Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Concealer + Corrector

Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Concealer + Corrector
Superstay Better Skin Concealer + CorrectorSuperstay Better Skin Concealer + Corrector

Water • Cyclopentasiloxane • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Glycerin • PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone • Butylene Glycol • Nylon-12 • Dimethicone Crosspolymer • Cyclohexasiloxane • Disteardimonium Hectorite • PEG-10 Dimethicone • 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid • Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone • Phenoxyethanol • Sodium Chloride • Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate • Caprylyl Glycol • Panthenol • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Ethylhexylglycerin • Chlorphenesin • Aluminum Hydroxide • PEG-9 • Zinc Gluconate • Magnesium Aspartate • Copper Gluconate /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 8/19/2018 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for a good drugstore concealer similar to TARTE

On that note this concealer works amazing for me blends well looks well definitely going in my touch up bag

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this about two days ago in hopes of finding a good, inexpensive concealer. For most of the year I am pale, so I only really need a darker concealer for a short period of time during the summer. I really enjoy Maybelline products, though I haven't used a drugstore concealer in years, I figured this one would be a good option considering all the good reviews. But wow, I really wish I hadn't ignored the negative reviews. I am currently 22 years old and have been struggling with sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin for the last 2 years. However, after taking medication, I finally cleared up my acne. Despite, some of the negative reviews, I decided to give this concealer a try. Keep in mind I have not changed anything in my routine, except for this concealer. When I got home today, I noticed that my cheeks with considerably red. I thought it might have something to do with a sunburn. I applied some toner to my face to unveil that I had broken out with bumps and inflammation ONLY in the areas where I applied this concealer. I also wanted to note that I noticed that this made me look extremely oily. Therefore, I would advise those who have sensitive skin to beware of this concealer. I really wanted to like it; it gave decent coverage and doesn't oxidize like other drugstore concealers. Unfortunately, this did not work out for me and I will not be repurchasing.

I've been looking for a good drugstore concealer for awhile, and kept being disappointed. I was looking for a couple very specific qualities. Something that had decent coverage without being thick, a good color that did not oxidize to orange, oil-free, and long lasting. This fits all of those and more. It is lightweight and never gets cakey, and never clings to wrinkles, bumps, or dry skin. It is what I call a "natural matte" finish. It is matte, but it actually looks like your skin but better!! It blends really well, and so far has done well with every powder and foundation I've used with it. It last long, and I've worn it threw hot summer days. It works good on acne and dark circles. And my skin actually looks better after I remove it, which is a huge plus! My only complaint is that the package of all the superstay products from Maybelline is different and I feel like the products and line would be more successful with the same packaging. All in all, my favorite drugstore concealer!! To me, this is better than the Fit Me one, just because it seems to blend better and go with more products.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have to give an average review as my skin reacted to this concealer which is a shame :(
After 3 - 4 hours face was red and inflamed. Coverage and texture is good tho, just have to continue my search for a cheaper alternative to EstΓ©e Lauder before they bankrupt me lol.

on 6/12/2018 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this concealer! I have been using it for years and will not try any other concealer. The formulation is light and silky, and offers full coverage without looking cakey. I covers my dark circles and my acne scars very well. I do have to apply a couple of layers for bigger pimples, but I really don't mind. I set it with a powder and it lasts all day. I do have to mention that the shade range seems to be more geared towards lighter skin tones, which is why I gave this product 4 lipsticks instead of 5. However, it is still a very good product and I would recommend it to everyone!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this for a while and I like it well enough. I use it under my eyes and on my pimples and dark spots and blend with a damp beauty blender. I blend my under-eyes first to give the rest a chance to "set" then blend the rest. I then put foundation over it and set everything with powder, or just set it with powder. It doesn't settle into my fine lines and it doesn't move through the day. My skin is also a but sensitive and I've had no issues with this concealer. It's a fairly thick liquid concealer, creamy consistency. Limited shades where I buy makeup but I'm not sure if that's the brand or the store.

I was started to get a little 'meh' about this concealer's coverage, because I work under harsh lights surrounded by mirrors so I will eventually notice the dark circles under my eyes (honestly it's not even that bad I just get so critical at work, I doubt anyone else can even see them). Then I had to use a different concealer one day and honestly is was so crappy that I have a newfound appreciation for the Better Skin concealer and all that it does for me. My foundation is light to medium coverage so I don't think that my concealer needs to give me more than this one does, otherwise my face might look strange.

TL;DR? This concealer is great for everyday if you want to minimize your flaws and look natural. If you want your flaws to be completely erased, be better than I am at application (probably not that hard) or try a different concealer.

on 1/27/2018 1:34:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

I love this concealer. It is easy to use and has real lasting power.

When applying this I dot it on and use a brush or my fingers to blend it in. I follow that with the Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Skin Transforming powder and I am done. I do touch up the powder once or twice during the day, but I don't even think about touching up this concealer. It is there to stay.

on 1/14/2018 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Awesome drug store concealer!

on 9/1/2017 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This and Maybelline Age Rewind concealer are my favorite Drugstore concealers for under the eyes. My undereyes are quite dark and I have deep lines/wrinkles. They provide medium to high coverage with little product which is key for me. I find neither concealer optimal for spots on the face if you have oily skin. They will slip and slide and fade on oily parts of the face.

The Shade Medium/Deep is a perfect corrector shade for the undereye area on my NC 42 skin tone. I prefer Medium because I want to lighten the area, not just make it match with the rest of my skin. Medium/deep is slightly darker than the skin on my face, and Medium slightly lighter.

It doesn't make my wrinkles look worse if I just do a thin layer with it, and it doesn't clog my pores. I generally tap it on with my fingers.

It has a creamy, thick consistency that works well for me but not so much on my mother. Lighter textures work better on mature skin (50+). That said I can use it on her just fine as long as I moisturize SUPER well.

The cons are that it comes in a very limited palette of colors, its not long wearing on my oily areas (it slip and slides there during the day) and that the cap invariably cracks and breaks before I finish using up the product.

I would and have repurchased many times.

on 8/31/2017 4:24:00 AM

This concealer works perfectly for my combination/acne prone skin. It offers the coverage I need for everyday (I don't use foundation) and doesn't seem to irritate my skin or cause breakouts. I just wish I could buy it here in Sweden, right now I keep repurchasing it on ebay. If anyone knows any good dupe that I can buy in store here in Europe, Iet me know!