Badger SPF 20 Rose Tinted Face Sunscreen

No Image

4.5

Not tested on animals

Non-Nano Uncoated Zinc Oxide 12;*Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, *Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oleosomes, *Sucrose Cocoate (from Coconut), Leuconostoc Ferment Filtrate (from Radish), *Alcohol Denat. (SD Alcohol 38-B-Lavender), Microcrystalline Cellulose (and) Algin, Citric Acid (from Corn), Phenethyl Alcohol (from Rose), *Glycerin (from Soybean), Sodium Gluconate, *Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Oil, Tocopherol (Sunflower Vitamin E), *Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Fruit Extract, *Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Fruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, *Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Oil, Iron Oxides (C.I. 77492) (and) Jojoba Esters, *Lecithin (from Soybean), Sodium Phytate, *Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Oil, Iron Oxides (C.I. 77491) (and) Jojoba Esters, Iron Oxides (C.I. 77499) (and) Jojoba Esters, *Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract. * = Certified Organic

on 7/27/2015 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I adore this lotion. It's more than just an SPF. In my opinion, it's skincare. The ingredients read like a respectable moisturizer. The first ingredient beyond the Zinc is aloe juice, and it's got things like calendula extract, sunflower oil and seabuckthorn. Since its anhydrous, it doesn't need strong preservatives. Zinc itself is a skin-loving mineral. I've had great complexion results with taking Zinc orally and topically.
It wears so well, no white cast, just a hint of tint. It disappears nicely, no greasy afterfeel like many sunscreens. It also mattifies the skin, no shine, no grease. Even outside in the FL summer humidity it fares well.
I use this after cleansing, I use the OCM, so I don't really need to moisturize beforehand. The formula is lotion, just slightly tinted to offset possible white cast from the Zinc. It's a bit difficult to spread. Smells like roses. It offers the slightest bit of coverage, nothing more than a blurring or smoothing effect, almost like a primer. It dries down, no dewy finish or tacky feel. The finish is smooth and the smell doesn't last.
About half the time I'll add a few drops of Superbalanced liquid to add some more coverage. They work well together. Sometimes I add some Strobe cream to the mix with good results. I've also used this alone and under my foundation. I wasn't looking for a primer, so I don't have a lot to say about how it holds makeup on. But I don't notice any problems, and it really plays well with mixing in other things.
Love it!
But, some of the ingredients can be irritants to some people. So it's certainly not going to be for everyone. It's also expensive. I would repurchase for sure.

on 6/27/2015 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

For the first few days, I loved this product. It is light and non-greasy and the slight tint meant that the product didn't leave a white cast on my face. Also, know that the tint isn't enough that it is a tinted moisturizer or foundation. I think all it does is make your face non-ghostly white. They also offer an untinted version.

Unfortunately, the sucrose cocoate did not work well with my skin. I am beginning to think I cannot use any product with any coconut ingredient. If you don't have this problem, then you will likely find this to be a great sunscreen. Compared to others mineral, silicone-free sunscreens that I've used, I didn't think I had to spend a lot of effort rubbing it in. It seemed to sink right into my skin. It also has a nice, rose smell.

I think that it is a bit on the pricey side for a face sunscreen ($24.99 for 1.6 ounces) but worth it.