essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect

Filtered by age: 36-43
essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect
Lash Princess False Lash EffectLash Princess False Lash Effect

3.7

AQUA (WATER), CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), PARAFFIN, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PALMITIC ACID, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, POLYBUTENE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, STEARIC ACID, CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE, POLYESTER-4, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, TOCOPHEROL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PHENOXYETHANOL, POTASSIUM SORBATE, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).
[Discontinued in some countries.]
essence reviews, photos and discussion

on 3/9/2018 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Mehhh... I had heard so many people rave about this, and this was perpetually sold out everywhere, so when I spotted one in my local DS I grabbed it. For a minute I was hoping that this would be a good dupe for my much beloved So Intense by Sisley, but unfortunately for me this isn't the case... Packaging is practical & cute and holds a full 12ml, so no fault in that. The brush is basic and the colour is very black. Texture is very wet and thick. BUT: this clumps like hell. This is, what I like to call, a hard-work mascara. Yes, you can get a decent effect (BIG volume!) but it takes soooo long and soooo much work. Too long & too much IMHO. I even let it dry up for a few weeks but to no avail... And it crumbles quite a bit, I find black flecks everywhere when I have this on.

on 11/16/2017 4:43:00 AM

So close to being great. This mascara's formula is just a tad too wet and the application is a tiny bit clumpy. And after day-long wear, I do see some smudging under my eyes. Okay, so it's not that great. But it provides good length, decent volume, nice black color. For the price (five bucks), it really isn't that bad. But it's not as good as Jordana Best Lash or L'oreal Lash Paradise. If you're shopping for a drugstore mascara, I'd recommend either one of those over this one.

I wouldn't buy it again.

on 11/12/2017 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

This mascara really gives long, dark dramatic lashes! The only issue I have is it smudges on me. I have to wipe my eyes about 5 times a day which I haven't had to do with other mascaras, so it's pretty frustrating. It would be HG status if it didn't smudge.

on 11/11/2017 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Given all the online hype about this mascara, I was fully prepared to fall in love with it. Which is why I'm so disappointed that it just didn't work for me, at all!

The mascara itself has a really, really, REALLY thick consistency meaning I did get noticeable results on first application. However, it takes an absolute age to dry and any subsequent applications just made my eyelashes clump together in a very unattractive and annoying way. The brush is a good size - not too big, not too small - but the consistency of the mascara meant it had a tendency to clump up at the end of the wand, making application at the inner corner of my eyes almost impossible without transferring quite a lot of product onto my skin.

The other issue with this is how much it smudges and transfers. Each time I wore it I wound up with serious panda eyes by mid-afternoon and it would also start to flake, which would then get into my eyes and irritate them. The result of this, of course, was that I would then rub my eyes which just made the panda eyes worse!

Finally, this was an absolute nightmare to remove. Even my go-to micellar water (Bioderma) which I can usually rely on to get most makeup off, struggled with this. It doesn't so much come off smoothly and cleanly as smear all over your face, leaving nasty black mascara trails which are difficult to wash off too. I took to using the micellar water as a first cleanse, then going on in with a cleansing balm, before finally going back in with the micellar water to make sure it had all been removed.

If you love very false, very black, very thick looking eyelashes and don't mind the very real possibility of smudging and transfer, then give this a go. At £3.30 it's certainly not going to break the bank, but in my opinion it's a total waste of money as you have to use twice as many cleansing products to remove it at the end of the day.

on 11/9/2017 12:39:00 PM

Cute but bulky packaging, great price, and gives beautiful long curved lashes. Removes easily with Micellar water. It does smudge a bit, for the price I can live with it while I keep searching for the mythical non smudging, easy to remove, extra oomph mascara.

on 10/18/2017 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Wow. This is awesome mascara. It is actually fun to put on and see the transformation of NO LASHES on me to LONG LASHES! (I have short Asian lashes which are virtually non-existent without mascara.)

I've been buying L'Oréal Voluminous for a decade... but I feel that I get much much more visible volume with this mascara.

The packaging is fun with the rubberized outside, if you like tactile surfaces like I do.

It doesn't smudge on me at work. It did smudge a teeny amount during a soaker of a gym workout though. Overall it has solid staying power. It's $5 CAD, which is a less than a coffee and croissant = )

on 7/14/2017 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This mascara has rapidly become my go-to. For me, it offers volume and length -- just enough of both. For work days or days when I'm just hanging out, one coat is ample. I do comb through my lashes afterwards, but in all fairness, I have to use a lash comb regardless of which mascara I'm using. Two coats is more than enough for a night out. I like a few of the Essence mascaras but the reason this one is my go-to is because this one doesn't flake on me. If I'm outside sweating up a storm, I get very minor smudging with this formula, just a tiny bit on the outer corner of my eye. I find that I can just gently dab the pad of my ring finger over the smudge to remove it, so it isn't a big hassle and I don't foresee this happening once the weather cools off a bit. Really glad I discovered this one for four bucks at Ulta!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a great product, with some caveats:
1) It does give volume and length. However, it has a wetter formula that takes a while to set and you can't comb out clumps without it flaking and losing that volume.

2) You have to let the product dry out for a while (open it once or twice a day for two weeks or so) before it really starts doing what it claims without extreme clumping

3) Not as black as some higher-end mascaras

I have longer lashes that tend to clump together when I apply mascara, so this was not the mascara for me. It does what it says it does: it adds length and volume in spades. I loved the shape of the brush. It's great for a "one and done" application. It's just not for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this mascara. I'very been using it for years, and am now loving the factime that Ulta has a two pack of the waterproof and regular formulas in a box so you don't have to search for a tube that wasn't open, as there is no tamper proof packaging besides the box option.

With regular use a tube lasts about 2 months. Once the tube starts to dry up flakes become a big problem. But this mascara is only $5, so it's really doing you a favor in avoiding eye infections.

To apply:
I first brush onto my lashes in a downward motion, followed by two coats in an upward motion, making sure I have corner lashes on both sides covered. Then I take a disposable mascara wand and run this through to pull out any clumps and to perfectly distribute product on my lashes.

Every 8-10 uses I run the wand through a paper towel to clean out the wand, or the end can get overloaded. This also seems to extend the life of the mascara.

This mascara, with liner built into the top lashes and a tightline from the outer corner to just past the pupil, provides a seamless eye look and creates an amazing depth.

It also works well for a more natural look. In this case I do a first coat on my outer corner and a second lighter coat from the outer corner to just past the pupil, always tidying with a disposable wand.

I highly recommend this versatile mascara. It's cheap, long lasting and so cute!

on 11/14/2016 1:43:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a solid, thickening & lengthening mascara. It works well on my fine, sparse lashes and didn't clump, fade, smear, or flake on me. It held a curl and the wand makes it easy to create a fanning effect. Your mileage may vary.