Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.4

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have combination skin that leans a little more on the oily side, though I do get dry patches on certain areas of my faces at times (mostly my cheeks and around the edges of my mouth). I am also very acne-prone and get whiteheads easily if I wear makeup for even just an hour longer than I probably should. I also have pretty textured skin on my cheeks due to acne scarring over the years, so a pore-filling primer is essential for me.

This is very liquidy but blends very easily into the skin, whether I'm using a brush or a sponge. But it doesn't really help with hiding my textured skin (which is why I have to rely on a good primer). It's currently winter, so my skin is a lighter medium shade with neutral-to-yellowish undertones. I'm not the best at shade matching, so I had an ulta-artist match me and she gave me the shade Light Beige (I generally end up wearing foundations with "beige" in the shade title). Applying it to my skin, it seems just a little light but when it interacts with my natural oils throughout the day, it oxidizes, but not to the point that I'm completely orange by the end of the day.

Coverage-wise, I would say it's medium, but buildable. I color-correct dark areas of my face (under eyes and around my mouth) after primer, but before foundation, so I'm not as worried about concealing as I am about just evening out my skintone and this foundation does a pretty good job. The finish, before powder and setting spray, is somewhere between dewy and matte. Throughout the day, my skin does get oily (as expected) and so I have to blot my skin. I don't find this to become particularly cakey nor does it snatch onto any dry patches I might have, so for having combination skin, this is a pretty great formula. I think this could potentially be a good all-year-round foundation for me, so I may need to go back and get shade-matched when my skin is tanner.

well whattaya know... the hype is real for this one.
I usually am weary and cautious of beauty products that I feel just tend to get “bandwagon” hype and reviews. There’s been a few products in the past that people go nuts about and I don’t see the bells and whistles to go ga ga over it but based off of 2 samples that lasted me about 4 tries I am pretty impressed. It went on and spread like a dream with my KVD foundation brush and covered all of my acne scars, redness and inconsistencies nicely without having to cake it on and looked so natural and made me look flawless. No dryness or oily spots just porcelain doll like skin.. After application I couldn’t help but think “well damn..” the reviews i’ve seen weren’t just beefed up.. like i said I had enough to keep giving it a few more times to really come to a fair review and I love the way it wore all day. No need for blotting which I liked. I have combo skin/sensitive skin and it never irritated my skin or made it dry or oily. I wouldn’t say HG just yet but it’s definitely a good one. However, for more oily skin and for summertime wear i’m not so sure if it would be that great but for wintertime wear this stuff is the real deal. I might take the dive and buy a whole bottle to wear for special ocassions or nights out. Good job TF!

on 12/9/2018 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I think it’s really nice, it’s my second hi-end foundation I’ve used. I really like the way it looks on me, not cakey and have nice coverage (I only used one pump per face) but it oxidised on me like crazy and I haven’t realised that till recently. I don’t know if it’s the foundation, setting spray (I used UD all nighter) or I bought a wrong shade (I’m nc25 in Mac and I bought shade light medium)
I won’t buy it again cause I’d like to try their peach foundation instead or maybe another hi-end foundation.

on 11/11/2018 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not a good foundation for very dry, flaky, mature skin. I'd been wanting to try it forever, and when i finally did, i was sadly disappointed. Firstly, i'm surprised they claim it's "undetectable" because it definitely looked like foundation sitting on my skin. Second, they say it has a radiant finish, but on me it was satin, almost matte actually. Finally, they say it is full coverage (on Sephora's site at least), but on me it was definitely medium coverage (I could still slightly see all my sunspots). It's very thick, and also too yellow (i got the color Porcelain, which is described as "very fair w/ neutral undertones", and i usually wear NC18/N18 in MAC, but it was also a little too dark). I tried applying it with several methods too: fingers, brush, damp beauty blender, as well as tried it with different primers underneath (Milk Blur Stick, and Too Faced Hangover Rx), but nothing made a difference, it just didn't look good on my skin. It exacerbated all my dry patches, texture issues, and pores. It didn't really make my face feel dry or dehydrated though. It would probably be a nice foundation for oily or normal skin.

on 9/4/2018 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation. It has moderate to full coverage, has a very creamy not drying texture, that gives me a near flawless look. It doesn't crease in my fine lines & stays on all day. I first use a primer then put this on then finish it off with a setting spray. I have tried countless foundations & from now on this is my new love. A must try for anyone who is in search for a new foundation.

on 4/3/2018 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I don't see anything special about this foundation. It gives me a nice sheer coverage but it's nothing better than my maybelline fit me. Way over-priced for the quality.

on 3/22/2018 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

My oily skin girls, STEP AWAY from the foundation sisters. Don’t even glance at this, it will stay on for a cool hour and look beautiful. Then after that, your hopes and dreams will die. The foundation will melt off and you’ll look like you set your foundation with Pam. It’s a no go for me

on 3/15/2018 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a three sample pack from a Sephora order it came with 3 shades, Vanilla, Light Beige and Sand. I opened Sand first because of my yellow undertone, and I wear Sand (winter) or Rattan mixed in summer with ELDW... it was super dark and orange so I opened Vanilla to try to tone it down, this was also dark just a bit less but still orange, thought BEIGE would be better, nope orange! Maybe it was the samples but they are all ORANGE, I mixed the shades together to test on my face while I was at home (so I didn't look like an oompa in public).

I applied with a brush and then set with a beauty blender and loose powder... once it was on my skin it blended better and didn't look as orange, but still, it was not yellow enough for me.. This was at about 5pm but by 9pm I was super oily. I won't purchase or retest as I didn't like the wear of the foundation or the shades.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My absolute favorite foundation since it First came out. Makes my skin look flawless. I use shape tape concealer (I dislike the Born this way concealer). Beautiful!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This used to be my holy grail foundation, but that was when I was still pretty new to make up. This was the first foundation I bought that matched my skin tone, as the stores in my area (before this area of my city) got developed, only the middle five shades of every foundation and concealer were available, and thus everything was too dark for me. Now that I have more foundation options, have used other foundations, and Sephora Philippines is a thing, I started noticing the flaws in this foundation. The coverage is not as nice as others in that it gets patchy, and it doesn't work that well with other products. In addition, I have discovered waterproof foundations and those last longer through my hours of theatre performances under harsh stage lights, fake blood, and sweat. This foundation gets patchier and patchier as the hours of it pass by. I now use it for events like parties and awardings, but otherwise it's not very long lasting. There are better foundations.