Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Skin-Transforming Foundation SPF 15 (US version)

(L) Maybelline Coconut, (R) ELDW Sandalwood

3.2

(Active Ingredient : Titanium Dioxide 1.53) ------------ Water • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Polypropylsilsesquioxane • C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane • Glycerin • Silica • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer • Sodium Chloride • Nylon-12 • Phenoxyethanol • 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid • Caprylyl Glycol • Panthenol • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Sodium Dehydroacetate • Disodium EDTA • Acrylates Copolymer • Aluminum Hydroxide • Dipropylene Glycol • Zinc Gluconate • Magnesium Aspartate • Paraffin • Copper Gluconate /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 8/1/2017 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is pricey for drugstore foundation as it retails for $19 CAD but since it is being discontinued, I got it on clearance for $7 CAD. I love this foundation because it is more gel-like than liquid and comes with a pump, as opposed to the Fit Me foundation, which is more liquid and does not have a dispenser. I have been using Maybelline foundation (Fit Me stick foundation) for many years and love it because it does not break out my sensitive skin. I have been using the Better Skin daily for 2 months and have not had any break outs. This has buildable coverage from medium to full. The gel consistency makes it easy to spread with a flat foundation brush. I find that I need 1.5 pumps for my entire face and I use shade 30 Warm Nude for my NC 30 skin. 30 Warm Nude, as the name applies, is warmed toned. If you are looking for a Matte finish, I would not recommend this as I find this has a dewy finish. The lasting power is great and by the end of the day, this stays on compared with the Fit Me foundation stick, which tends to wear off midday. I get lots of compliments on my skin when I wear this. This foundation claims to have skin benefits and after 2 months, I notice a visible difference. My skin appears smoother and my complexion is more even (and I had not changed any of my face products besides the foundation). So, I was pleasantly surprised that the product delivered on its promise of improving skin as I am usually skeptical of such claims. After 2 months of daily use, 70% of the bottle is still left, so this will last awhile. (Although how much product you use is also dependent on the brush you use, as I find flatter brushes conserve product). I have re-purchased 3 more bottles at the clearance price. I love this product and don't knw why they are discontinuing this. My best guess would be the original retail price is too high.

I cant say i really liked it or hated it. Frankly, I find it too thin for my mature skin, as it doesnt offer very good coverage. I must say that for younger women it could be very nice if youre looking for a light feeling on youre face and it holds up pretty well. Didnt notice any fragrance at all and it didnt break out my skin. the price was cheap and now its even cheaper as the stores claim its being discontinued. The packaging was great mind you that the shades range is horrible. Im pale but the first color was almost white and the second one was orangey...LOL !
Would I recommend? NO...unless youre young with already good skin that doesnt need full covererage and is looking for a sheer foundation-and lucky if you can find a skin match. Its not bad, but nothing special.

on 6/20/2017 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

AVERAGE and shades are off – I wanted to try this since Beautypedia had this as a 4 star foundation for under $10. I’m very fair and as usual Maybelline does quite a poor job of their shade range. I bought the lightest shade in Porcelain and it’s far from it. The shade is more like a Light Beige with yellow undertones. I had to use a foundation white mixer to achieve a match and this is just average at best. I have dry skin and the formula was fairly comfortable to wear it just wasn’t impressive. If you have oily skin you will find this way to moisturizing. I bought this at Target on clearance for $4.50 and I will still be returning it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ugh this foundation makes me so frustrated! When applied it's a beautiful finish, hides my pores , is matte but not too matte. When I combine Classic Ivory and Warm Nude it's my perfect shade. Then flash forward 5-6 hours it's fading away significantly and after 8 hours it's literally completely gone - leaving me an oily mess. I've tried different primers and powders and I still can't get it to last. It's good for wearing maybe on a day off or something - but absolutely not for a work day!

I bought this in Porcelain b/c it oxidizes. The color is about 2 shades too light for me and for about 30 minutes, I look like a vampire. I like that it has a pump, it has sunscreen, it leaves a satin matte finish. I don't use powder to set it. It lasts far beyond 8 hours. I don't excessive shine. I was not able to sweat in it. It went everywhere. I had to wash it off to keep from getting this all over the treadmill and my white work out shirt. It was soooooooo embarrassing. The stuff says it's sweatproof in the ad!!! Other than that, it's a good winter foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this foundation because I had heard good things about the powder that goes with it. The pros: it is $10, comes with a pump, solid medium-full coverage and buildable. Cons: slightly clings to dry patches (not terribly), shade range isn't great (in general I can rarely find a yellow toned fair shade at the drugstore). Overall I think it's a decent foundation for daily wear. It lasts through my 8 hour day at the office. I recommend applying with a damp sponge, I tried using my real techniques brush and it looked streaky and made the texture on my skin stand out. I would probably buy this again, I especially like it when used in conjunction with the powder of the same name.

I have dehydrated, sensitive skin and battle breakouts and hyperpigmentation, so finding foundation requires a lot of navigation. I still don't think I've found The One. So my skin is likely too tricky to be a perfect test surface for most foundations or bb creams. This isn't my holy grail, it doesn't make me glow or look especially lovely. The color match is a bit off (too warm-toned on me), but I can improve that with a dab of paler, cooler-toned concealer. It dries to a matter, powder-ier finish than I'm fond of, but it doesn't cake. It also doesn't fix my skin as the label suggests it might be trying to, BUT it does not clog my pores or exacerbate existing blemishes. It provides decent coverage, even if the blending is a little mediocre. It doesn't dry me out especially and it lasts the day. In sum, I'm glad that there's a cheap, drugstore option out there that I know my Tricky Skin can count on in a pinch. (FYI -- I have a very high opinion of the companion Better Skin concealer wand, which is a permanent part of my makeup arsenal.)

on 12/17/2016 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Combo, dehydrated, ultra-sensitive, very acne-prone skin. NC15-20/cool yellow/olive; Almay Buff, Revlon CS Buff, Lancome Teint Idole Buff 2 (W), MUFE HD 117

Nope! This did not play well with my skin at all. It looked cakey and powdery, never quite blended and 4 hours after application my face felt like a grease pit but looked like the Sahara. Coverage was decent and this make my skin look perfect in indoor lighting from a few feet away but any closer or outside and it was a mess.

on 11/29/2016 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I thought this might work, but unfortunately it was too matte, drying, accentuated my dry patches & scars badly, & it didn't cover redness or discoloration. The coverage was in between sheer & medium. I just looked tired & old wearing it! Plus, it contains "paraffin" in the end of the ingredients list! That is definitely clogging & bad for your skin. It's not even worth $10, so I returned it after only using it once.

Titanium Dioxide (1.53%). Other: Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Silica, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone / Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Panthenol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium Edta, Acrylonitrile / Methyl Methacrylate / Vinylidene Chloride, Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Dipropylene Glycol, Zinc Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Paraffin, Copper Gluconate. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 11/28/2016 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is the best foundation on this planet (i say it after using Dior, Clarins, Estee Lauder, many other department store and drugstore brands. Most important of all i used lots of vitanin C serums and creams that contain vitanin C - will say more on that topic at the end of this review. What i got from this foundation is a miracle to say the least.

First off the shade matches so perfectly! I am shade 25 Nude Beige. It doesn't cake, flake, settle into the pores or small lines, amazing coverage that people compliment as "radiance" (they don't even see it apparently), stays on all day and matifies while giving that radiance!

Now the most important stuff. I have a history of terrible cystic acne which left deep deep scars. I managed to smooth most of their depth by laser and peels, but still some i couldn't even dream about getting rid of. Also they gave my skin wrinkly, not plump appearance like something was missing between my skin layers. I lost hope that it would ever get better and was at peace with it...

Until i started to use this miracle foundation!!!! Let me just say that due to my work i see some people every week or every month. Every single time i see them, they say "your skin gets better and better every time!". There is nothing else i changed in my routine and i began noticing this effect in 3 days after i started to wear this foundation. It DOES NOT break me out - it actually calms my skin. My scars are all ALMOST GONE!!!! The baby plumpness and smoothness is coming back that i had not had in 10 years!
Those who say it does not make a difference in the skin - those people probably start off with a very good skin so they can't tell. But i can tell you - no serums or creams had cured my scars and uneven tone and texture as this foundation did. I now put it on all the time even when i am not going out - just as a beautiful skincare product! Got another bottle because i feared that like all great stuff it may get discontinued...