Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.1

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I’m in shade deep beige if I’m not mistaken Foundation works just fine It does cover my skin and makes my skin look flawless Doesn’t break my skin It’s good for people with oily skin just like me

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Finish - Natural, neither too dewy nor too matte.

Coverage - Medium

Staying power - Poor. After just a few hours, the foundation breaks up and looks patchy. Also made me look oily. Some parts had started to fade leading to little to no coverage.

Would not repurchase nor recommend.

Nice texture, medium coverage, but dries a little. I expected better results from this foundation. It's not bad, but it's not amazing either. I might buy this again, but I'll probably try different ones first.

on 4/9/2017 6:10:00 PM

I got a sample from sephora after reading all the good reviews...but i was very disappointed...i have combination skin with slightly more oily t-zone. This foundation felt so heavy on my face....like you can feel it after applying. My face felt very greasy after maybe an hour or two and it all separate and stuck in every single pores of my nose. I tried to touch up with my usual powder foundation but couldn't help at all. Foundation tends to come off from my nose easily but it should still looks like normal skin and and not becomes spotty and dry/greasy at the same time. I'm glad i didn't buy the full bottle.

on 2/23/2017 7:52:00 PM

I can't stress enough how happy and satisfied I am with this product. I've been using Makeup Forever Ultra HD and I was okay with that but when my friend told me about born this way, I just thought I had to try and boy was I soooo impressed! I am dry on winter and oily on summer and this foundation just gives me the most fine looking skin. the coverage is so good. I always want to have that "no makeup look" makeup so I only use a few, but still, my face looks very flawless and pore-less! I love love love this product! I use it under a moisturiser, sunblock, primer and finishes it with a laura mercier powder and my skin looks so nice the entire day!! GIVE IT A GO! :)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This foundation is a weird one. You can't just put dots on the face and blend out, because you will still end up having those dots on your face because it doesn't blend well. You have to put it on your brush and blend from there. Also the coverage is medium to full, which is a little bit too much for me, as I only have some redness on my face. And this is definitely not for oily skin, you need a good primer and powder to use with it as it doesn't control oil well.

on 1/3/2017 7:39:00 AM

Holy grail foundation! Coverage is amazing and it last allllll day

on 11/22/2016 2:38:00 AM

This is so hyped on internet, so I bought one to try. i really wanted to love it, but it always makes my whole face a greasy ball, which is rarely happened. the finishing is pretty, but it apparently cant stay on my face more than 4 hours. if u have dry or maybe normal skin, this probably will be your good friend, but oily skin, no, just no.

on 11/1/2016 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Update: This foundation definitely isn't suited for hot and humid weather. It doesn't claim that it does, but still, it was quite disappointing. However, I've repurchased 5 bottles ever since. Note that this foundation does oxidize, so a safe bet is to buy a lighter shade if you're concern about that like me. The longest I've worn this foundation for was 14h, and I've also went to sleep with it. After 14h wear, my face would look really oily if I hadn't set it beforehand. If I did, it will still look oily around my nose and cheeks, but not as terrible. Sleeping with it was even worse. The next morning, my scars were clearly visible and my complexion looked dry and patchy. If you're planning to sleep with makeup on, give this one a pass.

I just got this foundation today and I have to say I quite like it. I've been trying to find a foundation that matches me perfectly that it looks natural. It's hard finding one, but I think this MIGHT be it!

I have terrible PIH; they're like five shades darker than my skin tone and worse is, I have them on the center parts of my face that is the cheek, forehead and nose. *cries* Most foundation covers them well but not completely as those nasty pih always manage to peek through. THIS foundation though, covered them just as well as all the other foundations I've tried, but with just one layer. I am blown away.

I haven't worn it out for a whole day so I have yet to see its full potential. Shall update once I do.

on 9/5/2016 4:21:00 PM

I was very excited to try this product because I heard all of the hype on YouTube, and had just ran out of my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation. Although I absolutely love Luminous Silk, I wanted to try to find something at a lower price point. I chose the shade Nude, which on Sephora.com is described as: light with neutral-to-pink undertones. The color was a perfect match! The packaging is pretty with a frosted container holding 1.0 oz of product and has a pump. The formula was a bit thicker than I was expecting, and for my first use I used two pumps, which ended up being way too much. It thins out quite a bit during application and one pump is definitely enough to cover my entire face plus a light buff on my neck using a Beauty Blender. Although the formula is thick, it feels like nothing on your skin. Amazing! The coverage was slightly less full than I had imagined, which I was surprised and happy about. My freckles were clearly visible through the foundation, but at the same time all imperfections were hidden. My skin looked perfect yet natural - not quite dewy, not quite matte. For reference, the finish is similar to Luminous Silk, but slightly more matte in my opinion. My first impression was that I did not need to set the foundation with powder, but after continued use I have realized I do. My T zone and nose can both get oily throughout the day, and I have found Born This Way can start to separate and wipe off throughout over time if the area gets too oily. Overall, it has good staying power, but if you tend to get oily in certain areas definitely use some powder to set. My final thoughts are that the foundation wears and feels absolutely beautiful, looks as close to natural skin as I have found, and is at the appropriate price point. This is my go to for any type of day/night casual activity where I want my skin to look flawless. If I am going to be breaking a sweat or feeling too lazy to do a full face of makeup, then I will fall back on an alternative foundation.