3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 days ago

Best mascara I've ever used.... After years of trying them all this is it. This out preforms my other favs (Benefit They're Real, Maybelline Lash Sensational & Loreal Voluminous and Telescopic)... My old favorites are great actually but Lash Princess is just the best. It gives me thick, super long, fake looking lashes... which is good since I love the false lash look but can't get the hang of applying them. My lashes are a very unremarkable length, not super short but not long either. I always wear one of those white lengthening primers underneath my mascaras and since I always do I'm judging every mascara with the aid of the primer. Lash Princess is the total package. It's way better for me than any of the other Essence mascaras.... The black and purple tube gives volume and lift but not even close to as much length. My only complaint is there's no seal on the package, otherwise it's perfect and so reasonably priced. Oh and something I always do with mascara is using body heat to warm it up prior to use makes it go on even better. I put the tube between my boobs or thighs while doing the steps before mascara.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

a month ago

This is a decent mascara only IF you manage to get perfect looking lashes after one coat. I find it almost impossible to build this mascara up without my lashes looking horribly clumpy and spidery. My lashes really do look long and voluminous only if I get that perfect one coat. If I don't, my lashes just become a mess that can't even be fixed with a spoolie. I also noticed that this mascara dries out ridiculously fast. I usually replace my mascara every 3 months anyways so I don't have to deal with a clumpy and goopy formula, but after a month I can barely use this anymore because the formula changes into a clumpy mess. The amount of product that comes off the brush is ridiculously excessive on such a thin brush, even after wiping off the excess. It's no surprise that this mascara flakes off onto my face throughout the day. I'm not usually fussy about mascara but unfortunately I won't be repurchasing this one, as the downsides outweigh the low cost.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

3 months ago

Honestly one of the best mascaras I've used. I've always stuck to WP to combat transfer from oilness that I get throughout the day, made worse by how long my lashes are. But I realised WP may have been damaging my lashes and causing lash loss because of how difficult it can be to remove (even with cleansers that melt everything down). I decided to try this because of how cheap it is and I'm so impressed with it! It stays perfect with almost no transfer by the end of the day and it's easy to remove. My lashes are volumised and defined, as well as lengthened (though I tend to apply mascara 'sideways' because I already have long lashes). I also love the fairly long and thin brush which is super easy to work with. I took a lippie off because I find it can clump at the end of my lashes if I'm not careful, but seriously for the price it's a minor issue.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

4 months ago

I LOVE this mascara because it's $5 and better than any higher end brand I've tried. And trust me, I've tried a lot. To name a few, Too Faced Better than Sex, Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara, Benefit Roller Lash, Benefit They're Real, It Cosmetics Superhero, Urban Decay Perversion, Thrive Causemetics, Benefit Bad Gal, Too Faced Damn Girl. SOOO MANY and they all sit on my dresser and I ALWAYS reach for this mascara. It goes on beautifully, no clumping. It's not a super wet or dry formula so it's easy to work with. I apply slowly and steadily to build up a few coats. It lengthens and adds volume without weighing down my lashes. I cannot recommend this enough.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

1.0

4 months ago

I don’t get the hype either, this has to be one of the worst mascara’s I have ever used. It clumps, smudges, flakes and also irritates my eyes. I look like a 13 year old that just discovered make-up “spider lashes”. Normally I use a mascara three months before I toss, even If I don’t really like the product but I can’t with this, it’s awfull!

About reviewer (358 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

from

4 months ago

I don’t get all the hype on this mascara. I gave it a week. I tried all my usual tricks with it, primer, curling, not curling, thin coats, thick coats, combing between coats, not letting it dry between coats, letting it dry between coats....it just looked clumpy and spikey, no matter what I did. I suppose if you don’t expect much from a mascara, and just want to slap on one thin coat before running out the door, it might darken and lengthen your lashes a little, but I want more than that. The only good thing about it is that it’s very cheap.

About reviewer (391 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal

HairBlond

4 months ago

This was one of the worst mascara's I have ever used. Heavy, Clumpy, flakes and smudges everywhere. I had heard some great things about this mascara and was definitely disappointed.

About reviewer (78 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

from

4 months ago

I am in shock that a drugstore mascara could be so good! After seeing so many reviewer’s on YouTube I decided to try it. I’m usually a Lancome mascara lover especially Monsieur big. This mascara is brush lets you get all the way into the root line with ease. That creates the blackness at your lash line which gives you a fuller look from the get go. It’s a wetter formula but I find it builds quite easily and all I need are barely 2 coats. It doesn’t break down with my watery allergy eyes and is easy enough to remove at the end of the night.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

3.0

5 months ago

This is the clumpiest mascara I have ever used without question. It also raccoons terribly by the end of the day. That said, it also is the most dramatic one I have. And it's cheap. At first I thought I got a bad tube. There is no other packaging and it would be easy for it to dry out or something in the store, so I got a second one. Also clumpy beyond belief. I literally cannot believe the reviews that say no clumps. I'm going to keep at it in case the clumps sort themselves out, but really I'd be surprised.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

6 months ago

It works ok. No clumping, smudging or flaking through the day. It's not the best but it's certainly not bad. My main issue is that I can't get it off with my regular cleanser that removes all other kinds of mascaras. They don't say it on the package but this is DEFINITELY waterproof. When I wet my fingers and gently rub my lashes it doesn't budge. Keep that in mind when buying. I will not repurchase because I'd rather get any other mascara that is more easily removed.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age36-43