Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Concealer + Corrector (US version)

Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Concealer + Corrector (US version)
Superstay Better Skin Concealer + Corrector (US version)Superstay Better Skin Concealer + Corrector (US version)

Water Cyclopentasiloxane Dimethicone Isododecane Glycerin PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone Butylene Glycol Nylon-12 Dimethicone Crosspolymer Cyclohexasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite PEG-10 Dimethicone 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone Phenoxyethanol Sodium Chloride Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate Caprylyl Glycol Panthenol Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate Ethylhexylglycerin Chlorphenesin Aluminum Hydroxide PEG-9 Zinc Gluconate Magnesium Aspartate Copper Gluconate /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

I don't know about this stuff. I couldn't find my usual Fit Me at Target, so I grabbed this. The first time I used it, I felt a very discernible burning feeling. I dismissed it thinking maybe it was a treatment I didn't wash off well. Then today, I applied it and before I even blended it in, it started burning like crazy. I blended it in and the burning went away, but it still bothered me. Plus I didn't have time to fully start over. Later in the day, I took a picture and noticed it had settled into all of my fine lines under my eyes, and caked up like crazy. I'm 31, but my under eyes look like someone 30+ years older than me. Not impressed.

on 1/23/2017 10:43:00 PM

This is a great, affordable concealer. I picked up the color medium which reminds of light sand in my tarte concealers. It's a light/medium color with yellow undertones.

Pros:
Creamy and easy to blend
Lightly hydrating
Not drying/cakey
Wears all day
Doesn't crease horribley
Builds to good medium coverage
Works as a highlighter and concealer
Affordable and easily accessible
Convenient packaging and nice wand

Cons:
Must be set with powder to avoid creasing
Limited color range
Not full coverage

Overall, I really like it. It's in my top 5 from the drugstore for sure.Probably won't repurchase since I own so many concealers I need to use up. Worth a try!

on 1/23/2017 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This works well for me when applied with fingers and if I use the right amount. It's hard to blend with a Beauty blender or concealer brush. I also have to make sure my undereye area is well moisturized or this will cling to dry patches. A little goes a long way and it lasts all day. I like the end results but this requires too much effort for me. I'll continue to use it but will not repurchase.

on 12/26/2016 1:19:00 PM

this product is cool ,it give to my skin a medium coverage in the first aplication and if I want a full coverage I use a little more. works perfect for the acne scars.

All the shades are extremely pink toned.

on 12/18/2016 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I already own both Maybelline's Fit Me concealer in shade #10 and Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles concealer in Neutralizer (gosh, what a flippin' long name!) ...BUT I saw this one in shade 20 on clearance and couldn't pass it up. Not sure if it was "sale goggles" or the possibility that all the concealer/highlight/contour pics all over the interwebs are getting to me... My old minimalst self shudders but I digress... I didn't need it but I am glad I got it. This actually works quite well for me. I'm not one to spend time dabbing with sponges (too much cleaning time involved) so I simply apply a couple 'dots' and tap with my ring finger. (It's the gentlest you know...) I was impressed how well this melted into my skin. On me it doesn't look cakey or look like it's just sitting on top (which, by the way, Lancome Effacernes tends to do with me - go figure!) This looks like skin when I'm done. It doesn't completely erase the darkness but it does nicely soften and blur it AND stay put. (I've yet to actually find a concealer that completely obliterates dark circles but then all those YT'ers who appear to accomplish just that are 1/3 my age with the skin of a baby's butt so there's that to consider). Anywho, I'd have to say that amoung these 3 Maybelline versions, Better Skin is my favorite. All 3 have their virtues but this one did impress me with how nicely it melded with my skin. Interestingly enough, Better Skin in shade #20 is a hair lighter than Fit Me in shade #10. I'm roughly NC25-30 or C3/4-ish but I have been known to go a shade darker with my foundation so I don't look like a washed out frozen Canuck, and this shade is both concealing and brightening for me for under the eyes. It also doesn't crease into my fine lines, even as I squint to read this print...

This concealer works very well for me. I had fallen out of love with tarte Amazonian clay concealer, which I had been using for years. The shade and blendability were what kept me loyal but it shifted and creased after just a few hours. I picked this up on a whim, seeing BETTER SKIN on the tube and thinking of my newly emerging dark circles. It went on like a thin liquid but began to set after a bit. I typically swipe it on where needed and then blend with my finger. As I blend, it becomes thicker, creamier. I spread it out over dark areas, then tap lightly to blend. It takes a bit of time but for me, it sets beautifully. I then tap the whole area with a makeup sponge and set with finishing powder. For reference, I'm Asian with slightly oily skin around the eyes. This concealer lasted all day. I also did see an improvement in my dark circles. Now, mine aren't very dark and are not hereditary, so ymmv. But this has indeed helped to improve my skin from what I can tell. I've found a new favorite and I'm thrilled to find it in the drugstore!

on 11/21/2016 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This has fairly decent coverage it buildable but the shiny cast this products leaves make the your face look cakey. In addition to leaving a light cast, the product is greasy looking on my skin. It blends best with a damp sponge. Does not blend very well with a brush. Not a fan of this product for my skin type.

on 11/2/2016 9:56:00 AM

It covered decent, but made my under eyes look cakey

on 10/25/2016 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Favorite drugstore concealer. I like it way better then Nars radiant creamy which I thought overpriced and drying. This doesn't compare to my HG Bobbi Brown serum concealer which I adore for it's consistency and blurring brightening effect but that one is expensive so I like having a less expensive one on hand. I don't have hard core dark circles so I am coming from an older lady perspective. It's affordable and easy to find. 2 thumbs up!