Eau Thermal Avene Avene Cicalfate Repair Cream 40ml

Eau Thermal Avene Avene Cicalfate Repair Cream 40ml
Avene Cicalfate Repair Cream 40ml

4.3

AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA). CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE. MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM). GLYCERIN. HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL. ZINC OXIDE. PROPYLENE GLYCOL. POLYGLYCERYL-2 SESQUIISOSTEARATE. PEG-22/DODECYL GLYCOL COPOLYMER. ALUMINUM SUCROSE OCTASULFATE. ALUMINUM STEARATE. BEESWAX (CERA ALBA). COPPER SULFATE. MAGNESIUM STEARATE. MAGNESIUM SULFATE. MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX (CERA MICROCRISTALLINA). ZINC SULFATE.

on 7/21/2018 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had terrible allergy reactio to sunburn and this product really saved me. I applied it 3 times a day to affected skin and after 2 days I really saw the big difference - swelling was gone, skin was almost in normal color and most importantly, I had no hyperpigmentation as a result, which I was afraid of because of my previous experience. I also used this cream when I burned my hand with a curler to immediately help my skin and also I tried it on my boyfriend for his injured skin - no scar left after using it. I can really really recommend this product.

on 4/16/2018 12:40:00 PM

I had eczema on my philtrum (area between upper lip and nose) and nothing worked till I applied this cream. It cleared up within a week and had little rebound. It might seem expensive for a small tube but it lasted me till it expired.

on 2/23/2018 10:22:00 AM

Around my eyebrows and around my mouth is incredibly dry and flaky. Nothing moisturizes enough there. This healed the flakiness so quickly! My only issue is that it caused me to breakout. I love avene because it's amazing for redness and sensitivity but it's horrible if you have acne (which I do). I won't buy this again purely because it does clog pores like crazy.

on 1/4/2018 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This cream makes using prescription Retin-A possible for me. I love the results Retin-A gives me but the peeling and flaking are really annoying. If I use the Cicalfate every third or fourth day over a ceramide based serum and I tolerate the Retin-A on the other days with just a light moisturizer on top after leaving it on alone for an hour or two. This is what works best for me and gets me amazing results. The Cicalfate is a healing, unfragranced, occlusive cream that really works. I will not be without it as long as I use skin care actives.

on 11/27/2017 6:28:00 PM

This has been a holy grail to me
I used it at a time when my face was having really strange moods . From dry with patches ,flaky to full of bumps and pimples. This helped me out with the scarring and as well with the dryness after using specific acne products. This is that one product that I always repurchase . Even though my skin is clear now , I use it from to time to time at night instead of my moisturizer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I always have Cicalfate on hand. It's not an everyday product, nor is it a moisturizer, but for its limited functionality it's a miracle worker. Cicalfate is a healing cream - - it creates an antibacterial barrier for everything from popped blemishes, to weeping eczema wounds, to light burns. It's excellent as a barrier cream if you've overexfoliated and found yourself with massive irritation. It calms razor burn and sunburn. I wouldn't use this all over my face and expect hydration and moisture, but layered over hydrating products, it can be a very good protectant against strong winds, so if you're going skiing or hiking, this is a great product to take with you. The packaging is a simple metal tube. The cap can be a bit fussy especially if your hands are greasy, but it never leaks due to the thick consistency and the strength of the metal. Given what I use it for, a tube of Cicalfate lasts me a very long time, so the value is quite good. I have repurchased and would again.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

After reading such excellent reviews, I was disappointed by this product. I read that people enjoyed using this as a facial moisturiser on dry skin patches. Unfortunately, it did not work well on dry patches of my skin (it only made them drier) but did work on weeping eczema wounds. A few other reviews had noted a similar issue, and this might have something to do with irritant ingredients and eczema.
It has a very thick, white consistency that can be difficult to blend and is best used at night time. I think other Avene creams such as the skin recovery cream are best for overall moisturising use, and I'll save this one for areas of weeping eczema. I think the Dermaid 1% cream and other QV flare up creams work just as well and cost slightly less.

This cream helped me so much with my dark scars from scratched out mosquito bites (yes, I'm that impatient when it comes to mosquito bites), aswell as shaving or burning scars, it took me about a week and a half of daily application to erase them completely, and I'm so happy I can wear shorts in the summer again without people looking at me like I have some chronic disease (my skin is white as a paper, so every single flaw stands out like a sore thumb.
Dries quickly when you apply a thin layer, it's not too sticky or greasy, I have absolutely nothing to say against this product.
Would definitely repurchase and recommend to anyone.

on 6/10/2017 12:02:00 AM

This cream has been a lifesaver for me - I was getting desperate as to what I could use. For whatever reason, about 2 - 3 months ago I developed what I believe to be seborrheic dermatitis around my nose - it seemed my nose turned oilier in general, but with deep, dry crusty patches. It was so bad that in the morning I could barely move my nose as the patches of dry skin had tightened it up so much - and so, I was left with the forbidden no-no - just peeling the patches off myself. So I did - and they would simply return in about 3 - 4 hours. It was a vicious circle. So, I tried everything I could think of - mild scrub made it worse, Aquaphor didn't work, hydrocortisone didn't work and on and on. So, finally I went to my local Shoppers Drug Mart and asked the lady if she knew of anything to help. She said "I sure do - can't live without it myself" and led me straight to the Avene Cicalfate. She told me she uses it for everything . . . So, it is now Day 4 and I am stunned that finally - something has helped. The redness is not completely gone yet, but there is very little scale build up now and the skin is becoming softened again. I wake up in the morning and can actually move my nose. I could say I am very impressed, but more than that, I am really very grateful. Bless the clerk who introduced me and thank you Avene for this wonderful product!!

on 3/18/2017 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I'm on my second tube. It's a life saver.

Pros:

-This really helps calm down rosacea. One of the very few products that helps me. It soothes the skin and repairs it. When patches of my skin gets super dry and burning, there's nothing more soothing than this.
-Reasonable price.
-It has NO FRAGRANCE. Which is a must when you are trying to avoid rosacea flares up / trying to reduce redness.

Cons:
It's a thick cream. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle this in the summer. It leaves a shine that's for sure, but in my case the comfort brought to my skin is worth it.

Popular Face Skincare Products