E.L.F. Studio Perfect Finish HD Pressed Powder

E.L.F. Studio Perfect Finish HD Pressed Powder

4.3

Silica, Dimethicone, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Mica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Polymethylsilsesquixonane, Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentaerythrityl, Tetraisostearate, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I use this and the loose version. Both are identical in performance. I have extremely oily skin but also aging skin. So, unfortunately I can't just slap on any face product and look great. I need to really find products that will keep my skin matte but not over dry it and exaggerate the fine lines I have around the eyes. I use this in the traditional way by setting my makeup. It does a fabulous job at setting makeup without looking cakey. However, I use this primarily as my face primer! It's been a battle throughout the years to find a face primer that will keep my makeup in place all day and prevent it from melting off due to my oily skin. Often times, I just gave up and went without. I can't put any type of emollient product on my face in the morning before makeup. I don't care what advisors tell me, my skin is just that oily all on it's own! I don't even wash it in the morning. I just spritz my face with a beauty facial spray and let it sink into my skin. After, I apply this powder by lightly blotting my whole face with the applicator concentrating on my forehead, nose and cheeks. After, I apply my makeup and again, apply this powder to set everything. I use a large fluffy powder brush to set it. By doing this, I get the best oil control and my skin doesn't look cakey. Makeup doesn't travel into my fine under eye lines either.

on 10/19/2017 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

this stuff is AWESOME! It works sooo well with my skin. let me tell you, my skin is oily as heck. like, I had to re-powder my nose multiple times an hour with the other stuff I was using, and it cost like twice as much. THIS is cheap, comes with a mirror, and the best stinking finishing powder ive used. save yourself the money and annoying powder breaks, get this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a weird skin that has dry patches and gets slightly oily by the second half of the day in the same places. The powder goes very drying, clings to every dry patch on my face, but it doesn't prevent shininess at midday. It doesn't stay long (not even 3.5 hours) and has a slight white cast on pictures. It's not fine milled and some particulars are larger than the rest.
I have no idea how comes that this powder strongly irritates my face, but it does. My face turns raspberry red and skin texture gets bumpy. I wash it off, irritation goes away really fast. There are no really harsh ingredients listed, might be dimethicone, talk or magnesium stearate, I'm not sure. It also has a lilac smell and my skin usually does not tolerate well the fragrances.
I can't say anything good about it except the fact that it's inexpensive and has great packaging. Total pass.

I really like E.L.F. small setting powder, so I thought I would try this pressed powder. Overall it's ok, but I find that it goes on too white to use all over my face. It's supposed to be transparent or clear, but it gives a white cast, especially if applied with the sponge or a powder puff. I only use it under my eyes now to set concealer and will use it up but not repurchase.

The compact is nice and sturdy, though I find it a little difficult to open.

on 9/10/2017 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this for my midday t-zone shine and it has not disappointed. I am very pale, so I haven't had any issue with a white cast. I apply with a fluffy powder brush instead of the included sponge.

It doesn't settle into my fine forehead squint lines or bother my highly sensitive skin. I absolutely will be repurchasing and am not on the hunt for an alternative.

on 10/8/2017 11:34:00 PM

I must be on my 6th compact of this! I adore this powder. I use a big fluffy brush with loose bristles (not dense) and sweep quite a bit of it all over my face every day I wear makeup, which is usually 6 days a week, and I usually get at least 2 and a half months out of a compact. It never gives me flashback, even in professional photos, and I keep thinking I've been airbrushed when I see myself in pictures! This keeps my makeup looking nice in real life too, and with ELF poreless primer and some NYX spray on top patted in with the fluffy brush I can do a beep test and still come out looking lovely! Just never ever use a sponge or puff to apply. Otherwise, this stuff is great!

TLDR: Cheap, even in Nowhere, Canada, helps makeup last, doesn't break me out, makes you look great in pictures, only apply with a brush.

on 5/20/2017 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great!! I'm surprised by this powder as most don't work on my oily skin. Powders usually clog my skin or look cakey, sit in fine lines or pores and just won't suit at all.
I found this and it was in its packaging and no tester. I bought it as I've been looking for a powder and it was a gamble.
When I got home and opened it, I wasn't hopeful, it was white!
It says that it blurs lines and mattifies. I'm 35 and I've got fine lines, oily skin, redness on my nose and cheeks and obvious pores. Thankfully I don't have a lot of spots but that's enough to contend with.
In my haste, I used the sponge that came with it, I won't be using it usually as I prefer a real techniques powder brush for powder. I wasn't hopeful
So I used the sponge, waiting to look like Casper the friendly ghost only with highlighted fine lines and pores! To my absolute amazement, this did not go on white, it is actually translucent, doesn't affect makeup and it does blur fine lines and wrinkles! I'm so impressed, I put it on one side of my face to compare and it really did hide my pores, I can't believe it. It also vanished the oil on my face without clogging or looking at all cakey. I'm so impressed by this, I haven't used a powder for so long because I'd pretty much given up on them. I'm pale so I'd been dusting with a lovely bronzer that seemed to work better on my skin.
This was definitely an unexpected and brilliant surprise, I'm very impressed with my E.L.F purchases. I would definitely recommend this if like me, your skin doesn't like most powders. It's worth giving this a try.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Wow! What an excellent find! I was in search of a good replacement for my Derma Blend loose setting powder - which I would have loved to repurchase. Alas, my high end setting powder was only a sample from an earlier Sephora Play! box and I was in search of a cheaper option. I hadn't even researched brands/reviews of any drugstore products beforehand. I just went with my impulse buy and committed to this setting powder.

Oh. My. Word. I'm glad I took the risk! I always set my foundation/concealer with powder. Applying this powder over my foundation/concealer was such a luxurious experience! Just as other reviewers state, don't apply the powder with that little sponge applicator in the bottom compartment. It's presence along with the powder is purely obligatory & not at all useful. For application, I actually use my e.l.f. powder brush - an old standby I've had in my brush collection (And an additional one always in my make up bag) for the past two years.

The application leaves my face soooo smooth & silky! After I apply my foundation and concealer my face is always a bit tacky. This powder is a true multi - tasker! It mattifies my make up while helping to further blur imperfections. Don't ask me how, I have no idea how a powder can do that. But this does! Holy grail product status, for sure.

I would most definitely repurchase!! I purchased this at Target and it was only $6. If you're looking for a cheap, high end worthy setting powder I would highly reccomend giving this a try!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've nearly finished a container of the loose powder, and thought I should try the compact for my purse since I get on with the loose one well.

I find them very similar.

A soft sweep of my Elf Complexion brush across this powder lets me quickly mattify and blur my face with or without makeup. It can catch on dry spots at times (around my nose mainly), but it never cakes up around my pores or settles in them. I can't say the same thing for all finishing powders!

Honestly, I often just slap this powder on my t-zone instead of blotting. It's much easier, doesn't disturb existing makeup as much, and can be repeated without looking like you have a build up (is this cheating?). If I apply 2-3 times a day I can get through looking pretty matte. I may still need to reapply foundation to my nose in the afternoon.

The only thing is...I could do without the sparkles. Seriously. I can see them if the light hits them just right. They aren't dense, or frosty, but they are scattered here and there. If you use too much you can look a bit pale also (and I'm fair), but you don't need much. Oh, and the back compartment has a sponge, but...whatever. We all know those suck. Never used it. Elf's retractable kabuki works well for the purse.

The packaging is nice and solid. It's black and sturdy with a mirrior, easier to use than the loose powder. Here you just flip open, brush, and close. Loose powder you unscrew, shake out, brush, and screw back on. I find myself reaching for the compact more because it's just easier.

So, this is widely available, affordable (ELF 50% off sale is when I bought mine - so 8 g for $4 US?) and gets the job done. What more can I say? Good stuff.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I find this powder to be a little dry for all-over application, but it is great for t-zone touchups since it goes on clear. The packaging is nice and there's no scent, which makes this a solid touchup powder for on-the-go.