Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.1

I hate this foundation. It doesn't blend properly, it just sits on my skin. After a few hours it looks flaky, even when my skin is prepped and moisturised beforehand. Do not recommend.

Looks like glowing skin

on 10/20/2018 11:21:00 PM

Ok so here’s the deal. I am a big fan of the Too Faced brand itself, as i personally think that they do put out some amazing products. But this is one they could have kept to themselves. This foundation is full coverage, it does blend nicely, and it does have a nice little scent to it. But the problem i had with this product is that it does have a matte finish, which i prefer in a foundation, but i found that this drys down a little bit too much. I have dry to oily combination skin and this foundation just soaked up every bit of oil my face had left in it. After wearing this for a while I found that I had multiple dry patches in places that my skin usually isn’t dry. It did crack and become patchy over time. I found while doing my face, contour, blush, etc. that the product began to move and basically disappear. I have personally never had a foundation dry my skin out as much as this one did. So I guess if you are someone that who has super oily skin then this might work you. But if you are someone like myself who have either combination skin or just dry skin all together i do not recommend you use this product. It claims to work with all skin types, but for mine, it did not. This foundation is $40 and personally, I don’t think its worth it. Please, if someone with skin like myself has tried this and it worked for them please let me know your secret. I really do want to give this foundation another chance but with the experience that i had the first and only time i used it, its going to be very hard for me to reach for it again, unless there is a secret to making it work.

on 10/10/2018 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Pricing is steep here in Australia.
Recently moved to Sydney where the climate is slightly different to Melbourne and found that this foundation somehow looks better than my Fenty foundation which was my holy grail in Melbourne. I find that in warmer weather the BTW looked better, which is unusual because the Fenty is more lightweight but ended up calling. I would say that the BTW is medium to high coverage on my oily, pink toned skin.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I bought this foundation about a year ago. I am fair with cool undertones and the color Snow fits me very well. The older I get, the better my skin looks. It’s no longer oily and I don’t need or want much coverage. I see bad reviews here but I like this foundation better than most. It gives my skin a glowy, polished finish. My lifestyle is fairly casual and like a natural looking foundation. Born This Way fits the bill. The only down side is that I have some large pores and I can’t say it provides camouflage for that, but nothing does. I would definitely consider buying this again. The last reviewer said this foundation looks yellow to her, but on me it shows pink undertones.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Whenever I wear this foundation I feel like my skin just doesn't look healthy at all. This foundation makes my skin look super cakey, orange and streaky because of the undertones of the foundation. I prefer foundations that are lighter coverage and enhance my skin rather than just slapping on some cakey orange make-up and making my skin look too artificial. This is a no from me and I would imagine that this foundation would not be good for oily skins because I'm combination with an oily t-zone and chin and this made my skin look pretty greasy after a few hours. It's a no from me.

on 4/18/2018 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

At first I was in love with this but after a few uses I realized how horrible it is. It might be the only foundation that matches me perfect but it never dries on the skin so its wet and slides around all day. It looks cakey and just refuses to melt into my skin. It shows every single bit of texture in my skin, it's just ridiculous. I have tried applying it about 10 different ways to get it to work and the only thing that makes it come close to working is mixing it with my cover girl foundation and adding a drop of jojoba oil. And even then it worked some days but not everyday. I am so over this product.

on 4/9/2018 8:33:00 PM

I have dry/ance prone skin. Once I saw the claims of the foundation and an actual match for fair skin (which is rare), I was instantly intrigued in this product. I thought I would splurge for this foundation if it really did what it claimed. $39.00 is the most I have even bought for a foundation, and I would not buy this product again. I tried apply this foundation with different techniques, different primes, different setting techniques and at the end of the day, the product still looked awful on my skin. This foundation moved around my skins throughout the day, even after setting. I would scratch my face and then foundation would instantly rub off/move around. Also, even after one layer of foundation, I found that my skin looked even more dry and cakey. I would NOT consider spending that much money on this foundation again.

I have oily but dehydrated skin and was recommended this foundation by someone at Sephora. I had heard mixed reviews about this foundation but was excited to try it out. I was told it was for dry skin, so it would help with my flakiness. This by far is the WORST foundation I have ever tried, especially because it clings to my dry patches more than any other foundation I have tried. The only good thing is that the colour matched me perfectly. It also creases really badly around the eyes and doesn't last at all. Supposedly for dry skin...I don't recommend this foundation for anyone.

on 2/27/2018 11:13:00 PM

Love this foundation when I want a beautiful dewy foundation in winter that is not too drying. It is medium buildable and with a light powder lasts 8-9 hours. After that it breaks down a little and needs a touch up. Oxidises slightly. Probably won’t suit oily skin very well. Although maybe with mattifying primer powder and spray. Looks like nothing on the skin but with good coverage.
Update has been getting quite oily by the end off the day and I think it’s breaking me out. Not 100% sure as I’ve changed a few things at the same time.