Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.6

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I’m not sure of this product would be at the top of my go to list, but I would likely buy it again. See an in depth video review if brûlée and chai here.

on 8/23/2018 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

If you’re an oily girl like me, this foundation may not be worth buying, unless you don’t mind or can remember to blot every hour. The finish when first applied is a soft natural satin finish. But this foundation tends to let those oils break through almost immediately. You will be nice and greasy if you don’t powder or blot. It also breaks down fast, settling into pores and emphasizing texture. Unfortunately I purchased 2 bottles. I’ll probably give to friends and family with dry skin. Definitely won’t repurchase.

on 7/6/2018 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

So when this foundation came out I didn't give it a second thought since they didn't even bother making this in my color. However after severe backlash, they decided to expand their color selection and I thought "why not?" Surprisingly I REALLY like this foundation! Surprisingly because I prefer my foundation to be very matte with full coverage. Born This Way is the exact opposite. It gives you a slight dewy luminous look without looking greasy. It's lightweight and you can actually see your skin underneath. This foundation is excellent for those hot humid summer days and I suspect it will be good for the cooler months when you're not in the mood for that heavy flawless look.

I'm glad that Too Faced listened to their audience and expanded their color choices. It's 2018! No excuses for NOT having a diverse color selection.

on 4/7/2017 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. It's hard for me to find one that matches my skin tone and gives a great amount of coverage. When I tell you that this foundation hit the nail right on the head!! There are a lot of mixed reviews but I think that if you don't use a primer and set the foundation properly, you'll receive flawless results. The color range is pretty decent and you don't even need concealer which shows a lot. Stating that this is my holy grail is an understatement.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was in the market for a new foundation after using my Clinique beyond perfecting for over six months. I always love a foundation that claims "like skin". I was matched to Maple at Sephora and after a sample application I was sold. Price point is never a big issue when it comes to a nice foundation. I loved it came with a pump and the packaging is so sheek and simple. I didn't oxidize and looked very natural. My skin is dry by the way. The consistency is not runny at all and really goes on nicely. So far this foundation gets two thumbs up.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This darkest shade in this foundation is 3 shades too light for my deep skin shade. Just for reference, I am 180 in Makeup for Ever, N120 in Cover Fx, Truffle in Laura Mercier, Beige 190 in Yves saint laurent, NW50 in Mac, 530 in Lancome, 80 in DIOR Skin etc. Will not buy any of their products again as I feel they are excluding some skin shades on purpose.

on 5/16/2016 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I really liked this foundation. The coverage was medium to full, but looked very natural on the skin. I received complements when I wore it....but it broke me out! I stopped wearing it and came back to it and it broke me out again. I took it back to Ulta.