Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect

Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect
Lash Princess False Lash EffectLash Princess False Lash Effect

3.7

AQUA (WATER), CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), PARAFFIN, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PALMITIC ACID, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, POLYBUTENE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, STEARIC ACID, CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE, POLYESTER-4, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, TOCOPHEROL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PHENOXYETHANOL, POTASSIUM SORBATE, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).
[Discontinued in some countries.]
Essence reviews, photos and discussion

on 11/16/2017 4:43:00 AM

So close to being great. This mascara's formula is just a tad too wet and the application is a tiny bit clumpy. And after day-long wear, I do see some smudging under my eyes. Okay, so it's not that great. But it provides good length, decent volume, nice black color. For the price (five bucks), it really isn't that bad. But it's not as good as Jordana Best Lash or L'oreal Lash Paradise. If you're shopping for a drugstore mascara, I'd recommend either one of those over this one.

I wouldn't buy it again.

on 11/12/2017 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This mascara really gives lond, dark dramatic lashes! The only issue I have is it smudges on me. I have to wipe my eyes about 5 times a day which I haven't had to do with other mascaras, so it's pretty frustrating. It would be HG status if it didn't smudge.

on 11/9/2017 12:39:00 PM

Cute but bulky packaging, great price, and gives beautiful long curved lashes. Removes easily with Micellar water. It does smudge a bit, for the price I can live with it while I keep searching for the mythical non smudging, easy to remove, extra oomph mascara.

on 11/11/2017 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Given all the online hype about this mascara, I was fully prepared to fall in love with it. Which is why I'm so disappointed that it just didn't work for me, at all!

The mascara itself has a really, really, REALLY thick consistency meaning I did get noticeable results on first application. However, it takes an absolute age to dry and any subsequent applications just made my eyelashes clump together in a very unattractive and annoying way. The brush is a good size - not too big, not too small - but the consistency of the mascara meant it had a tendency to clump up at the end of the wand, making application at the inner corner of my eyes almost impossible without transferring quite a lot of product onto my skin.

The other issue with this is how much it smudges and transfers. Each time I wore it I wound up with serious panda eyes by mid-afternoon and it would also start to flake, which would then get into my eyes and irritate them. The result of this, of course, was that I would then rub my eyes which just made the panda eyes worse!

Finally, this was an absolute nightmare to remove. Even my go-to micellar water (Bioderma) which I can usually rely on to get most makeup off, struggled with this. It doesn't so much come off smoothly and cleanly as smear all over your face, leaving nasty black mascara trails which are difficult to wash off too. I took to using the micellar water as a first cleanse, then going on in with a cleansing balm, before finally going back in with the micellar water to make sure it had all been removed.

If you love very false, very black, very thick looking eyelashes and don't mind the very real possibility of smudging and transfer, then give this a go. At £3.30 it's certainly not going to break the bank, but in my opinion it's a total waste of money as you have to use twice as many cleansing products to remove it at the end of the day.

on 11/3/2017 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

OMG where has this been all my life? I've been a die-hard fan of Lash Paradise for the last several months but I'd heard mentions of Lash Princess on a couple of YouTube channels.
Since it's so freaking affordable ($4.99 CAD), I picked one up while desolately waiting for my antibiotics after an unfortunate trip to the dentist.
First off, the packaging is adorable. I particularly like the soft-grip handle. The brush size worried me because it looks so skinny - I guess I was too used to Lash Paradise's giant brush! But once I sweep this on my lashes, holy moly, the results are actually a teensy bit better than L'Oreal. Heck, it's even better than DiorShow!
I have a good amount of lashes but they are super straight and not that long. Lash Princess changes all that and makes all my lashes dream come true!
The only thing I cannot comment on is the pigmentation; I have black hair so I have no idea if this mascara is a true black or not. But in any case, I think I've found my new HG. :D

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Love the product although it's wet it grabs the lashes perfectly and coats them evenly. Lasted me a work day (9 hours) with no clumps nor smudges. Lenghtens and volumizes my lashes and for the price it's an outstanding product. Remember to take out the excess from the brush and you'll be fine.
Recomend

on 10/23/2017 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

UPDATE: I felt the need to come back and add on to my review. I've noticed my lashes falling out with this stuff, much more than the occasional fallout. This stuff is SO DIFFICULT to remove. I find myself trying to remove it before and after I wash my face. One of my eyes is much more sparse than the other and mascara doesn't apply well to it. That is the same eye I notice lashes falling out every time I try to remove it. I don't have this issue with other mascaras I have. This mascara is ruining my lashes.
-------------------------------------------------------
This mascara gives my lashes good volume and great length. One of the things I'm picky about is if a mascara can give me a tightlined look at the base of my lashes. I'm happy to say this does that for me with one coat. However, this mascara can get spidery in a hurry. I can do two coats, but any more than that and it looks clumpy leavings those little balls/clumps at the tip of my lashes. I have to be mindful of how I am applying and I can get nice separated full lashes. Especially at the outer corner of my eyes. The black pigmentation is great and makes my eyes pop. It lasts all day on me and doesn't run or flake on me so I really appreciate that. Removal is easy. It comes off with warm water and cleanser. Overall, I am pleased with this mascara and if the rest of the tube performs this well, I will probably be purchasing this again over the more expensive brands I've bought.

on 10/18/2017 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Wow. This is awesome mascara. It is actually fun to put on and see the transformation of NO LASHES on me to LONG LASHES! (I have short Asian lashes which are virtually non-existent without mascara.)

I've been buying L'Oréal Voluminous for a decade... but I feel that I get much much more visible volume with this mascara.

The packaging is fun with the rubberized outside, if you like tactile surfaces like I do.

It doesn't smudge on me at work. It did smudge a teeny amount during a soaker of a gym workout though. Overall it has solid staying power. It's $5 CAD, which is a less than a coffee and croissant = )

on 10/26/2017 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a pretty good mascara for the price. It gives a decent amount of volume an length to my lashes. It doesn't separate my lashes well, but it doesn't make them cling to each other too much either. I have never tried a mascara that makes your lashes long and thick and separtes them perfectly at the same time, so I can't complain about that. Unless you use a moisturizer that doesn't sink into your skin, you won't have a problem with smudging either. The major thing I dislike about this it's that it's very difficult to take off. I can't take it off with makeup remover without losing a few lashes. I have to rinse my face with a lot of warm water and sometimes I still wake up with mascara under my eyes.

I'm so sad that I cannot make this mascara to work for me, even though I had tried many times.

I heard so many good reviews about this mascara. And by 'many', I mean almost everybody (you can see that almost everybody here gave it 4-5 stars). Whoever mentioned it, loved it. So why couldn't I?!?

Let's start on the positive note. I loved the packaging and the price. It hold my lashes well and last for the whole day. I was really impress on that.

However, on to the negative note. It smudged. And it smudged a lot. I think that would be the only con for this mascara.
Could it be that I am living in Bangkok, Thailand, a humid country which (might) caused it to smudge? As well as, my oily eyelid?Those were my assumptions on why it smudged easily within an hour (...an hour!?!), even though I Never had this issue on any mascaras in the past.

At first, I thought I applied it too much. So I tried to apply it only at the end of my lashes with little amount, but it still smudged!
I tried not wearing bottom lid eyeliner (thought that might be the reason adding up to the smudges), yet it still smudged!

I could not continue using a mascara that made me look like a raccoon within an hour, though it hold my lashes beautifully.
And with this price, I could find some alternatives like Maybelline's and it would never smudged no matter how long I wear, or go through any kind of weather.

So this is a pass.