Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.2

on 11/11/2018 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not a good foundation for very dry, flaky, mature skin. I'd been wanting to try it forever, and when i finally did, i was sadly disappointed. Firstly, i'm surprised they claim it's "undetectable" because it definitely looked like foundation sitting on my skin. Second, they say it has a radiant finish, but on me it was satin, almost matte actually. Finally, they say it is full coverage (on Sephora's site at least), but on me it was definitely medium coverage (I could still slightly see all my sunspots). It's very thick, and also too yellow (i got the color Porcelain, which is described as "very fair w/ neutral undertones", and i usually wear NC18/N18 in MAC, but it was also a little too dark). I tried applying it with several methods too: fingers, brush, damp beauty blender, as well as tried it with different primers underneath (Milk Blur Stick, and Too Faced Hangover Rx), but nothing made a difference, it just didn't look good on my skin. It exacerbated all my dry patches, texture issues, and pores. It didn't really make my face feel dry or dehydrated though. It would probably be a nice foundation for oily or normal skin.

on 9/14/2018 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings on this foundation. I am a 32 year old with dry skin and minimal aging. This foundation looks great on the lower half of my face. It has a beautiful glowing demi-matte finish. However, by the end of the day the foundation on my forehead has settled in to the fine lines. It's not as evident in person as it is in photos, but it's noticeable enough. When I wear this I end up using Mac Studio Fix on my forehead, and Too Faced Born This way on the rest of my face. It sounds ridiculous, but it looks good when applied.

Overall, I would say this has a very beautiful finish and is great for young dry skin with no aging. If you have any sort of fine lines, I'd steer clear or buy it under the assumption that you'll need to use it in conjunction with another product. A lot of bloggers call this their "Holy Grail", so it could just be my experience with it. It's a solid foundation aside from that issue.

on 7/15/2018 8:08:00 PM

Absolutely love this product. I have been searching for the perfect foundation. To say I am picky is an understatement. I am extremely picky. I need skin like, skin beautifying, skin perfecting, pore perfecting, luminous finish without falling off....see my dilemma? So to say La Mer, GA, TF, Fenty, ELDW, Lancome, Dior etc. etc. I can only say if you are like me and want your skin to look hydrated, smooth, not foundation like, then this is your jam. I only discovered this b/c of the new released concealer. I never paid any attention to this baby. I am a bit of a foundation snob you could say. In any case, this is flawless. I am beyond happy. And I know, can it be that good? Like in a sea of foundations? Yes it's that good. Try it. BTW, I am combo (more on dry side these days), mature, skin needs ALL the help it can possibly get!

on 6/5/2018 12:02:00 PM

This foundation is amazing, it lasts all day, makes your skin looks flawless BUT it breaks me out. I have a very sensitive skin and I wear nothing but Clinique foundations but I really wanted to try this one out.

on 5/19/2018 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to love this so bad but it didn't work out for me. It didn't blend well into my skin at all and looked very unnatural. I have tried application with 2 different brushes and a beauty blender. Besides the fact that it oxidized and I tested out 3 different colors, even if color wasn't an issue, you can see that you are wearing foundation.To the touch it felt like slightly rubbery, the best way I can describe it lol.

this was meant to be a perfect match for my skin tone and type. it is neither. i would not suggest this foundation for anyone that has sensitive, reactive, hormonal skin nor would i suggest it for pale complexions due to the choice in undertone pigments (and i generally use yellow toned foundations but this stuff was big bird level. just no.)

the foundation irritated my face so much i had to wash it off after an hour. in the hour that it was on it looked very artificial; no amount of careful application or blending made any difference. left an absolute ton of comedones on my face.

it photographs beautifully. if you have tolerant skin and take a lot of pictures of yourself this foundation is probably fantastic for the price - you do seem to get a fair amount of product for the money.

on 4/11/2018 1:55:00 PM

The pricing is ok for a highend company.
This foundation didn´t blow my mind but it isn´t as bad as the other reviews says.

You cant´t apply this with your hands because it feels just dry and wierd. I apply this first with a brush and then a sponge then it melt in to my skin.
A plus for me is that this is my closest foundation shade, mine is in the shade snow.
And an other tip is to moisturize good before for those who have dryer skin and the other way around for oily skin (Just apply a little i mean).

on 3/15/2018 10:34:00 AM

I returned it. I was told by sales person at sephora it’s a good foundation for dry skin. Applied it looks like it’s floating on my skin. I moisturized as always then applied with a damp beauty blender. Looked terrible, my skin looked better without foundation compared to with it on. Exchanged it for Nars sheer glow and love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This used to be my holy grail foundation, but that was when I was still pretty new to make up. This was the first foundation I bought that matched my skin tone, as the stores in my area (before this area of my city) got developed, only the middle five shades of every foundation and concealer were available, and thus everything was too dark for me. Now that I have more foundation options, have used other foundations, and Sephora Philippines is a thing, I started noticing the flaws in this foundation. The coverage is not as nice as others in that it gets patchy, and it doesn't work that well with other products. In addition, I have discovered waterproof foundations and those last longer through my hours of theatre performances under harsh stage lights, fake blood, and sweat. This foundation gets patchier and patchier as the hours of it pass by. I now use it for events like parties and awardings, but otherwise it's not very long lasting. There are better foundations.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This felt really good on winter dry skin but I tried 3 colors and they all were so yellow toned. I tried online first and then went into Ulta to get matched. Even with the professional matching the color oxidized on me to an orangish color. It was slight but enough that I looked jaundiced. SA gave me warm nude. I'm NC 20 in MAC. This has a lovely finish, covers imperfections well giving medium to full coverage, and lasts all day. It does transfer to phone and coat collars. Since the color wasn't right I had to give up on it. I'll have to keep looking for a foundation for my dry skin.