Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Concealer + Corrector (US version)

Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Concealer + Corrector (US version)
Superstay Better Skin Concealer + Corrector (US version)Superstay Better Skin Concealer + Corrector (US version)

Water Cyclopentasiloxane Dimethicone Isododecane Glycerin PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone Butylene Glycol Nylon-12 Dimethicone Crosspolymer Cyclohexasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite PEG-10 Dimethicone 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone Phenoxyethanol Sodium Chloride Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate Caprylyl Glycol Panthenol Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate Ethylhexylglycerin Chlorphenesin Aluminum Hydroxide PEG-9 Zinc Gluconate Magnesium Aspartate Copper Gluconate /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 9/1/2017 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is my favorite Drugstore concealer for under my eyes. The Shade Medium/Deep is a perfect corrector shade for my undereye area on my NC 42 skin tone. It's also smooth looking, long-wearing(undereye) and has medium to high coverage (with a layer of powder between two coats you can build it to full coverage). It doesn't make my wrinkles look worse and it doesn't clog my pores. I generally tap it on with my fingers.

It has a creamy, thick consistency that works well for my under eyes, less so on my face (oily skin) and less so on dry mature skin. Lighter textures work better on mature skin (50+). That said I can use it on my mother just fine as long as I moisturize SUPER well. The cons are that it comes in a very limited palette of colors, its not long wearing on my oily areas (it slip and slides there during the day) and that the cap invariably cracks and breaks before I finish using up the product.

I would and have repurchased many times in medium /deep. Again, I fall around NC 42 in Mac. I wish the shade was slightly lighter, but it's fine. The medium shade is too light and I dont like the tone for brightening purposes either. I usually apply Maybelline Age Rewind in Medium on top of this concealer to brighten/highlight.

on 8/31/2017 4:24:00 AM

This concealer works perfectly for my combination/acne prone skin. It offers the coverage I need for everyday (I don't use foundation) and doesn't seem to irritate my skin or cause breakouts. I just wish I could buy it here in Sweden, right now I keep repurchasing it on ebay. If anyone knows any good dupe that I can buy in store here in Europe, Iet me know!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This concealer has really surprised me. It really does what it's name says. It gives you better skin. I bought this to cover blemishes. It actually heals them as it conceals them really nicely! I have no complaints about this one. A definite repurchase for me.

on 6/30/2017 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This blends sooo good and the coverage is great. My undereyes are very deep and dark and this really does a nice job. Only complaint is that sometimes i touch my eyes and then i would get a tiny finger print but it is very minor and it is only noticable by me. in fact the fingerprint is only in the corner of my eye so it really isnt a complaint at all. I used it all year and it blends so good with a beauty blender or your fingers. ngl there aren't many shade selections but i didn't have a problem with it. i compared to tarte tape and shape

on 7/11/2017 10:32:00 PM

It's a great full coverage concealer. Works well under the eyes to cover up dark circles. Doesn't crease at all! I grab it over my high end concealers.

on 7/22/2017 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I don't tend to like to use foundations or concealers on my skin - it's extremely sensitive and almost every time I've used a correcting cream or concealer I can feel myself starting to break out. However, after my nose getting embarrassingly sunburnt, my friend recommended this concealer to me and I've liked it ever since.

It's fairly easy on the skin. I have used it consecutively without much damage, but if I wear too much of it for too long of a time, my skin does tend to break out, but that goes with almost anything. I think skin types that are more tolerant would be fine in that respect. The claim that it actually makes you have better skin isn't something I'm sure of, but I think that if you wore it often enough it would definitely be better for your skin than other concealers.

The coverage is great. For my first time wearing a liquid concealer, it was easy to apply and covered the worst redness on my face with usually only 1 layer. I just used disposable makeup sponges and it blended very nicely. Though, if you wear it in large amounts and especially where pores are larger, you will be able to tell it's there. It works best in a minimal amount to avoid being shiny or cakey.

I would say that a huge pro to this concealer is its price and its functionality. It works, and though I'm not exactly an expert in makeup for the skin, I would say that after trying this you don't necessarily have to go out and buy an expensive concealer. It seriously worked wonders and at a great price.

on 6/1/2017 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I have tons of concealers from high end to low end and for some reason I still reach for this one. It has a great consistency, blends marvelously and does not crease. This is my new favorite concealer. I would definitely repurchase.

on 1/23/2017 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This works well for me when applied with fingers and if I use the right amount. It's hard to blend with a Beauty blender or concealer brush. I also have to make sure my undereye area is well moisturized or this will cling to dry patches. A little goes a long way and it lasts all day. I like the end results but this requires too much effort for me. I'll continue to use it but will not repurchase.

I don't know about this stuff. I couldn't find my usual Fit Me at Target, so I grabbed this. The first time I used it, I felt a very discernible burning feeling. I dismissed it thinking maybe it was a treatment I didn't wash off well. Then today, I applied it and before I even blended it in, it started burning like crazy. I blended it in and the burning went away, but it still bothered me. Plus I didn't have time to fully start over. Later in the day, I took a picture and noticed it had settled into all of my fine lines under my eyes, and caked up like crazy. I'm 31, but my under eyes look like someone 30+ years older than me. Not impressed.

on 1/23/2017 10:43:00 PM

This is a great, affordable concealer. I picked up the color medium which reminds of light sand in my tarte concealers. It's a light/medium color with yellow undertones.

Pros:
Creamy and easy to blend
Lightly hydrating
Not drying/cakey
Wears all day
Doesn't crease horribley
Builds to good medium coverage
Works as a highlighter and concealer
Affordable and easily accessible
Convenient packaging and nice wand

Cons:
Must be set with powder to avoid creasing
Limited color range
Not full coverage

Overall, I really like it. It's in my top 5 from the drugstore for sure.Probably won't repurchase since I own so many concealers I need to use up. Worth a try!