essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect

Filtered by skin type : Dry
essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect
Lash Princess False Lash EffectLash Princess False Lash Effect

4.1

AQUA (WATER), CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), PARAFFIN, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PALMITIC ACID, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, POLYBUTENE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, STEARIC ACID, CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE, POLYESTER-4, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, TOCOPHEROL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PHENOXYETHANOL, POTASSIUM SORBATE, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).
[Discontinued in some countries.]
essence reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Easily my favourite mascara and I have been using it for years now. I love the price and I love how it makes my lashes look. It definitely gives me the volume my lashes lack and I find that it somehow gives my lashes a tiny bit of a lift which is nice considering I don't curl my lashes. However, it does tend to smudge under my eyes after a little while if I'm not wearing any other makeup. If I am wearing other makeup and set my undereye area, I don't see any smudging whatsoever. It also seems to last all day which is super great.

Have already repurchased numerous times and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I tried this based on the reviews here. The tube is very cute and the raised rubbery printing makes for a good grip. That said, this stuff goes on very heavy, clumps easily, and smudges below the lower lash line after a short time, even if you skip the lower lashes (I use a different product on the lower lashes to minimize it). I recently started scraping the brush against the tube opening to remove some of the product before applying it in order to minimize clumps and flakes and to get a more natural look.

I love this mascara and it's super cheap

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

It's very inexpensive, but yet still not worth it for me. I've bought it twice and regretted it both times.

It's a hassle to apply. With the application process, you have to comb slowly and deliberately through the lashes or it will get clumpy and stick together. Too much product applies at once and can look spidery and very makeup-y. It's even harder to remove, with even an oil cleanser not fully removing everything. I've also lost quite a few lashes trying to get it off.

The big problem with this however, and the reason I threw it out after a few uses, is that it ruined my base makeup on more than one occasion. There are these big clumps that are half dried and fall onto the face while applying the mascara. Once they are on the face, they are impossible to get off without smearing black everywhere and ruining the base I spent a lot of time creating. No lash effect is worth ruining all that effort, especially not the spidery 5-lashes effect I got with this.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I. Love. This.

This mascara gets so much hype and rightfully so! From the first use, it volumized my lashes and made them so black! It has definitely one of my top two mascaras (with UD Perversion). It is not dry, but not too wet.

on 3/9/2018 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Mehhh... I had heard so many people rave about this, and this was perpetually sold out everywhere, so when I spotted one in my local DS I grabbed it. For a minute I was hoping that this would be a good dupe for my much beloved So Intense by Sisley, but unfortunately for me this isn't the case... Packaging is practical & cute and holds a full 12ml, so no fault in that. The brush is basic and the colour is very black. Texture is very wet and thick. BUT: this clumps like hell. This is, what I like to call, a hard-work mascara. Yes, you can get a decent effect (BIG volume!) but it takes soooo long and soooo much work. Too long & too much IMHO. I even let it dry up for a few weeks but to no avail... And it crumbles quite a bit, I find black flecks everywhere when I have this on.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Great mascara, great price. Just knocked off a lippie since it isn’t water proof so I need to use a separate mascara on my bottom lashes. Lengthens and volumizes without getting clump and holds a curl well.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My HG mascara. I was sceptical about this mascara because it is so cheap, and whilst I'm not a brand snob, I've never really found a good cheap mascara. Until I found this! For the first couple of applications it is quite a wet formula. But it gets better with use! It lengthens and holds a curl. It lasts on me all day without flaking or smudging, but it isn't waterproof. One thing I did learn the hard way was to apply setting spray BEFORE applying it. If you accidentally forget, just be careful not to close your eyes too tight until it dries or you may get transfer. Extremely affordable, beautiful defined and lengthened lashes, gee I hope they don't discontinue this like they do with most of their other products!!!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I originally picked up this mascara because I saw a really good review of it on Youtube, and while it does a good job, unfortunately I won't be repurchasing.

I have Asian lashes that are a decent length but sparse and fine so I always look for volumising formulas and added length from a mascara is a bonus. The lash princess definitely added volume and length but I found I needed to use some techniques here and there to get the desired look. For starters, I would remove off excess mascara on the brush by scraping it along side of the tube when removing the wand. If the brush is overloaded, I find the result to be quite clumpy and difficult to manage. This mascara also does not hold a curl for me, so I always need to use a curl-holding base to ensure my lashes stay lifted. However even with the base sometimes this mascara will make my lashes droop a little when applied. The other annoying thing is that this mascara will flake and smudge after a few hours, I have oily lids which doesn't help but this mascara does give me raccoon eyes so checking on eye make up throughout the day is a must.

Definitely can't argue with the price of this mascara though, for £3.30 you'll be hard pushed trying to find another mascara that does such a good job at making lashes stand out. It's just a shame that the longevity of this mascara lets it down.

on 7/14/2017 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This mascara has rapidly become my go-to. For me, it offers volume and length -- just enough of both. For work days or days when I'm just hanging out, one coat is ample. I do comb through my lashes afterwards, but in all fairness, I have to use a lash comb regardless of which mascara I'm using. Two coats is more than enough for a night out. I like a few of the Essence mascaras but the reason this one is my go-to is because this one doesn't flake on me. If I'm outside sweating up a storm, I get very minor smudging with this formula, just a tiny bit on the outer corner of my eye. I find that I can just gently dab the pad of my ring finger over the smudge to remove it, so it isn't a big hassle and I don't foresee this happening once the weather cools off a bit. Really glad I discovered this one for four bucks at Ulta!