Maybelline Maybelline ColorSensational Rebel Bloom in Rose Rush 735

No Image

4.3

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I went on a Maybelline lipstick kick & got 5 from eBay for $18 (cheap thrills lol). This is more of a red to me than a rose unless you count red roses. This is yellow based red. It's gorg I love it. It's unique I own like 500 tubes of lipstick & none like it exactly. That's saying a lot!!

I'm a devotee to Maybelline in general, but this is actually my first lipstick purchase and I'm very satisfied with it! I bought this as a duplicate shade for my well-loved Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte 109 but this lipstick surpasses the Rimmel by quite a bit.

It's a gorgeous warm-toned orange that would look beautiful with Summer clothes and gives a lovely pop of colour. You can apply it generously for a dramatic full orange lip, or dab it on for a very casual and daily kind of look and it looks great.

The colour stays put for a decent amount of time for a drugstore lipstick. I was surprised by how moisturizing it was. It definitely didn't leave my lips chapped even after the colour dried out.

(My only little superficial complaint is... how much uglier can you get with a lipstick packaging!! Aside from the completely unappealing packaging, this is definitely a very nice product.)

I've been wanting to try the Rebel Bloom line for a while, since honestly, who could avoid such pretty brights for the summer?

I recently picked up Rose Rush and Coral Burst, and they're really great. The formula feels tacky (in a good creamy way, if that makes sense, so it doesn't feel like it slides around on your lips) and adheres well. You can dab it on lightly for a soft stain, or just one good swipe for full-on pigment. I find the formula very lightly hydrating, and this particular color is a lovely and unique cross of red, orange, and pink; depending on your outfit and overall makeup look, you can help bring out any of the undertones it carries. I also really enjoy the creamy, slightly glossy satin finish it has - since matte lips are so popular right now, it makes for a very refreshing change.

Rose Rush is an amazing pick for the warmer weather, and I can imagine it being flattering on literally every skintone due to the fact that it isn't excessively warm or cool toned. *thumbs-up emoji*