Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.5

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have combination skin that leans a little more on the oily side, though I do get dry patches on certain areas of my faces at times (mostly my cheeks and around the edges of my mouth). I am also very acne-prone and get whiteheads easily if I wear makeup for even just an hour longer than I probably should. I also have pretty textured skin on my cheeks due to acne scarring over the years, so a pore-filling primer is essential for me.

This is very liquidy but blends very easily into the skin, whether I'm using a brush or a sponge. But it doesn't really help with hiding my textured skin (which is why I have to rely on a good primer). It's currently winter, so my skin is a lighter medium shade with neutral-to-yellowish undertones. I'm not the best at shade matching, so I had an ulta-artist match me and she gave me the shade Light Beige (I generally end up wearing foundations with "beige" in the shade title). Applying it to my skin, it seems just a little light but when it interacts with my natural oils throughout the day, it oxidizes, but not to the point that I'm completely orange by the end of the day.

Coverage-wise, I would say it's medium, but buildable. I color-correct dark areas of my face (under eyes and around my mouth) after primer, but before foundation, so I'm not as worried about concealing as I am about just evening out my skintone and this foundation does a pretty good job. The finish, before powder and setting spray, is somewhere between dewy and matte. Throughout the day, my skin does get oily (as expected) and so I have to blot my skin. I don't find this to become particularly cakey nor does it snatch onto any dry patches I might have, so for having combination skin, this is a pretty great formula. I think this could potentially be a good all-year-round foundation for me, so I may need to go back and get shade-matched when my skin is tanner.

on 3/6/2019 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It's over rated. It sits on your skin. It makes you look dry. I actually returned it. It's just NOT good I use mary kay cc cream and it's amazing. I was really bummed out about this with them. Not to mention my boyfriend asked me "whats wrong with your pores"??? i was shocked, so i took it off tried again time after time and same thing! its not good nice try too dace but no. OHH THERES A NEW ONE OUT CALLED HEY HONEY CC CREAM MADE OUT OF SARASOTA FL. ITS SOOOOO GREAT!!!!!! TRY IT PEOPLE!!!! I LOVE IT!

on 1/8/2019 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Surprised that it doesn't have a higher rating. This is currently my go to foundation in the winter. There's good coverage without being drying and the finish is very natural. I am a NC 25 in MAC, Asian skin with neutral undertones, and find Vanilla to be a good match. I was matched to Warm Nude at first but I find that it oxidizes a bit so Vanilla is actually better. No complaints about the packaging. Pricier but worth it imo.

on 12/9/2018 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I think it’s really nice, it’s my second hi-end foundation I’ve used. I really like the way it looks on me, not cakey and have nice coverage (I only used one pump per face) but it oxidised on me like crazy and I haven’t realised that till recently. I don’t know if it’s the foundation, setting spray (I used UD all nighter) or I bought a wrong shade (I’m nc25 in Mac and I bought shade light medium)
I won’t buy it again cause I’d like to try their peach foundation instead or maybe another hi-end foundation.

on 11/1/2018 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If you are oily skin type of a girl... run away from this. I couldn`t make it look nice on my skin when first applied it, it was patchy and it didn`t blend well. But still I left it untill the end of the day, because I wanted to see how it wears on my skin. After a couple hours I had to erase my make up with make up wipe... this is how bad it was. (ps: no matter how oily I am I never erase my make up in the middle of the day) So.. I gave this foundation to a friend.

on 9/14/2018 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings on this foundation. I am a 32 year old with dry skin and minimal aging. This foundation looks great on the lower half of my face. It has a beautiful glowing demi-matte finish. However, by the end of the day the foundation on my forehead has settled in to the fine lines. It's not as evident in person as it is in photos, but it's noticeable enough. When I wear this I end up using Mac Studio Fix on my forehead, and Too Faced Born This way on the rest of my face. It sounds ridiculous, but it looks good when applied.

Overall, I would say this has a very beautiful finish and is great for young dry skin with no aging. If you have any sort of fine lines, I'd steer clear or buy it under the assumption that you'll need to use it in conjunction with another product. A lot of bloggers call this their "Holy Grail", so it could just be my experience with it. It's a solid foundation aside from that issue.

on 9/4/2018 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation. It has moderate to full coverage, has a very creamy not drying texture, that gives me a near flawless look. It doesn't crease in my fine lines & stays on all day. I first use a primer then put this on then finish it off with a setting spray. I have tried countless foundations & from now on this is my new love. A must try for anyone who is in search for a new foundation.

on 7/25/2018 11:34:00 AM

I wouldn’t say that this foundation is bad, BUT! I loved its formula, I loved its coverage and how it feels like nothing on skin(this foundation is medium to full coverage), it’s just that I got oily pretty quickly. So I like to take my pressed powder with me.. I will highly recommend it for people with dry skin.

Thank you.

on 4/3/2018 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I don't see anything special about this foundation. It gives me a nice sheer coverage but it's nothing better than my maybelline fit me. Way over-priced for the quality.