Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.4

well whattaya know... the hype is real for this one.
I usually am weary and cautious of beauty products that I feel just tend to get “bandwagon” hype and reviews. There’s been a few products in the past that people go nuts about and I don’t see the bells and whistles to go ga ga over it but based off of 2 samples that lasted me about 4 tries I am pretty impressed. It went on and spread like a dream with my KVD foundation brush and covered all of my acne scars, redness and inconsistencies nicely without having to cake it on and looked so natural and made me look flawless. No dryness or oily spots just porcelain doll like skin.. After application I couldn’t help but think “well damn..” the reviews i’ve seen weren’t just beefed up.. like i said I had enough to keep giving it a few more times to really come to a fair review and I love the way it wore all day. No need for blotting which I liked. I have combo skin/sensitive skin and it never irritated my skin or made it dry or oily. I wouldn’t say HG just yet but it’s definitely a good one. However, for more oily skin and for summertime wear i’m not so sure if it would be that great but for wintertime wear this stuff is the real deal. I might take the dive and buy a whole bottle to wear for special ocassions or nights out. Good job TF!

on 12/26/2018 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My foundation shade is nc15-20, revlon 150 buff, kat von d in 43 light.
This is slightly more neutral for my skin tone. I use this in snow and it's apparently the best shade match.
Coverage wise it is considered medium to full and it gives the most skin like finish. Probably the most natural higher coverage foundation I've ever used. Doesn't stay on for 12 or 16 hours in hot humid weather but definitely can last 8ish maybe? Does clings a little to dry patches but nothing too serious.

I love the coverage and consistency of this product. it's hard to describe but it feels "cushion-y as I apply it on my skin. It has a pump dispenser that allows me to dispense small amounts at a time and I hope I'll be able to get every drop out of the bottle but we'll see. I have a lot of age spots from sun damage and it covers them so well without feeling heavy or looking like a mask. Love, love, love it!

on 10/20/2018 11:21:00 PM

Ok so here’s the deal. I am a big fan of the Too Faced brand itself, as i personally think that they do put out some amazing products. But this is one they could have kept to themselves. This foundation is full coverage, it does blend nicely, and it does have a nice little scent to it. But the problem i had with this product is that it does have a matte finish, which i prefer in a foundation, but i found that this drys down a little bit too much. I have dry to oily combination skin and this foundation just soaked up every bit of oil my face had left in it. After wearing this for a while I found that I had multiple dry patches in places that my skin usually isn’t dry. It did crack and become patchy over time. I found while doing my face, contour, blush, etc. that the product began to move and basically disappear. I have personally never had a foundation dry my skin out as much as this one did. So I guess if you are someone that who has super oily skin then this might work you. But if you are someone like myself who have either combination skin or just dry skin all together i do not recommend you use this product. It claims to work with all skin types, but for mine, it did not. This foundation is $40 and personally, I don’t think its worth it. Please, if someone with skin like myself has tried this and it worked for them please let me know your secret. I really do want to give this foundation another chance but with the experience that i had the first and only time i used it, its going to be very hard for me to reach for it again, unless there is a secret to making it work.

on 7/15/2018 8:08:00 PM

Absolutely love this product. I have been searching for the perfect foundation. To say I am picky is an understatement. I am extremely picky. I need skin like, skin beautifying, skin perfecting, pore perfecting, luminous finish without falling off....see my dilemma? So to say La Mer, GA, TF, Fenty, ELDW, Lancome, Dior etc. etc. I can only say if you are like me and want your skin to look hydrated, smooth, not foundation like, then this is your jam. I only discovered this b/c of the new released concealer. I never paid any attention to this baby. I am a bit of a foundation snob you could say. In any case, this is flawless. I am beyond happy. And I know, can it be that good? Like in a sea of foundations? Yes it's that good. Try it. BTW, I am combo (more on dry side these days), mature, skin needs ALL the help it can possibly get!

on 3/15/2018 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a three sample pack from a Sephora order it came with 3 shades, Vanilla, Light Beige and Sand. I opened Sand first because of my yellow undertone, and I wear Sand (winter) or Rattan mixed in summer with ELDW... it was super dark and orange so I opened Vanilla to try to tone it down, this was also dark just a bit less but still orange, thought BEIGE would be better, nope orange! Maybe it was the samples but they are all ORANGE, I mixed the shades together to test on my face while I was at home (so I didn't look like an oompa in public).

I applied with a brush and then set with a beauty blender and loose powder... once it was on my skin it blended better and didn't look as orange, but still, it was not yellow enough for me.. This was at about 5pm but by 9pm I was super oily. I won't purchase or retest as I didn't like the wear of the foundation or the shades.

on 3/15/2018 10:34:00 AM

I returned it. I was told by sales person at sephora it’s a good foundation for dry skin. Applied it looks like it’s floating on my skin. I moisturized as always then applied with a damp beauty blender. Looked terrible, my skin looked better without foundation compared to with it on. Exchanged it for Nars sheer glow and love it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My absolute favorite foundation since it First came out. Makes my skin look flawless. I use shape tape concealer (I dislike the Born this way concealer). Beautiful!

on 3/5/2018 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It made my face cakey. I have dry skin and it just highlighted my dry patches

on 1/9/2018 10:14:00 PM

I put it on the back of hand at Sephora, didn't buy the bottle though. Got home and there was a rash and little bumps all over that area. Not cute. I guess Im not gonna buy it