Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.4

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have combination skin that leans a little more on the oily side, though I do get dry patches on certain areas of my faces at times (mostly my cheeks and around the edges of my mouth). I am also very acne-prone and get whiteheads easily if I wear makeup for even just an hour longer than I probably should. I also have pretty textured skin on my cheeks due to acne scarring over the years, so a pore-filling primer is essential for me.

This is very liquidy but blends very easily into the skin, whether I'm using a brush or a sponge. But it doesn't really help with hiding my textured skin (which is why I have to rely on a good primer). It's currently winter, so my skin is a lighter medium shade with neutral-to-yellowish undertones. I'm not the best at shade matching, so I had an ulta-artist match me and she gave me the shade Light Beige (I generally end up wearing foundations with "beige" in the shade title). Applying it to my skin, it seems just a little light but when it interacts with my natural oils throughout the day, it oxidizes, but not to the point that I'm completely orange by the end of the day.

Coverage-wise, I would say it's medium, but buildable. I color-correct dark areas of my face (under eyes and around my mouth) after primer, but before foundation, so I'm not as worried about concealing as I am about just evening out my skintone and this foundation does a pretty good job. The finish, before powder and setting spray, is somewhere between dewy and matte. Throughout the day, my skin does get oily (as expected) and so I have to blot my skin. I don't find this to become particularly cakey nor does it snatch onto any dry patches I might have, so for having combination skin, this is a pretty great formula. I think this could potentially be a good all-year-round foundation for me, so I may need to go back and get shade-matched when my skin is tanner.

on 1/21/2019 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

The foundation provides excellent coverage and is a velvet matte finish; it isn’t flat or overly drying. It is a little heavy looking in my opinion as I prefer dewier skin, but that is just my personal preference. It lasts very well, but I do need to hydrate well or it can look a little dry in areas like the crevices around my nose after a full day’s worth of wear.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I didn’t like this because it made me Sooo oily!!!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I’m not sure of this product would be at the top of my go to list, but I would likely buy it again. See an in depth video review if brûlée and chai here.

on 12/26/2018 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My foundation shade is nc15-20, revlon 150 buff, kat von d in 43 light.
This is slightly more neutral for my skin tone. I use this in snow and it's apparently the best shade match.
Coverage wise it is considered medium to full and it gives the most skin like finish. Probably the most natural higher coverage foundation I've ever used. Doesn't stay on for 12 or 16 hours in hot humid weather but definitely can last 8ish maybe? Does clings a little to dry patches but nothing too serious.

on 12/12/2018 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Amazing! I get the hype!
First of all I got off of the new shades created by Jackie Aina, which is “Praline”- If this never existed I wouldn’t have had the chance to even try it. It’s a perfect match!

Consistency is thick and creamy, gives immediate coverage (better with a brush- not a sponge), blurs pores, provides a beautiful natural finish!. It looks even and I don’t have trouble blending any other liquid products on top. It doesn’t cling to peachfuzz, doesn’t break me out, doesn’t separate on my face and it doesn’t matter what primer I use. It gives a little flashback, nothing crazy but I am a brown girl. The difference in shade is noticeable but it’s workable. It is longwearing, I get no smile lines (but I do use a really good powder on top) and yeah it’s flawless.

Is it my perfect foundation? Not really
During the winter I can use it because it’s hydrating but as ya getting warmer lately I’ve been getting more oily and I don’t change my prep routine since it’s perfect, I know it’s the foundation. And I’ve noticed it needs a lot of powder to sit well and not separate or slide down my face. And it’s not helping the texture on my skin.. it’s been workable for a while but for now I don’t know. It’s best when i mix it in with other products. These are basically the reasons I will not buy it again- texture and oil.

If you have combination or dry skin with minimal texture it was meant for you!

I love the coverage and consistency of this product. it's hard to describe but it feels "cushion-y as I apply it on my skin. It has a pump dispenser that allows me to dispense small amounts at a time and I hope I'll be able to get every drop out of the bottle but we'll see. I have a lot of age spots from sun damage and it covers them so well without feeling heavy or looking like a mask. Love, love, love it!

on 11/30/2018 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation is nice although it isn’t my favourite. I’m still looking for a go to foundation. It is pretty nice overall and it has great buildable coverage from medium to full and it’s feels lightweight. It works great with dry skin bc mine is really dry. Not bad I would recommend but I feel like there’s better foundations than this. Not the best or the worst.

on 11/1/2018 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If you are oily skin type of a girl... run away from this. I couldn`t make it look nice on my skin when first applied it, it was patchy and it didn`t blend well. But still I left it untill the end of the day, because I wanted to see how it wears on my skin. After a couple hours I had to erase my make up with make up wipe... this is how bad it was. (ps: no matter how oily I am I never erase my make up in the middle of the day) So.. I gave this foundation to a friend.

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Hmm. So I'll begin by saying the foundation is really pretty and it looks very natural, but it does transfer. So as for me I purchased this foundation with the hopes that I wouldnt have to buy 2 foundations to get my perfect shade. So I went to my local beauty store and swatched Chai, Mahogany and Tiramisu which are apart of the extended collection that Jackie Ania collabed and promoted. So heres the thing, I have both golden and Red undertones. But I prefer my golden undertones a little bit more in the center of my face and red undertones around the outer parts of my face. So when I swatched Chai, Mahogany and Tiramisu on my face and chest. I usually try to match my face with my chest. So Chai was extremely to light for me, Mahogany was a tad bit too light(can use as my winter shade) and Tiramisu was a tad bit too dark(can be used my summer shade) the one thing I really loved was the undertones are a true golden color which is absolutely beautiful. So
I'm using Tiramisu on the perimeter of my face and Mahogany in the middle to make the perfect shade for me.
The foundation sets to a natural finish as long as it's not caked on. I used a flat top brush and a beautiful blender to apply this foundation. I will honestly say I like using both and each technique you use to apply this foundation will give different results.
My final thoughts are it's a good foundation, it's on the medium pricey side and I would not run out to repurchase once I run out.
Overall I grade it a B-