Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.2

on 1/8/2019 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Surprised that it doesn't have a higher rating. This is currently my go to foundation in the winter. There's good coverage without being drying and the finish is very natural. I am a NC 25 in MAC, Asian skin with neutral undertones, and find Vanilla to be a good match. I was matched to Warm Nude at first but I find that it oxidizes a bit so Vanilla is actually better. No complaints about the packaging. Pricier but worth it imo.

on 12/26/2018 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My foundation shade is nc15-20, revlon 150 buff, kat von d in 43 light.
This is slightly more neutral for my skin tone. I use this in snow and it's apparently the best shade match.
Coverage wise it is considered medium to full and it gives the most skin like finish. Probably the most natural higher coverage foundation I've ever used. Doesn't stay on for 12 or 16 hours in hot humid weather but definitely can last 8ish maybe? Does clings a little to dry patches but nothing too serious.

on 10/20/2018 11:21:00 PM

Ok so here’s the deal. I am a big fan of the Too Faced brand itself, as i personally think that they do put out some amazing products. But this is one they could have kept to themselves. This foundation is full coverage, it does blend nicely, and it does have a nice little scent to it. But the problem i had with this product is that it does have a matte finish, which i prefer in a foundation, but i found that this drys down a little bit too much. I have dry to oily combination skin and this foundation just soaked up every bit of oil my face had left in it. After wearing this for a while I found that I had multiple dry patches in places that my skin usually isn’t dry. It did crack and become patchy over time. I found while doing my face, contour, blush, etc. that the product began to move and basically disappear. I have personally never had a foundation dry my skin out as much as this one did. So I guess if you are someone that who has super oily skin then this might work you. But if you are someone like myself who have either combination skin or just dry skin all together i do not recommend you use this product. It claims to work with all skin types, but for mine, it did not. This foundation is $40 and personally, I don’t think its worth it. Please, if someone with skin like myself has tried this and it worked for them please let me know your secret. I really do want to give this foundation another chance but with the experience that i had the first and only time i used it, its going to be very hard for me to reach for it again, unless there is a secret to making it work.

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Hmm. So I'll begin by saying the foundation is really pretty and it looks very natural, but it does transfer. So as for me I purchased this foundation with the hopes that I wouldnt have to buy 2 foundations to get my perfect shade. So I went to my local beauty store and swatched Chai, Mahogany and Tiramisu which are apart of the extended collection that Jackie Ania collabed and promoted. So heres the thing, I have both golden and Red undertones. But I prefer my golden undertones a little bit more in the center of my face and red undertones around the outer parts of my face. So when I swatched Chai, Mahogany and Tiramisu on my face and chest. I usually try to match my face with my chest. So Chai was extremely to light for me, Mahogany was a tad bit too light(can use as my winter shade) and Tiramisu was a tad bit too dark(can be used my summer shade) the one thing I really loved was the undertones are a true golden color which is absolutely beautiful. So
I'm using Tiramisu on the perimeter of my face and Mahogany in the middle to make the perfect shade for me.
The foundation sets to a natural finish as long as it's not caked on. I used a flat top brush and a beautiful blender to apply this foundation. I will honestly say I like using both and each technique you use to apply this foundation will give different results.
My final thoughts are it's a good foundation, it's on the medium pricey side and I would not run out to repurchase once I run out.
Overall I grade it a B-

Thank you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I had wanted to try this foundation for years but somehow never did. I saw Jackie Aina released her shades in the extended line and it piqued my interest again. I went to Ulta bare faced and swatched 3 shades down my check, jaw and neck. The shade Snow was my match, which surprised me because it’s the 3rd lightest shade and I’m usually the 1st shade in all foundations. Snow is described as being formulated for fair skin with rosy undertones. I didn’t really have high expectations for this foundation (I stopped buying too faced complexion products when they discontinued the Absolutely Flawless concealer, the shade Vanilla was my ride or die.) I was blown away by the shade match of this foundation. This is my perfect, perfect match. I thought I already found my perfect match in a KVD foundation, but this actually matches me better. I use a squalane oil (very thin layer on my skin) and a natural matte primer underneath of the foundation. I have found that it applied nicely and evenly with a brush or sponge, although I do use less product with a brush. I’d say it’s a natural finish, which is what I have been looking for lately— matte foundation is becoming too much for certain parts of my face, it’s starting to settle or crack as I age. This doesn’t crack or get caked or overly oily. I still have to touch up, but I have found that with using the squalane oil, the foundation looks so much better on the skin. The coverage is about medium, you can def build it up, but I usually do not. I have acne scars (pits) on my cheeks and this doesn’t hide them but definitely doesn’t draw attention to those areas and makes them appears a bit softer. I’ve been using this for a bit now and I don’t plan on using anything else. I am will be repurchasing for sure.

on 6/3/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product might be my holy grail. When you put it on it conceals your pores and makes your skin just look like natural skin. @ravenbrazilmakeup

on 3/6/2018 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'm usually a TM girl with or without concealer for most everything but my complexion has been a mess after having a baby. I have melasma on my forehead and cheeks and have been breaking out periodically . I also had the flu recently so when my anniversary came around I needed a foundation with coverage to look like a human being. I have combo skin and needed something that wouldn't make me oily and sits well over dry patches. I had gotten some samples of this foundation and the natural beige was a good match and gave great coverage without feeling heavy or looking like a makeup mask. I did use moisturizer mixed with a pump of Becca champagne pop skin perfector underneath and loved the results. Layered for full coverage this lasted 10 hours with no touch up or excess oil. With a light application it did start to fade a bit in the t-zone at the 6 hour mark. I went out and bought a FS bottle as soon as my sample ran out. I'll probably use this only when I need full coverage since that seems to be when this makeup is at its best and stick to TM for everyday wear.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this foundation. It dries to a beautiful, radiant finish and looks like skin. It feels like absolutely nothing. It's so comfortable that it doesn't feel like I have foundation on. They have a great color range, and this foundation is extremely long-lasting, lasting for a full college school day from 9 am to 6 pm.

As someone with extremely dry skin, this foundation is a lifesaver. It's coconut water gives my skin the hydration it needs. I love how it's buildable. I can build it to full coverage and it doesn't look cakey at all. I also have acne-prone, dry skin and I experience no breakouts with this foundation. It not only has all these benefits, but it also makes my skin look super smooth and flawless. As for the price point, it is pricey, but it is definitely not as expensive as other foundations out there and is well worth the investment.

The only problems I have with this foundation is that it is not transfer proof and it clings to my dry patches, but I have not yet found a foundation that doesn't cling to my dry patches.

This foundation is definitely one of the better ones. It makes me look like I was "Born this Way."

on 12/18/2017 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is still my favourite foundation. The coverage is a medium but you can build it up to a full, it doesn’t catch on to my dry areas, smooths my skin out, covers most blemishes and the packaging is so cute & luxurious feeling. My issue is that it gets oily throughout the day, settles into my smile lines, the colour oxidizes as you wear it, and the price is pretty up there since I run out of this foundation so fast.