Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.3

on 9/14/2018 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings on this foundation. I am a 32 year old with dry skin and minimal aging. This foundation looks great on the lower half of my face. It has a beautiful glowing demi-matte finish. However, by the end of the day the foundation on my forehead has settled in to the fine lines. It's not as evident in person as it is in photos, but it's noticeable enough. When I wear this I end up using Mac Studio Fix on my forehead, and Too Faced Born This way on the rest of my face. It sounds ridiculous, but it looks good when applied.

Overall, I would say this has a very beautiful finish and is great for young dry skin with no aging. If you have any sort of fine lines, I'd steer clear or buy it under the assumption that you'll need to use it in conjunction with another product. A lot of bloggers call this their "Holy Grail", so it could just be my experience with it. It's a solid foundation aside from that issue.

on 7/15/2018 8:08:00 PM

Absolutely love this product. I have been searching for the perfect foundation. To say I am picky is an understatement. I am extremely picky. I need skin like, skin beautifying, skin perfecting, pore perfecting, luminous finish without falling off....see my dilemma? So to say La Mer, GA, TF, Fenty, ELDW, Lancome, Dior etc. etc. I can only say if you are like me and want your skin to look hydrated, smooth, not foundation like, then this is your jam. I only discovered this b/c of the new released concealer. I never paid any attention to this baby. I am a bit of a foundation snob you could say. In any case, this is flawless. I am beyond happy. And I know, can it be that good? Like in a sea of foundations? Yes it's that good. Try it. BTW, I am combo (more on dry side these days), mature, skin needs ALL the help it can possibly get!

on 6/5/2018 12:02:00 PM

This foundation is amazing, it lasts all day, makes your skin looks flawless BUT it breaks me out. I have a very sensitive skin and I wear nothing but Clinique foundations but I really wanted to try this one out.

on 5/19/2018 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to love this so bad but it didn't work out for me. It didn't blend well into my skin at all and looked very unnatural. I have tried application with 2 different brushes and a beauty blender. Besides the fact that it oxidized and I tested out 3 different colors, even if color wasn't an issue, you can see that you are wearing foundation.To the touch it felt like slightly rubbery, the best way I can describe it lol.

this was meant to be a perfect match for my skin tone and type. it is neither. i would not suggest this foundation for anyone that has sensitive, reactive, hormonal skin nor would i suggest it for pale complexions due to the choice in undertone pigments (and i generally use yellow toned foundations but this stuff was big bird level. just no.)

the foundation irritated my face so much i had to wash it off after an hour. in the hour that it was on it looked very artificial; no amount of careful application or blending made any difference. left an absolute ton of comedones on my face.

it photographs beautifully. if you have tolerant skin and take a lot of pictures of yourself this foundation is probably fantastic for the price - you do seem to get a fair amount of product for the money.

on 4/11/2018 1:55:00 PM

The pricing is ok for a highend company.
This foundation didn´t blow my mind but it isn´t as bad as the other reviews says.

You cant´t apply this with your hands because it feels just dry and wierd. I apply this first with a brush and then a sponge then it melt in to my skin.
A plus for me is that this is my closest foundation shade, mine is in the shade snow.
And an other tip is to moisturize good before for those who have dryer skin and the other way around for oily skin (Just apply a little i mean).

on 3/15/2018 10:34:00 AM

I returned it. I was told by sales person at sephora it’s a good foundation for dry skin. Applied it looks like it’s floating on my skin. I moisturized as always then applied with a damp beauty blender. Looked terrible, my skin looked better without foundation compared to with it on. Exchanged it for Nars sheer glow and love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This used to be my holy grail foundation, but that was when I was still pretty new to make up. This was the first foundation I bought that matched my skin tone, as the stores in my area (before this area of my city) got developed, only the middle five shades of every foundation and concealer were available, and thus everything was too dark for me. Now that I have more foundation options, have used other foundations, and Sephora Philippines is a thing, I started noticing the flaws in this foundation. The coverage is not as nice as others in that it gets patchy, and it doesn't work that well with other products. In addition, I have discovered waterproof foundations and those last longer through my hours of theatre performances under harsh stage lights, fake blood, and sweat. This foundation gets patchier and patchier as the hours of it pass by. I now use it for events like parties and awardings, but otherwise it's not very long lasting. There are better foundations.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This felt really good on winter dry skin but I tried 3 colors and they all were so yellow toned. I tried online first and then went into Ulta to get matched. Even with the professional matching the color oxidized on me to an orangish color. It was slight but enough that I looked jaundiced. SA gave me warm nude. I'm NC 20 in MAC. This has a lovely finish, covers imperfections well giving medium to full coverage, and lasts all day. It does transfer to phone and coat collars. Since the color wasn't right I had to give up on it. I'll have to keep looking for a foundation for my dry skin.

on 1/13/2018 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Update... I figured out why the staying power was not better. I had the WRONG shade. I just switched to Almond and it is perfect. The staying power is amazing 10 hours easily. When you have the right shade of foundation it really looks gorgeous It is perfect and makes my skin feel better with the coconut water. A great product for my skin that does not cause break outs. I have been now using this for at least 5 months and my skin is 1000 times better. This gives a matte finish that works for a woman in her 50s with mild roseacea. (although that has gone too. I guess I have been using the wrong foundation all these years) Yet keeps my skin looking younger without being greasy. I love this foundation better than any ELDW or Lancome. I honestly think it is the coconut water in this foundation as I stopped using all medications for skin. No more Finacea, no more azaleic acid, no more differin..

Truly my skin needed a foundation that was more like a skin cream. Something gentle and clean feeling that nourishes my skin. I am so thankful to have found this by a sales clerk at Ulta. I hope they never discontinue this lovely foundation.

If you are looking for a yellow based light white fair skin toned foundation this could be for you. If your skin is sensitive and dry this foundation and color could work for you. I chose the color Snow. And Snow looks white with a hint of gold going on my face. But, it does darken or oxidize and provides me with the exact light shade I am looking for. I used to have greasy skin but now closing in on 50 my skin has become dry. My skin has the orange peel texture around my nose and lower cheeks. I have rosecea so finding a foundation that can fill pores, cover texture and look beautiful is a challenge but TooFace born this way does it for me. For those with the red flushed look a yellow based foundation is the key to covering that red tone and this shade does it for me.

Does it last?
Not like ELDW but it gave me a good 3-4 hours of coverage. I tested without a primer for 3-4 hours of coverage. I need to carry a blotting paper or brush and powder to make it last. The reason I like this foundation more than ELDW is that it is easier to take off and does not seem to break me out. The foundation makes my skin feel better not worse after wearing.

Lasting power? Can I make it last?
Yes. I have tried this with a primer and when I use a primer I get a good 6 hours out of the foundation. I am still playing around with primers as I don't love silcones.

Good for dry skin?
Yes, for me it was. I have dry flaky skin and it does not cover the flakes but if you can gently exfoliate and put this foundation on after moisture it can cover your skin nicely. Just be sure to let your skin dry after moisture before applying the foundation as I believe this can cause oxidation if you mix the foundation with lotion.

How does it feel?
The foundation has a beautifully silky feel that must be because of the coconut oil. This does not dry quickly so you can work with it slowly.

Breaks outs?
This did not break me out and I have sensitive, easy break out skin with a red rosecea all over. I was impressed that it covered my skin without looking too heavy. But be aware those of us with rosecea need a full coverage foundation. If you are looking to look natural barely there makeup like Bobby Brown or Nars this might bot be your choice. This foundation has a medium coverage to hide your skin.

Does it seep in wrinkles and lines?
Yes a tiny bit. But not like ELDW or Revlon Colorstay. I do not think it aged me but rather the shade brightened my skin tone making me look younger the way my skin looked years ago. It does have a powdery feel so if you are looking for dewy tanned from sweating in the sun after tennis, this is not your foundation. This is a foundation that gives a matte effect with sparkles or shimmer to create movement in the light. It is subtle and lovely.

I would buy this again. While the lasting power is not as great as other foundations the way my skin feels during and after use if far more important to me.