Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

2.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I had wanted to try this foundation for years but somehow never did. I saw Jackie Aina released her shades in the extended line and it piqued my interest again. I went to Ulta bare faced and swatched 3 shades down my check, jaw and neck. The shade Snow was my match, which surprised me because it’s the 3rd lightest shade and I’m usually the 1st shade in all foundations. Snow is described as being formulated for fair skin with rosy undertones. I didn’t really have high expectations for this foundation (I stopped buying too faced complexion products when they discontinued the Absolutely Flawless concealer, the shade Vanilla was my ride or die.) I was blown away by the shade match of this foundation. This is my perfect, perfect match. I thought I already found my perfect match in a KVD foundation, but this actually matches me better. I use a squalane oil (very thin layer on my skin) and a natural matte primer underneath of the foundation. I have found that it applied nicely and evenly with a brush or sponge, although I do use less product with a brush. I’d say it’s a natural finish, which is what I have been looking for lately— matte foundation is becoming too much for certain parts of my face, it’s starting to settle or crack as I age. This doesn’t crack or get caked or overly oily. I still have to touch up, but I have found that with using the squalane oil, the foundation looks so much better on the skin. The coverage is about medium, you can def build it up, but I usually do not. I have acne scars (pits) on my cheeks and this doesn’t hide them but definitely doesn’t draw attention to those areas and makes them appears a bit softer. I’ve been using this for a bit now and I don’t plan on using anything else. I am will be repurchasing for sure.

i have this in snow, and the color match is close (which is hard cause im ghostly pale) but, it just doesnt blend into the skin nicely. I think of this was a more radiant and glowy foundation i would like it more. As it is its more of a matte finish and it actually looks very bad on my nose. i wanted to like it. :(

on 3/15/2018 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a three sample pack from a Sephora order it came with 3 shades, Vanilla, Light Beige and Sand. I opened Sand first because of my yellow undertone, and I wear Sand (winter) or Rattan mixed in summer with ELDW... it was super dark and orange so I opened Vanilla to try to tone it down, this was also dark just a bit less but still orange, thought BEIGE would be better, nope orange! Maybe it was the samples but they are all ORANGE, I mixed the shades together to test on my face while I was at home (so I didn't look like an oompa in public).

I applied with a brush and then set with a beauty blender and loose powder... once it was on my skin it blended better and didn't look as orange, but still, it was not yellow enough for me.. This was at about 5pm but by 9pm I was super oily. I won't purchase or retest as I didn't like the wear of the foundation or the shades.

on 3/13/2018 1:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Dreadful on my mild seborrheic dermatitis. Clinged to dry patches I didn't know I had. I did an AHA peel the night before which usually makes foundation apply well, but this made me look like I've never heard of exfoliation. The name Born This Way is accurate as this foundation takes me back to my cradle cap days. Skip this if you have texture and dry patches.

The shade Swan was a bit too dark and pink on my NC10 skin. It dried down to a satin matte. Definitely not a healthy, luminous glow. Coverage was a light medium and covered my redness but not my darker freckles/acne scarring.

Moisturized with Cerave in a jar, used a tiny amount of Nyx Photo-Loving Primer on t-zone, and applied with fingers. Bathing in Mac Fix+ didn't help at all.

on 3/5/2018 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It made my face cakey. I have dry skin and it just highlighted my dry patches

It was a hyped foundation, I have dry combo skin in winter and it accentuates my pores, is drying and feels cakey. Kind of disappointing.

This foundation has a glow, does not look cakey. Covers pores and any of my imperfectipns. The cons are: its not long wearing and NOT kiss proof and NOT sex proof for sure!

This foundation has been a life saver for me! I never used to have to wear any base, just a little concealer and powder on my nose. Then I developed type 1 rosacea (redness on cheeks and nose and visible veins). It completely changed the way my face looked as I previously was very pale with orange-ish freckles and yellow undertones. My neck is still very pale yellow. These new pink/red/purple tones in my skin made pretty much half my wardrobe and entire lipstick collection look terrible on. Transitioning to regularly wearing foundation has been a learning curve, and most days I just want something quick and easy. I have found Too Faced Born This Way in Porcelain to be perfect for this. Plus it is fragrance free and doesn't irritate my dry, very sensitive skin. Been using this for around 4 or 5 months now so feel confident saying it is a non irritating product, for me at least! Applied over Laura Mercier SPF 30 primer or a good amount of moisturiser it just seems to glide across and sink into the skin, looking really natural and not like makeup at all. The colour initially seems slightly dark for my pale skin, but once spread on my face evens out and covers up the redness well, matching my forehead (where I don't apply any product). You can still see a few of the freckles on my nose peeking through which helps make it look more natural. I apply this with my fingers - using a brush or beauty blender was less successful. A brush picks up dry patches on my skin, and I found a beauty blender sheered the product out too much. The only downside is this - on really bad skin days when I am very flushed some redness does show through. Those days require something more like the Kat Von D liquid foundation. Also, the shade guides online are a bit off. Porcelain is touted as more cool/pink toned, but definitely pulls more of a yellow toned peach on my skin. I would recommend trying out samples or checking colours in a store. Also not sooo keen on how the packaging looks, but it functions just fine. Overall though, 5/5 for great natural looking medium coverage and a non irritating fragrance free product.

on 6/29/2017 9:20:00 AM

O.M.G.! At last! I have finally found a foundation that actually looks like I have no foundation on at all! Seriously! Plus: the colour (Pearl) is a perfect match! This formula is very versatile - described as medium to total coverage, it can be used as a sheer by going sparingly. It is thin & so that is easy to do. I love the consistency, being not a fan of heavy thick foundations. Worth the price - a little goes a long way. I am a huge fan of Too Faced! Thank you!

on 4/4/2017 1:21:00 AM

~Things i like about product
The Bottle

~Thing i Dislike about product
makes my skin break out
Too pricey
I had to use a lot to have a full coverage.