Maybelline ColorSensational Creamy Matte in Burgundy Blush 696

4.8

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought this lipstick today. It is so gorgeous! I love the creamy, velvety formula. This line of lipsticks lasts a while, and can be found almost anywhere. Such a lovely color. I bought this color to wear on the colder months, but I can see myself wearing it year-round. The color is a very dark, wine color. Application was easy, and very pigmented. To beat it all, I used a $2.00 off coupon, making this beautiful color less than $3.50. I would recommend this shade to anyone looking to delve into darker, vampy shades. The formula is practically fool-proof. Also- the lipstick has the classic vanilla scent of most Maybelline lipsticks. I only wish it was cruelty-free.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ohhhh, this is a great shade...great formula! I am currently not tanned and about NC15, and it is not too bold or too garish or too goth on me like many lipsticks along this type of shade family can be for me. Super-flattering, brings out the blue/grey/green in my eyes (depends on the day, they look different colors), and a great fall shade!! As with Maybelline lipsticks, this does have that 'Maybelline lipstick smell' but it is not really strong, it does not bother my sensitive nose, anyway. Great packaging, secure cap, easy to open and close, and the lipstick winds down the entire way so it won't accidentally get 'bumped' when you put the cap back on. It is not a drying matte; it is a creamy matte, so it is very comfortable. There is some transfer (not 'kiss-proof'), but it does not bleed outside the lips nor settle into lip lines like many matte shades can (for me). Does not get on teeth and does not make teeth look yellow. Great product; very comparable with more expensive brands.

You need this lipstick in your life. It's affordable, super pigmented, it has good staying power, and it doesn't dry out my lips! My usual makeup is sort of gothy, dark smoky eyes with dark, vampy lips and this color is just perfect for that. It looks absolutely beautiful with minimal eye makeup as well. This is probably in my top 5 of the 20+ vampy shades I own. I find myself reaching for it quite often and I almost always carry it with me in my purse. Love love LOVE!

This lipstick is life-changing!! When it comes to matte finishes, I'd strongly believed no one could beat MAC's. Although I still uphold this line of thought, buying my first Maybelline Creamy Matte has made me realize that MAC has some serious competition.

The formula on these is so ridiculously velvety. With a particularly dark shade like this, I naturally reached for a lip brush first for initial application, which I found strangely difficult due to how soft the lipstick itself is - it laid down well, but I felt like I had to paint on little strokes at a time, or else some of the product would move around and appear a bit streaky. But that's okay, because using the brush was only for getting the outline of my lips nice and sharp (as well as staining them with the color), and then I applied the lipstick straight from the bullet, and ah, it was heaven. 150% full pigment, 0% effort required.

These glide on like butter, and are so comfortable to wear. They're a little moisturizing at first, but even after that disappears, they're still a delight on the lips. i would say they're truly a creamy matte, which is such a lovely and plush look (my personal favorite finish), and if you want to mattify them even further, just lightly blot with a tissue to easily get that liquid lipstick effect.

I have been running around begging everyone to try these, especially in this shade. Burgundy Blush is definitely a little gothy on my fair skin, but I love it anyway, and so will anyone who enjoys a good vampy lip.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

At first, I did not like this shade so much because it turned out to be a dark plum color on my lips. But when I tried it again and built on the color, a beautiful dark burgundy color showed. I began to love it since. This lippie lasts a good 4 to 5 hours without eating or drinking. Leaves a nice, even stain on the lips.