Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.0

on 7/6/2018 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

So when this foundation came out I didn't give it a second thought since they didn't even bother making this in my color. However after severe backlash, they decided to expand their color selection and I thought "why not?" Surprisingly I REALLY like this foundation! Surprisingly because I prefer my foundation to be very matte with full coverage. Born This Way is the exact opposite. It gives you a slight dewy luminous look without looking greasy. It's lightweight and you can actually see your skin underneath. This foundation is excellent for those hot humid summer days and I suspect it will be good for the cooler months when you're not in the mood for that heavy flawless look.

I'm glad that Too Faced listened to their audience and expanded their color choices. It's 2018! No excuses for NOT having a diverse color selection.

on 9/11/2017 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This foundation accentuated my pores, rough skin texture and fine lines instead of gliding over my flaws. It's heavy, oxidized and doesn't look natural at all. It did hold up well when I exercised for an hour and was sweating which is good....but I won't buy this again.

on 3/16/2017 12:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

This is way too orange for me. It's vegan friendly but I hate the colour. I'm getting sick if not being able to find a vegan friendly/ pale girl friendly foundation. I wasn't blown away by the consistency and it's staying power. I use a white colour corrector to lighten it up a bit but it's so yellow.

on 7/28/2016 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

After seeing everyone raving about this foundation I just had to go get it. Stupid me didn't get a tester 1st :( I was really dark at the time being and wanted a foundation that could match and also give me a flawless look. I'm a NC40 and I got this is the shade "Honey" which is described as a "Tan - with neutral to golden undertones". This shade is way too wrong and neutral for me. It makes me look super dull and almost dirty. I need more yellow tones in my foundations so can look more "bright". I make this work by warming it up with my Mac mineralize skin finish in Deep dark.
I am always thinking Sand, the lighter option, would fit me better.

It claims to be undetectable medium-full coverage with natural results. I have fairly good skin with some redness around the nose and a blue vein under my eye I like to cover.
It a really thick foundation, feels really heavy on the skin and looks like it as well. You can sure see the foundation on the skin, almost mask-like. I could get away with using this on a night out, but never for daytime wear. I also think that it easy gets cakey. The texture is really thick and it almost feels like a paint. The finish is matte and it feels like the foundation take quite some time to set. My boyfriends said I look really "made up" with his foundation...not in a good way. And if he mentions and can see somethings wrong with my makeup, I know this is a no-go in my book.

Since I don't enjoy the result of this foundation I could't be bothered to go out with it and see how long lasting it is. I wouldn't be able to relax and enjoy my makeup look. So sorry for not being able to review that for you.

I've given it so many chances, cause it did cost me 53$. I'm so bummed I bought it before trying. Always the same end result. Heavy, dull and dirty looking :( One of the worst in my collection of foundation actually. (Exactly same like Revlon whipped foundation and Milani conceal and perfect foundation)
I can't recommend this to anyone. I know hate is a strong word. But I really do hate this foundation.

Update: 30/7-2016. Since I wrote this review I got quite pissed that I actually spent 53$ on such crap! So yesterday, before taking my makeup off I decided to just play around with "the little shit". I got a Mac Studio fix in NC37 that is super yellow and way too pale for me. And since Makeupalley really made me think of the cons of this foundation, I figured - Why not mix it with a more yellow foundation just like I complained about above and said that I needed. Also, the Studio fix is a bit more runny than the Born this way, which I think helped with the consistency and made it more blendable.
Bloody hell did it work! They transformed into a high coverage foundation with a satin finish. I put this on 1 hour ago, and now sitting in an air con facility. Everything still looks fresh and pretty flawless.
After work I am going to poster around this island we live on, driving around on a motorbike in 38 degrees. Let's see how this holds up in the heat. Will update you guys!
Still not changing my rating on it since it's supposed to be a review about the foundation itself, not a review about what it would work great in conjunction with another foundation.

on 5/16/2016 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I really liked this foundation. The coverage was medium to full, but looked very natural on the skin. I received complements when I wore it....but it broke me out! I stopped wearing it and came back to it and it broke me out again. I took it back to Ulta.

on 5/12/2016 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i am so sad that i have to write this review and do anything but sing this foundation's praises. i have oily, acne-prone skin, and this foundation didn't look natural at all but it was gorgeous. the finish is extremely satin-y and luminous in the most non-offensive way. like they slipped a little bit of a shimmery highlight into the formula, the way you might use a shimmery primer under your foundation for an allover glow. and it doesn't slide off my face the way other foundations do (even ones specifically 'designed' for oily skin), it doesn't get cakey, it doesn't build up in the sides of my nose like virtually every other foundation i've tried has, it doesn't separate, and more importantly, it doesn't get that ugly, patchy, clearly disturbed look other foundations can have when you mess with it hours after application to redistribute product or touch up spots that need more coverage. it's not fussy at all, applied evenly and streak-free with a foundation brush, and it stayed put for hours without the use of a primer underneath. it really is a lovely foundation.

sadly, i'm about 80% sure it broke me out. i've worn it twice and each time i got two to three little whiteheads somewhere on my face either the day i applied it or the day after. i am utterly heartbroken and was so sure this would become my new HG foundation. i absolutely recommend this foundation to anyone else that doesn't have a tendency to break out from products, but if you have finicky skin, this may not work for you, and i'd try a sample before buying for sure :c </3

on 3/14/2016 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

The best foundation take my word for it. Just perfect.