 2 coats or else it looks extremely ridiculous. This mascara is not water resistant AT ALL and can give some panda eye-effect. For the price, this mascara is not bad but there's definitely better out there.

on 1/1/2017 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My kind of wand. More on the wet side kind of mascara. If you don't like wet mascaras, let it dry a bit before appying. I love that it gives me instant volume with just one application! It does smudge, you have to be a bit careful. When I use this mascara I don't really reach for my eyelash curlers.